Reviews for Simple Things
O'Donnell chapter 1 . 8/1/2017
A perfect Christmas story. Perfect mood, lovely detail, great ambience. Thank you,
Tiay chapter 1 . 1/31/2017
Dear wandering Minstrel,
I guess I spent the last few days on this website as well as on others, jumping through your sherlock/crossover stories and reading them up and down again.
Honestly, I have to thank you for writing all of them, I enjoyed them so much!
Sometimes a story left me behind sad, sometimes thoughtfully, but always with a smile and very happy about the fantastic world I was able to dive in, through the written words of yours.
As I have been reading quite a few sherlock-fanfic, yours defenitely are some of my favourites! For me, every person feels to be in character, so much that I often see them inside my head talking and moving.
Whether it is babybrother Q or little Abby, I completely fell for them. (And finally, an in-character Microft, hurray!)
Sure enough, I would love to read about them again, the little scenes the BBC-Series failed to record and the stories they forgot to tell.

About the misspelling: Sorry, but I am not a native speaker.
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 8/12/2015
This is good
occasionally-maybe-never chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
This fandom crossover is only something I decided to explore today and I'm so glad I did; this was great. I thought you nailed all the characters really well, and I liked how it was told from Q's perspective. I quite enjoyed reading Sherlock in the big brother role, for once.
Energetic red chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
This is too adorable! I love the bathroom scene and Mycroft telling them to grow up
becgate chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Wonderful! !
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Sounds like the same type of family time my family practices. Me and my brother are both anti-social, and our parents are divorced, so we never have to deal with both at the same time.
DorkQueen chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
These crossovers are just absolutely amazing! I love the way you write the Holmes brothers and their banter is perfect: snarky, intelligent, showing off their wide vocabulary. ;)
Fore chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Sweeet :3 Love the Holmes brothers :) and the christmas dinner and their eyebrow convos! :D
coolcatt002 chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
This would be such a great world to see develop. I would love to see how people react when the family connection came out.
Cockapoo chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
So lovely I'm going to go have a cry
Coquillage Atlas chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
I am a big fan of these crossovers! Thank you for writing so many of them. It's really interesting how you've made Q one of the Holmes brothers; he definitely seems to balance their family out. Hopefully Sherlock gets to returning to being "alive" soon!
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
'She'd broken the rule about keeping it up past Twelfth Night, which was also Sherlock's birthday. When Q was little, he assumed that Twelfth Night was simply another word for 'Sherlock's birthday', as though he got a special name for his, because that's the sort of thing he'd do. It didn't even seem odd that Shakespeare had written a play about it.'

Totally true, and equally hilarious.

My other possible favorite bit was Mycroft being psycopathically protective. Sounds about right.
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
This is sweet, but kind of sad in a way. Nice work.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
That was quite simply perfect :)

I adore their mother, I really do, she's exactly as I'd imagine her to be and her presence really adds to the dynamic between Sherlock, Mycroft and Q.

This is also precisely how I'd picture a Holmes' family Christmas unfolding and it managed to be wonderfully touching yet without ever taking the boys out of character. Speaking of which I especially liked Bond dropping by briefly and the proud reaction from their mother when Q did what he always does and saved the day.

I had so many favourite parts I think I would end up quoting the entire text if I let myself but eventually I managed to choose just one part to highlight, which to me completely captures their family dynamic;

"Q supposed that in most families, spending time with each other meant chatting and visiting, but in his family, it mostly involved sitting together in the same room and doing one's own thing, with the occasional conversation cropping up here and there."

I really loved this.