Reviews for The Secret of the Colors
Rebecca chapter 14 . 10/26
This was a really interesting story! i really enjoyed it! XD
hawksma chapter 14 . 10/9
Really excellent. Thanks for writing this great story.
Unknown9501 chapter 14 . 9/14
this was one heck of good story to read well done
kelwin chapter 14 . 6/5
good fic. a bit short and sad
akasanta chapter 14 . 5/12
Very good story. And I didn't find anything at all wrong with the way you ended it. :D

Cheers!

AKASANTA ;D
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 4/6
Good story. I'm still curious about the true identities of the Colors, but that's okay. I'm now wondering if Edgar was James. He and Lilith seemed to be together always, so I wondered. Anyway, I don't need to know who everyone was to have enjoyed the story.

Thanks for sharing.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 4/6
I knew it! Hermione SEES it with her own eyes and still system it can't be done! LOL! Some things never change, even Ron acting like a selfish git.

I'm glad Harry had loving words for and from Sirius. I hope they will see each other again in the future. I think Sirius needs Harry. I don't know about Hermione. Does she need Harry in her life? Does he need her, at least as a friend? Would she drive him insane with questions about those "missing years"? If he keeps up with her, does that mean Ron the git comes along with her? If so, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Snape ... Once a git, always a git, I guess. He's a lot like Ron, isn't he?
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 4/6
Edgar and Lilith ... who are they? I keep thinking of Edgar Bones and Lily Potter. Is it possible that their deaths were like Harry's, that they were given this "other" life as an opportunity to help Harry end Riddle once and for all? Guess I need to keep reading.

It sounds as though the pain Roman inflicted was as much emotional as physical, for Harry, at least. I think he is better off away from Hogwarts. I'm still hoping Snape gets punished by Roman. He deserves it, IMO.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 4/6
Fourth year? Does that mean the TWT will be held ... or was that just hauled out of mothballs for Harry's "benefit"? I don't really mean benefit, because it was more to his detriment. I still believe (as some others have suggested) that Dumbledore may have intended for Harry to be used to resurrect Voldemort, fight him and die, and then step up and kill Voldemort himself.

The above "plot" sounds very cold, but Dumbledore is manipulative. He also has a tendency to ignore the needs of the individual and focus on the Greater Good, though we are never actually told what that looks like or whose Greater Good he means. The Wizarding world at large? Or maybe just his own?

I'm glad Snape got what he deserved. I hope Roman shreds him - and Dumbledore, too, for allowing Snape to get away with stuff like that. I confess to being confused, though, by the interactions between Jacob and Gold. I did like the way Gold handled Hermione's nosy questions. He! He!
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 4/6
For some reason, Gold seems more like I would imagine Salazar Slytherin, as he was the one who left the other three. Could that be why he laughed when asked if he was GG? It could also be why he was hostile to the question of his true identity, as many believe he was evil. It does seem, though, that Jacob/Harry has come to like and respect him, as I thought might happen.

It also seems that Harry is capable of being an excellent student when he is away from Hogwarts. Whose influence has kept him from doing his best - Ron? Hermione? Dumbledore? We know that Ron is lazy and unmotivated, and Hermione is driven to be the best and is jealous and resentful of those who out-perform her. Would Harry have tamped down his own abilities to avoid upsetting either of them? As for Dumbledore, did he have Harry's magic bound? Was that one of the things to which Indigo alluded?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 4/6
Poor Harry/Jacob. I think the solitude will be the toughest part for him; it always was - or seemed to be - the toughest part at Privet Drive. Of course, he had to deal with the Dursleys there, too, which only made it worse. He may not be in the same hostile environment here, but his sorrow over the loss of his friends will no doubt prey on him.

At least, he will have Gold to talk to about things, although I'm not sure how much that will help ... yet. Gold reminds me of Snape. He is less hostile and doesn't seem to hate Harry, but he does seem awfully cold emotionally. Then again, Dumbledore may have SEEMED grandfatherly and twinkly on the surface, but he was emotionally manipulative of Harry, IMO. My guess is that one of the goals is for Harry to bond in some way with Gold, and the isolation will encourage that. Maybe.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 4/6
I'm sorry, but Dumbo's speech didn't seem to describe the Harry I remember. I don't think Harry was all that happy and smiling. He was repeatedly thrown into life-threatening situations and "tested" by Dumbledore. Then he was "thrown back" into his Privet Prison after those harrowing experiences.

I think Harry loved the Weasleys - and he certainly had the potential to love others - but I'm not sure Dumbledore ever allowed Harry to experience any other love. To me, Dumbo's speech seemed designed to make himself and others feel better about the loss. It was not the eulogy of someone who truly loved or even knew Harry. JM2K, of course. And, no, this is not a criticism of your writing. It is exactly the kind of eulogy I would expect from a Headmaster who was accustomed to manipulating others and speaking meaningless platitudes. Maybe you feel as I do about him ... ?
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 4/6
Who is Black? Could it be Sirius or possibly Regulus Black, or is it someone completely unconnected to them?

I'm curious about the creature in the trunk and the "pull" of the ring. Is it a Founders Ring or, perhaps, Merlin's ring? Is Hedwig the "creature" in the trunk, or is it some sort of serpent?
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 4/6
Hm. Harry/Jacob had an interesting chance here, and he let it get away. He could have asked Dumbledore if Harry knew of the prophesy, just to see what he would say. He could also have asked what kind of magical training young Harry had been receiving since he entered Hogwarts, and what training he had received before that, to help prepare him for his destiny. We know, of course, that he has not fulfilled even the most minor of guardian responsibilities; but it would be interesting to watch Dumbledore dance around those questions and attempt to justify his neglect of Harry. It would also oprovide those who truly care about Harry lots of opportunities to yell at Dumbledore.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 3/25
Good first chapter and amazing that no one else had ever done what Indigo did. Thanks for sharing!