Reviews for Dasyatidae
hibble chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Terrific! Brilliant. So very introspective. I suppose the x-men are a little like avatars for our own personalities- your paragraphs on Jean hit me the hardest, because it was so eerily like looking into a mirror and having your reflection tell you what's been wrong with you for so long*. As it is with art, this fic is a tryst, where reader and veiwer share in the joint pleasure of a beautifully penned bit of sheer genius.

I imagine you are someone who is perpetually fascinated by individuals- what drives them, how they came to be, how others view them, and how they fail to understand the effects of their actions on others. Very clever too- I have never read a fic of such quality and insight into the mutant condition. You are really something. I wonder if you eat talent flakes for breakfast while reading some obscure psychology journal, mind ticking away. Thank you for writing this.

* I am no telepath, but I am, how shall we say? In possession of a very high iq, and hence alienated from the bulk of the masses, absorbing knowledge at a terrifying rate without very much real wisdom to temper it, or so I suspect. I'm not quite human; even my own mother says so. Add that to great beauty and you've got a disaster in the making.
LadieLazarus chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
I have always loved this story, and, like what happened with another story this morning, I realized that I've never commented on it.

Brilliant.

The characterization is perfection. I really, really loved this.

Keep up the good work! :)
daskie chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
That's the best writing for Peter (including the commics) that I've seen in a while. Though I agree with you about what they've done with Peter's character I still can't help but like him and enjoy where they're going with it. Good work.
Minerva Solo chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
enjoyed that a lot. Enough to find it hard to pick a favourite part. Definite soft spot for teh proletarian fish though _
Rags666 chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
An in depth discussion of telepaths and the X-men and still with lighthearted moments,

very nice I can honestly say that I've never read Piotir Rasputin writtin(Sp?) so well.
Neva chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
Thank you for this all-round INCREDIBLE look at the man behind the metal. I myself tend to overlook Colossus in the comics, but he seemed to be portrayed perfectly here, and the other characters were great as well. I liked how you mentioned in passing that he was gay without making a huge hairy deal out of it. He does, after all, have plenty of other things to worry about. I am so adding this to my Favorite Stories list.

ps. Incidentally, I'm glad you gave a nod to the little incident with Bobby in UXM #8. While not the prime testimony of Ultimate Xavier's tendency toward ethical lapses (his "mental rehab" of Mags has to take first prize), it's definitely at somewhere near the top of the list. In fact, I give it a bit too much focus in my own Ult-X fic. (Shameless plug, gotta love'em.)
K chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Bravo. This is very well written, and very insightful. It was quite a joy to read, and his point of view is well thought out. I enjoyed the incorporation of his heritage and background to further our understanding in him. The only thing that I would request, is that you identify what it is you want us reader's to walk away with from this inner monologue. Is it his past, his view on Xavier's dream, or even how his relationship with his teammates has (or has not) developed. Otherwise, YOU MUST WRITE MORE. Of course I have no way to actually demand that, but it would be nice.
Jenny T chapter 1 . 9/13/2002
More? I like his view on the telepaths - Ultimate Xavier creeps me out.

The whole 'shower' discussion was just too funny - very much in character for Scott.
bittersweet saturn chapter 1 . 9/13/2002
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ: in responce to Xing's (leader of ) ruling on NC 17 fics being banned, someone has created a petition. i urge everyone reading this to sign that petition and add your comments, your voice and nag Xing until he/she relents and changes the ruling. fight the man! don't let Xing X out our freedom of speech! (get the pun?) here's the link, or at least something to copy from:

oh, and if you want to email Xing, the email is

P.S. sorry for the spam. the word must be spread!