Reviews for The First Step
Leigh59 chapter 1 . 2/12
Tim really is a good friend.
M. Louise E chapter 1 . 2/5
I enjoyed this story. I love the brotherly love shown here. Nicely done. :D
JENTWCSINYFAN2 chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Very nice very nice I love mcnozzo.
smartkid37 chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
awesome job!
Mele chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Nice scene, well done. I like that neither of them - Tony nor Tim - are presented as perfect saints, but as the flawed and all-too-human men they are meant to be, with their various mistakes and insensitivities acknowledged and accepted. And you resisted the urge for a nice, neat, happy ending. Well done, indeed.
NYfanficfan chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Excellent story! I liked the brotherly bonding that those two had. This story shows the true meaning of partnership. I really enjoyed it.
AgentD.6 chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
I just hope we aren't left with a moping Tony for real. Your version was very. Good.
LuluMcGufu chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Love it - a way for Tony to move on, a new bond btwn the guys. If Ziva's gonna go, Tony's gotta find peace.
Laurie chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
I love your view on how things could play out with Ziva leaving.
Very true to character!
earthdragon chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Very nicely written. Tim made a good point about Tony loving Ziva but not being in love with her, which is totally different. After all, if he really was "in love" with her, he would have ignored Rule 12 and done something about it. The problem is, I never sensed there were any sparks between Tony and Ziva. Theirs was a professional relationship only, certainly on her side. I think it is likely that she merely saw him as a surrogate brother. It's a shame really that he and Jeanne were never able to have a permanent relationship, as I thought they were good together.
Ncisgurl805 chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
I really like this
rowenaaine chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Are you sure you aren't a scriptwriter for the show? THIS is the perfect way to set Tony back on his feet. I worry about how they will handle it in the 2 part episode...I dread seeing him broken (again). Great job!
Eilowny chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
I love the fact that this can be read both through Tiva eyes and non Tiva eyes. Just like in the show. Very in character :-)
SkyPad chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
I adore the friendship/brotherly love between Tony and Tim, and I think a big silver lining for Ziva leaving is that it frees up time so that the writers can get back into expanding that relationship. So thanks for writing this in such a way. The prodding, Tony being stubborn as a mule and Tim being patient enough to deal with it, is something I can see happening on the TV show (though, maybe not as in-depth, because the show probably wouldn't lay it all out like this). But I like that you did!

"I'm sitting here wallowing over a woman that I was never in a relationship with."

That was a beautiful line. Because Tony will. And we will all realize it, Tiva fans and anti-Tiva fans. And, either way you look at it, it's sad. You have your chance, you think you'll always have it, then it's gone before you can ever actually capitlize on it.

My favorite bit was Tim explaining to Tony how perhaps Tony was not "in love" with Ziva. The explanation made a lot of sense and I can see how it can be misconstrued as love-love. Maybe it's not true and Tony really is in love with Ziva, but it's the right thing for Tim to say to give Tony a kickstart back into life.

Bravo. And thanks again for the great fic.
camcampgirl chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
I am so glad you took this in this direction, with Tony caring about Ziva, but not really being in love with her. This is totally how I see them, especially after she slept with Eshel, or whatever that guy's name was. I think, even for Tony, that would've been the last straw. I think, even with his limited understanding of real love, that he would have seen that Ziva just doesn't get it, and will never see him as a possible romantic partner. After that last betrayal, where she still wouldn't come to him for help with the whole Bodnar fiasco, I think Tony would have written the possibility of a romance off, but that's just my take on it. I'm actually glad Ziva is leaving, because now TPTB can't go the whole Tiva route. I think that would really mess with the dynamic that makes the show work, and that would make me so unhappy. As long as the actress who finally gets the spot has some sort of chemistry with them, I think the show will be fine. I would love, though, to see Tony stepping up more and doing more training, like teaching the newbie stuff, and teaching Tim more about the SFA position for the future. That would be great. This season should be interesting, to say the least!