Reviews for Need
cam2004 chapter 12 . 8/17
Ok... i'm in chapter 12 and it finally happened! i love this story so much, i know it's 2021 and the writer probably doesn't check in this account anymore... but i'll keep reviewing because this story it's being so well written, that i just want other people to know about it :)
Jenmaccun chapter 1 . 4/24
Back to one of my all time favourite stories. I think this is my 4th read of this one, maybe more. It’s just so freaking awesome!
ya-fic chapter 51 . 4/10
Totally perfect ending to a great story. I know I’m super late to this party, but I’m lucky because I got to keep reading and never had to wait (except for that epilogue you mentioned that doesn’t seem to exist, haha). Thanks for all the time and love you put into this story. It came through and shaped everything. Well done!
ya-fic chapter 40 . 3/31
Great chapter. Booth in the interrogation room was quite masterful. Really, really good and really, really Boothy. And I was just here for the romance, but now I’m super into this case and story you’ve crafted. Awesome!
ya-fic chapter 38 . 3/31
Ooh, we got two really great moments in this. First, the pregnancy reveal and accompanying emotional happiness. Then the simultaneous package and Phelps body. Nice tension and suspense. The chapter ended right on the cliff like the act out of a show. So glad I don’t have to wait on a commercial break
ya-fic chapter 32 . 3/24
“ They felt the weight of the change in their relationship today. Their dependence made clear. It's not like in the past they wouldn't have worried about the safety of the other, they did, they had. But, today it was different, it was deeper. They both knew the stakes had been raised, their risk of loss compounded by what they had allowed themselves to become, together.”

This is a powerful realization and beautifully written. I’ve been working my way through the chapters and I like that they are sort of on to solving her case as she gets stronger and stronger. It is all a subtle, but well-crafted progression on your part.
Ilak chapter 51 . 3/18
This has been a lovely few days, reading this story. Important to me for lots of reasons, comforting for lots of reasons, and ultimately, a great character piece. You’re such a great writer, it’s boggling. Thanks for sharing that 3
ya-fic chapter 26 . 3/16
“No more worry about if they would or when they would or how they would. It was done, forever done, now a part of their history no matter what happened next.”

That is a great line. A mix of finality and possibility. Love it.
ya-fic chapter 21 . 3/15
Great twist in the case! You always have me with the Booth and the Bones, but now I’m intrigued over the case. Well played.
ya-fic chapter 17 . 3/14
“She was like the ocean, calm on the surface but a raging current underneath. He knew her well enough to know that her undertow was strong tonight whether she said anything about it or not.”

That is kind of a perfect description of her, on a good or bad day.
ya-fic chapter 16 . 3/14
“She could feel him in her arms – so strong, every muscle so tense, but so tired, so worn out. All for her. For the first time in along time she felt strong enough to give some back.”

The aftermath of his outburst at Max. It’s nice to see this slight shift in Brennan also. Of course, in these circumstances, Booth has been in the role of supporter, but a shift back into a partnership, slow as it will be, has to start with a few gestures and words. And those were some good ones you wrote.
ya-fic chapter 15 . 3/14
“ Brittle things break, they snap. Booth snapped.”
That was such a great payoff line. Booth really has been worn down by all this. It was almost an emotional release for us to see him breakdown in this barbaric way with Max.

Despite this story being about Brennan, and while we do get to see and feel things from Brennan’s point of view, I feel this story is much more about Booth’s experience, which is sort of our experience as the reader (loving and wanting Brennan to be okay).

I know this was technically your first story, but I was holding out on reading it because it’s long and it’s complete so it was like a treat to myself... and it hasn’t disappointed.
mjf chapter 51 . 3/5
Very much enjoyed your beautiful story. Thank you, thank you! Please keep writing.
Hi there.

I found this by happenstance, just searching through Bones fanfics as I do a re-watch of the entire series. You don't know me of course and I'm reading this several years after you wrote this so you might never see this comment, but I couldn't stop reading these 51 chapters. As a survivor of sexual assault (albeit in childhood) and a huge fan of Bones, this is exactly how Booth would have taken care of Bones if she were a victim of this type of attack. I literally saw my husband and I in this story for the first few chapters when I had to process everything that happened to me and finally got into a healthy relationship with him, not to mention deal with all of the residual PTSD and nightmares. This was so touching and healing to read. It reminds the reader that if you were Booth in this story, sometimes all you can do is hold your lover while their world falls apart, even if you are used to fixing everything. Thank you for sharing your incredible gift here.
Platinum Blondie chapter 51 . 1/2
I've just finished re reading this amazing story, even better than I remembered
1,101 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »