Reviews for Harry Potter and the Three Rules
ExceleKurokami chapter 9 . 6/28
Got an idea of how a first year can kill. Levitation charm to float someone out a window, then threaten to end the charm. While the magic didn't directly kill, it is because of magic that the person has died, and it is the first charm that any first year learns.

I'm going to use McGonagall arguing that a first year can't kill, only for a first year to nearly kill her eight times by dropping her from her window and catching her with the levitation charm before the warning of 'I'll throw you too far for my magic to catch you,' makes it sink into her skull to stop acting like she's wiser because she's lived longer.
ExceleKurokami chapter 10 . 6/28
Oh look, there is more of Dumbledore's insanity peaking through.

Minister: Ban all Death Eaters from Hogwarts! We don't need to strengthen the enemy, whether it is through us teaching them or them being sleeper agents ready to take the school from the inside!

Dumbledore: NO! I need to hire one later so he can torture people to the point where basilisks are nothing compared to hem and so that he can damn our potion brewing business sector while not working his way to redemption! Besides, they'll all come back to the Light in the end.
ExceleKurokami chapter 8 . 6/28
I find that other fics are a gold mine for ideas, such as blatantly showing everyone a canon truth of Harry's world: Adults are all useless.

This is true, because of Dumbledore not deciding that the only good Death Eater is one who cannot move under his own power anymore, whether it is because his leg is shattered or his life has left him, is the sole reason that he almost lost the previous war and couldn't do anything to stop old Moldycrotch from winning the second one. Notice how the Order was utterly worthless and struggling to keep up with the amazing feats of a handful of underage magic users at first, then became a force to be reckoned with after Snape killed Dumbledore? The old man was a crutch, the boot attached to the amazing vehicle of justice that the Order of the Phoenix could have been from the very start.

Dumbledore wasn't a Leader of the Light or anything like that, he was a liability and it nearly cost the world everything. He was a peace loving old fool who didn't have a head for combat, forget war.

As one person said in their fic. 'There are only two rules to war. Rule #1: People die in war. Rule #2: you can't change rule #1. Dumbledore didn't know either rule.'
ExceleKurokami chapter 5 . 6/28
Let's compare the houses and what they generally crank out.

Slytherin: Slacking morons who expect to coast along on their ancestral name, homes and money. Generally gain employment through nepotism and show absolutely no need to better themselves, because they believe they are the best. Generally given high positions in the Ministry.

Gryffindor: Unthinking foot soldiers of the Light. More in common with a bull than a lion. Critical thinking is such a short supply that it is critical they get more. For the most part, this house has become full of glory hounds. Commonly become aurors or similar thinking free professions.

Ravenclaw: Nerds, plain and simple. Similar to Slytherin, but generally much better learned. They also seem to breed sociopaths who see other people as tools of some sort. Very isolationist. Unknown employment, but it is either through nepotism or because nobody else wants the job that requires you to have original thoughts.

Hufflepuff: The only house that is truly like a family. Possibly the most well adjusted people who leave Hogwarts. Graduates of Hufflepuff probably become secretaries, shop keepers, animal care givers and the like. (it is a small wonder that Muggle-born don't all wind up in Hufflepuff)
Reader chapter 4 . 6/28
One of Rowling's biggest mistakes was that the Hogwarts Express was made about twenty years before Kings Cross Station. As far as I can tell, it only have eight platforms originally, so it is hard to figure out why the magicals created a platform that didn't exist on either side to begin with.

And Rowling is British, so she'd know more than any non-Brit.
Reader chapter 3 . 6/27
Britain doesn't use the 'Dr. Smith' bit, they are just 'Mr. Smith.' That's been covered in more than enough Harmony stories that it should be common knowledge.
Reader chapter 2 . 6/27
You made a mistake in this chapter. Snape was marked before he heard the prophecy, his telling old Moldyjock the prophecy fragment elevated him to the Inner Circle. Then again, Dumbledore would do anything to protect his pet Death Eater, even lie through his teeth to make the criminal seem innocent.
ddentler21 chapter 1 . 5/2
Interesting premise to the story, but it’s wasted on every chapter thereafter. You have him cunning and ruthlessness but he allied himself with Granger and doing a shit job at beating the system.
Sefera chapter 11 . 4/20
Very good! I'm favoriting this, and I'd look forward to more in the future, if you ever choose to continue it...
MeinGimli chapter 11 . 3/29
Is HP related to LJ Gibbs? If yes he would need more rules then just the three.
Is this Story abandoned already, or can we expect another Update.

thx and take care.
I’m so happy that I found this fic. This is so good, love everything about it. I adore fics where harry uses his brain and is practical. I really didn’t expect Mcgonagall to punish Harry and she was so insensitive about Hermione you showed her in a completely different light; in all of the fics I have read so far Mcgonagall is always shown in a positive light. Your Hermione is so good I love her so much I’m happy that she will not follow teachers blindly now. I’m so looking forward to Dumbledore and Mcgonagall’s reaction when Harry brings those goblin made knives to Hogwarts. Did I tell you that I adore Harry and Hermione relationship. I know you said you can drop this fic on a whim but please don’t do that it has such a great potential, fingers crossed that you didn’t abandon this fic and will finish it.
Ash0011 chapter 11 . 2/4
this is interesting though it seems to not be updating any longer
Rainbow Prime chapter 9 . 2/2
Couldn't he have killed McGonagall there, though? I mean, first, she did tell him to, second, all it would take is a forceful Wingardium Leviosa cast on her sending her straight up to the ceiling, or a Wingardium Leviosa on her desk sending it flying at her, or any number of ways to use the Wingardium Leviosa spell to kill someone. I mean, if you put your mind to it, you could theoretically turn anything into a weapon. Hell, you could just lodge your wand into her eye! Watch this clip:
www. youtube watch?vWD_vWWp3nFU
Now imagine that pencil being Harry's wand, and the Joker being Harry! TA-DA! It's, It's gone!
kyoshi711 chapter 11 . 1/29
Wished you would use the common names for Hermione's parents. Dan and Emma.
Pyrophoricity chapter 11 . 12/26/2017
A really nice story ! Thanks for it :)
1,157 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »