Reviews for One for the Many
Hivedragon chapter 5 . 6/2
I'm liking this, looking forward to more of it.
lolistarkiller chapter 5 . 2/10
I am in love with the story please update again soon please place please please please.
Genesis Vakarian chapter 2 . 9/26/2014
well done
Genesis Vakarian chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
I loved it
Guest chapter 5 . 8/28/2014
Awwww please keep going! Pretty please? So I read your entire story hear and I gotta say, pretty darn good. I am curious as to how one girl and one turian child exchange would diplomatically make things better? Maybe if there were many child exchanges so the turians could see how a human grows and learns and vise versa? Just a thought. Anyway I feel im going to love Emily and her father's reactions. How will they handle bullies? Boys? Her period?! Oh now that will be GOLD. Looking forward to it!
Commander Ray chapter 5 . 8/24/2014
Great work so far, loving how both Emily and Caius are learning about the other species. Kinda funny how he thinks it's gonna be a long ten years now, I can't wait to see how he handles the teens years. Puberty is going to SUCK for them both.
KrystylSky chapter 5 . 6/7/2014
Post more ;)
ultimate idiot chapter 5 . 5/29/2014
cool! I thought you abandoned it. Nice to see you haven't.
swemanD47 chapter 5 . 5/28/2014
Yay neither you nor the story is dead :)
MECHANICALCHEESE chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
The premise of this story alone suggests that Shepard's mother just didn't give a damn. Go figure :-/
sneaky breeze chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Just when I thought I was done with looking for new ME fanfics I find this one very interesting. I hope you complete it and keep it fairly logical and good to read.
OkamiPlayer chapter 2 . 11/12/2013
Please continue!
Sage-of-Aesir chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
the concept is really interesting! keep up the good work!
MizDirected chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
First of all, it's nice to see a fic that takes a different angle than the usual. As someone who tends to start with canon and branch off, I appreciate someone willing to leap into the deep water. One of the most fun and most challenging things about writing is world creation, so I am interested to see how you develop turian culture. As you build it, just remember to keep it rooted in what we know about the race. That will save you some haters. It will not save you all of them, but some.

I have a few pieces of writing advice for you as you progress.

1) Stick to one Point of View. Even in third person, don't hop from one person's thoughts to another. Sit behind the eyes of one character and immerse us in the story through their POV. People often think that being able to show everyone's thoughts will help readers get into the story, but it actually does the opposite. We get so busy wondering and figuring out who we are seeing now that it pops us out of the story.

2) Stick to one tense. If you are telling the story in the past, stick to that tense. Make sure you don't have any sentences that pop into the present.

3) Was and were are the enemy. They are the sign of what we call "telling" rather than "showing". Telling is the narrator telling us the story. Showing is the characters acting it out for us. Was or were means that you are inserting yourself as the narrator. There is a law in physics that no two objects can inhabit the same space at the same time. The same goes for story telling. If the author steps into the story, it pushes the reader out. And of course, we want the reader all the way in, so that they can barely manage to find their way out for snacks and bathroom breaks. :)

Was and were are also a sign of passive story-telling. He was hit by a grenade: is passive because something is acting on him. The grenade hit him: Even without punching up the weak verb 'hit' its a more active sentence.

So yep, kill as many as you can. I try to keep them to 2 a page for my own work. We will always need them from time to time, but in large numbers, they weaken the writing.

4) This is just a FF thing: If you want more reviews, keep your chapter length to under 4000 words, but shorter is better. Most people keep theirs around 2500-3000 words. Mine tend to be long, but yeah, people will read and review a shorter piece before they face a long wall of text.

So, good start. I look forward to seeing where you go with it. Thanks so much for sharing, and welcome to Afterlife. :)
swemanD47 chapter 4 . 9/8/2013
interesting, but there is one thing I wonder about, what use could Lisa be to Human-Turian relations.
I mean.. as far as the alliance is concerned she is a damn traitor and going of with the Turians like that should only ruin the relations even more.