Reviews for Fortunate folk
EmilyChelidon chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Wow. You almost had me in tears! You have gotten inside the Eppes' heads so well. Don's relationship with Daniel Shay exposes that caring and compassionate side to Don that he keeps closely guarded. I love how, as Don is helping Daniel to cope with his mother's death, Daniel is also helping Don to realize that these things also apply to Don himself.

You've done a fantastic job with the pace and interest: it's fluidly written and the emotion flows perfectly, with just a touch of humour to keep the intensity balanced. I love: "He'd carried out raids on arms traffickers that scared him less than where this conversation was heading."

I always thought there was scope for far more from the Daniel plot. Thank you so much for sharing!
Sharon chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
Another outstanding story about the Eppes men! You write them perfectly, and when I read the words I can hear their voices in my head. I loved the reference to Don needing a stick of gum to help with the tension. It eased some of the melancholy brought on by the conversation.

Thank you for writing and posting this! I hope to see more from you in the future!
Starfishyeti chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Beautiful story.

You have a lovely style of writing and I can picture the characters reacting just in this way.

Please write more.
numb3rs mystery chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Awesome story . Calculated Risk is one of my favorite episode . Glad you wrote about it
numbers270277 chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Hi,

I liked this Story very much! I enjoyed reading at. I could imagine the scenes very well, also the characters are described very good! A really lovely Story which I would wish to have seen in the show, too!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Very good fic! I like Relationship between Alan, Charlie and Don! Thanks!
supergirl02 chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
That was great!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
There was so many lines in this story that gave me goose bumps, or made me say "Wow", or caused my eyes to tear up - from the mention of the beauty that could be found if you knew where to look for it, to Alan and Charlie's discussion about seating arrangements and family members reconnecting, to the image of Alan sitting on the couch with a picture of Margaret, crying, while Don held him, to "Subtle wasn't often a word associated with his brother." It's hard to say what I liked the best.

It was great to see a new story that was so firmly set in canon. You have a truly wonderful grasp of the Eppes men and it was pure joy to read this moving piece. Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share this with us - and a million thanks for being a part of the Numb3rs fandom. Please keep writing.