Reviews for Harry Potter and the Three Rules
autumngold chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
Very interesting story! I love your strong, smart, independent Harry. I am so glad that he was able, despite Hagrid, to get the additions to the trunk he purchased. I am also happy that Harry already knows he can't go to Dumbledore with any problems he has, Dumbledore has already failed him because he wouldn't remove him from the Dursleys. Great story! I am so glad that Harry is already making friends with Hermione, but I really hopes he avoids Ron. Can't wait for more!
1sunfun chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
Nice
RebeliousOne chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
Nice story! It was the find of the day. :) I am reviewing all three chapters here so please be patient with me. Too many fics follow canon like gospel so I love it when I read about Harry doing better for himself. It seldom happens sadly.

I love how Harry handled the Dursley's...mostly. The only thing I would have changed would have been Harry saying he will only do chores appropriate for his age and that is it. For a kid to have that kind of power, agreeing to slave labor does not make sense. It is a pet peeve of mine when Harry is too good to be real. Other than that, brilliant. :)

Interesting way he made friends and learned from them. The ability to go unnoticed will be worth its weight in gold considering his fame. The other skills will be useful as well.

It disturbed me that Dumbles did not/will not protect Harry from the muggles. For the wards, Harry just has to call his aunts home his home. Dumbles could place a charm so that the Dursleys don't notice him or any muggle in the neighborhood. It is no wonder that Harry believed in rule number one even more after that.

It bothered me in canon that Hagrid did not let Harry get books that would explain things better especially since he did a lousy job of it. This Harry was more prepared and he managed to get only a few extra books with Hagrid before he was dragged out of there. Considering his fame, he needed to be more prepared than his classmates, not the least prepared. If Hagrid was that busy, another teacher should have took him. Someone else would have prepared him better by leading Harry to ask the right questions. I like Hagrid, but he can be clueless.

Also, I hope he pays the stone no mind. While he would protect the weak and bullied, I can't see him saving 'everyone'. If he did, he would do it in secret I would think since he may find himself situations since he is Harry. The idea of sticking out even more would not go over well. His mentality of looking after himself will actually have him thinking of his safety I would think. Perhaps he will think that risking his life would disrespect his parents sacrifice. I hope so.

The extra shopping trip should prove useful. Hopefully the illegal charms book will show Harry how to use magic outside of school. There must be a counterspell for the trace. There must be other useful spells in there that were not in canon. There is much potential here.

Since he was interesting in house elves, he could have one take care of his needs and do his chores during the summer. A little added protection would not hurt.

It would be great if he looked into getting the scar removed on his own. In canon, he never had a healer at St. Mungo's check him out fully, let alone his scar, so perhaps they can do something. They could also undo the damage the Dursley's did. That Poppy didn't makes me wonder how she kept her oaths. A guardian would not need to give permission since that is who is usually abusing children in abuse cases.

On a similar note, I have a hard time believing that there was no other way to remove it. It is not like Harry had time to look into other options since he found out during the final battle.

While I can see Harry being friends with Mione, Ron I have issues with. He is damaged as well with his self esteem, but not everyone wants to be helped. Life lesson number 4 perhaps? I do like redeemable Ron fics as well. It is just that this Harry will not put up with irrational jealousy. Ron's useful skill would of course be strategy.

However, Neville fits the rule and he is a loyal friend with no jealousy issues. Perhaps Nev would gain confidence earlier with Harry's help. Nev could also teach Harry about the wizarding world that would not be in a book. He is from a prominent family after all. The way Nev has with plants can be his skill as well since the unexpected boon of having his grandparents portraits will teach Harry everything he would need to know. Probably better than James would have since he like Siri did not care much for traditions.
Admiral Agathon chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
more please great story I like what I have read thus far and can't wait to read more so don't keep us waiting too long.
Kitkatsuna chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
I can't wait till the next chapter especially since you added Charlus and Dorea! Will they tell him about James and Lily? Please update soon! 3
jkarr chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
it is nice that Harry is getting to meet his grandparents.
1sunfun chapter 2 . 8/31/2013
Nice.
yo chapter 2 . 8/31/2013
Yo found this last night but was tired so left it till this morning I'm glad I did because if I read this whilst tired I doubt I would like of read it properly and thus would not have liked it nearly as much as I do.

Thanks for posting it I'm looking forward to more
Red Phoenix Dragon chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
2. A good beginning to a redo from before 91 with Harry discovering his gift and developing 3 rules. Good he is able to protect himself and his friends but how many will join him at Hogwarts.
Sad he has accepted that Dumbledore said he has to stay with the Dursley and not sort relatives and family in the magical world.
Will Harry try an discover his heritage, inheritance and friends of his parents?
Thanks for sharing your story. Please update soon.
rmiser1994 chapter 2 . 8/30/2013
Very nice beginning .
Super bunny chapter 2 . 8/29/2013
Nice start. Although this premise has been done before, I'm curious to see where you go with it. I respectfully ask that you not turn this into a Harry/harem or lunar harmony story, I personally believe that Hermione would not abide it.
shamzika chapter 2 . 8/29/2013
I feel for Dumbledore here; their meeting was eerily similar to the one with Tom. I take it you won't be taking the excessive Dumbledore bashing route? It would be refreshing to read that.

Looking forward to reading more.
shamzika chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Ohhh, intriguing start. Which is bad, you realise, because you've actually admitted -twice- that this is written on a whim and you may abandon it anytime. At least you gave a warning.

Not much to say other than I'm glad that you had Harry defending himself.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/29/2013