Reviews for Go Not Gently
puntas abiertas chapter 14 . 12/1/2014
Loved this story. Thank you for writing it.
Silver and Gold Angels chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Yo, Uh. Word. Adjective. Pronoun. Adverb.
Run on and on and on.
Where my gerunds at?
Parenthetical, uh.

Shit motherfucker ass tits cunt cock motherfucker shit ass tits motherfucker shit
Come on
Fickity-fuck fickity-fuck fickity-fuck fickity-fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Come on

You take some shit, put it up on the wall, check it out for a while.
You take that shit up off of the wall, put it down on the floor in a glass bowl.
You take some fuck, put it up on the wall where the shit used to be.
You take that fuck up off of the wall, put it down on the floor
with the shit in a glass bowl
What? Yo, here's another little piece of advice-vice

You take some fuck then some shit

It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, nigga

I make references to weaponry
Ancient, on you
I wear bullet-proof vests for no apparent reason
other than to create a false sense of importance
of which I could never retain on my own.
I like to create a buffer memory of incredulity
So y'all motherfuckers could never get near to me.

I'm a cartoon character.
You'll never be able to be like me! (me me)

I like women
I like women
I like the concept of a woman
I like to take that concept and reduce it to an object
I like to take those objects and put 'em in my videos
Have them shake they jiggly bits so they looks like hoes

I like to take some car polish, smear it all over they asses
and buff that shit out so it looks like fresh peaches and shit.
I like to take some more of that car polish and smear it all over they tits
and buff that shit out so it looks all sparkly, like diamond necklaces and shit.

Why?

Cuz I'm a lady's man
a lady's man
a la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lady's man

I'm a materialist.
I'm a materialist.
I'll take a piece-of-shit car and I'll lower the motherfuckah;
Put some 18-inch rims on the motherfuckah;
Take some neon, put it underneath the motherfuckah
so when I roll around this town it looks like a hover (hover hover)

I like to take a flat-panel display monitor,
put one on the steering column,
one inside of the glovebox,
one on top of the dashboard,
two in back of the headrests,
one mounted in the ceiling,
two still in the motherfucking packaging, on the back seat
so when my motherfucking friends go and sit on the shit and break it (word?)
I can honestly say:

I. Just. Don't. Give. A. Fuck.

You take some fuck then some shit

Fuck shit, fuck shit.
FranceletteThe Mage-Lette chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
I love Eiko. She is so cute. This is amazing
Galloway chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
I read this ages and ages ago - not long after you finished it, I think - but for some reason I never left a review. I was going to read it again so that I'd have it fresh in my mind before I reviewed... but then I remembered that this story just broke me. Into tiny, jagged, non-functional pieces. And left me like that. For days.

This is a spectacular piece of fiction. Truly one of the best I've ever read. It's one of the works to which I point when someone asks, "Why do you waste your time reading fanfic?" It elevates the art form.
Ci chapter 14 . 2/22/2013
You and your gloriously depressing fanfiction have ruined me.

I am a ruined human being that has been thoroughly ruined.

I hope you're happy.

On a more serious note, this fic is utterly amazing and I can't fathom not only how the idea occurred to you, but how you managed to take the concept of "Evil Vivi" and turn it into something that's not utterly cringeworthy and stupid - quite the opposite, in fact.
Matt Perrett chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Having just finished this, I see why this story has a dedicated page of TV Tropes: its reputation for excellent is well-deserved! It's an amazingly profound work that explores life and death, love and insanity, and more. The characters are well-written and -developed, and it all fits together beautifully. Good writing is entertaining; great writing changes how you see things. This is great writing, and I'm very glad that I decided to give this a chance. I hope the author does achieve her dream of writing a successful novel someday - she's more than proven that she has the talent and ability to do so, and I would be happy to support her endeavors in the future :)
La'Ruelia chapter 14 . 7/24/2012
At first I was wondering to myself, what the heck am I getting into?

Reading through it I couldn't decide whether I liked this story or not. And it was only when I realized that I got through like eight chapters in four hours, blinking and wondering what I was doing with my life, that I had fallen in love with this story. I can't believe how much of a page turner (or, well, page scroller) this was. I started at four and here it is midnight and I'm still buzzing and sad and emotions.

I love Final Fantasy IX and have been reading fanfiction of it and other things ever since I realized that fanfiction existed. I can't believe I did not spot this story earlier (it finished in 2004!). I'm really happy, though, that I didn't read it back then. At the age of fourteen I would not have been able to understand the depth of Vivi or understand why Eiko just couldn't leave. This makes me want to write, and motivation doesn't come easily.

Thank you for the wonderful story and inspiration.
La'Ruelia
Mousewolf chapter 13 . 3/8/2012
Oh. /Oh./ (note that this is a repeat reading, meant for the last chapter.)

...I'd forgotten there was a happy ending. *bursts into tears and hides*

*several weeks later* ...oh, Vivi. I hope you know how much this fic bothers me, not in a bad way, but it chews on my brain and it won't let go and I drew Black Tango not very well and I drew the part where they fight for the second time above the antlions and below the Desert Palace and I'm re-playing FFIX thanks to this and now I can't stop feeling sad every time a black mage comes on the screen and I actually burst into tears again and had to stop (but not Stop) for a while when I got to Black Waltz 3 ( "I exist only to kill. I exist only to kill. I exist only...") and and this fic is now the True Ending of Vivi's story in my head and and and

Vivi. Vita. /Eiko/. It hurts almost physically to think of them now, but I know I'm going to read again and again and again because it's just so beautiful and I can't stop thinking about it.

I don't know if I said this the first time around, but THANKYOU. Thankyou so much for creating something so beautiful and so sad and lovely. Thankyou so much.
Lady Black Mage chapter 14 . 2/11/2012
*dies*

I actually read this a number of years ago on FicWad, when I was in high school.

And it is the BEST FFIX fanfiction, period.

You, my friend, are a writer of incredible skill and talent, and I envy your abilities. I can only bow and doff my hat to thee, as words are not enough to describe how much I look up to you.
chiharu-tanaka chapter 14 . 12/17/2011
Damn. You made me cry. ;_;

I agree wholeheartedly with the person who said this was the BEST FFIX FANFIC EVER. I had never expected any parts of the story to turn out in such a way - Vivi being the Black Tango, Eiko actually agreeing to help him and driving herself insane - and the ending, with Rain and the others alive...

*bawls*

I would commit a great sin by not putting this on my favourites list. You have created an unrivalled masterpiece, and I will reread this in the near future because of its sheer tear-provoking brilliance.
soleildanse chapter 14 . 11/17/2011
This is probably irrelevant, but Vivi sort of reminded me of Howl, but I love your characterization of him, how you made him all wacky, crazy and nuts. My image of Vivi has changed a bit because of this story but I still find him adorable so it's all good. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I like it and yet at the same time it gets me so depressed. I was in tears! Poor, poor Vivi. So tragic but this was absolutely a great read. Almost epic. Great job! Kudos to yourself. :)
anonymous chapter 14 . 9/30/2011
This story was simply fantastic, I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Gone and Gone chapter 14 . 7/27/2011
There aren't many words I can use for this fic, apart from amazing and a tearjerker. So thank you writing this, a piece that's managed to make me cry and is probably one of the best fics on this site.
Hari-chan15 chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
After reading all of the chapters, I conclude that this is a work of genius.

I read this about 8 years ago, but it was over my head. Now that I was able to understand, I'm still speechless. My favorite FFIX fanfiction.
eburulco chapter 14 . 3/23/2011
Wow, it's been YEARS since I've used this name anywhere on the Internet. Still, it's the name I used before, so it's the one I'll use now. You know something? I left a review for this fic back in '04, and I still have fond memories of it today. I can recall getting back from school, checking your website feverishly for new chapters, cackling like a lunatic as I took delight in the madness therein. It was like a drug, it was. A pleasure like few others.

You know how I said you wouldn't be moving off my favourite authors list for a very long time? The fact that I read far less frequently than when I was younger notwithstanding, that statement still holds water.

I'm not sure I realised there would be such a lasting impression but I feel as though you have the right to know, even though I realise you may never come to view this comment. Seven years... has it already been that long? Some things change, but some things are timeless, huh. It's a pity it's fanfiction, because DAMN, you're more than good enough to be published.