Reviews for A Heart Arcane
AtLoveForTwilight chapter 16 . 8/31
Good stuff here. Although, I found myself thinking that this was probably the only time I would’ve been okay with Bella not ending up with Edward. Cause that relationship was so toxic. Thanks for the story though!
readicted chapter 16 . 7/8
Wow, okay. I am really very happy that Bella is still going to Spain. And I hope she doesn't spend all of it thinking about Edward. I like this ending. I like this beginning because this time does feel more earnest and promising. This isn't our fairy tale versions of the perfect Edward and Bella, but they do ring authentic. And there's still that sense of they belong together. They've both took the time apart to get their heads together. They've done some self reflecting, they've grown. You can say once again just when it looks like Bella is moving on, in sweepers hurricane Edward to uproot her world. And I suppose that's true, but this time it does seem very different because they themselves are different. I don't thing Bella would ever put up with walking on eggshells with Edward again. Thank you for this angsty little gem of a fic.
readicted chapter 15 . 7/8
You know what? I'm proud of Bella. There's been some real growth there. She's nurtured herself to a place of healing and maturity. Good for her. No matter the circumstances, that baby girl deserves to be loved and adored. So I'm glad that Bella removed herself from the equation while she was so hurt, bitter and devastated. Angela was a terrific friend.
readicted chapter 14 . 7/8
Wow.
readicted chapter 13 . 7/8
I effing knew it. I'm still stunned. I'm emotionally wrought.
readicted chapter 12 . 7/8
Oh.
Her father's words cut so deep, but ring with such wisdom. It really is that simple. And she needed to hear those words, from her dad. She'll never forget them. She deserves to be loved by someone who would fight just as hard to keep her as he did to get her. PeriodT. Anything less is unacceptable. She gas to love herself enough to not settle for any thing less than that.
readicted chapter 11 . 7/8
OMG, it's not a therapist at all is it? I just freakin figured it out. OMG! OMG! OMG! And because he's a coward, he's lashing out at Bella. And because she let her apartment go, where is she going to go?
readicted chapter 10 . 7/8
I hate that Bella has trapped herself by hiding her relationship with Edward. She's pulled away from her best friend because she's too ashamed or too unsure about her relationship. Now Angela needs the love and support of her bff, and Bella feels unable to be fully there for her. And I feel so bad that when she finally gets an "I love you" from Edward, it's not sweet or romantic. It may have been heartfelt, but it wasn't how she deserved to first hear it, after all this time.
readicted chapter 9 . 7/8
Oh no. I get it, but oh no. I feel like he is hiding something, but not a romantic dalliance. Maybe he's seeing a therapist? Her doubts are going to destroy them. I understand why she may have some lurking doubts, but honestly, I don't see where he's really given her any cause to distrust him in this particular way. He's never cheated. When she saw him with the other woman, she did not pick up on any intimate vibes, his phone is unlocked, he is attentive and affectionate when he's with her, evenn if it's less frequently than shed like. He asked her to move in with him. He even offered to move in with her...me thinks the issue is with Bella. It's her insecurities that's sabotaging their happiness. She should never have agreed to move in with him if she was unsure of her place in his life and heart. Unsure of what they were to each other, unsure of the strength of their commitment to each other. I mean once she knows where they stand, she can make a more informed decision about whether or not she wants to move forward with Edward. As long as they both are informed, they can choose to move forward or, to move on from each other. Someone is going to get hurt because of misunderstandings and assumptions.
readicted chapter 7 . 7/8
Why do I think this was essentially nothing, but will be a factor in their ultimate demise, or the confrontation that seals them together as a couple. Bella's got Peter dangling on, which is so unfair. But I get it. I get why, but it's wrong. And when Edward finds out, it will be ugly. It's all so dysfunctional, the entire relationship, because they don't talk. Bella's always operating out of fear. She's afraid to ask questions, or push, but her doubts and resentments are lurking and festering just below the surface.
readicted chapter 6 . 7/8
This where she's trying to figure out if he is trying to show her that he loves her, or if it's avoidance. He loves being with her like that, but does he love HER? Does he even know?
readicted chapter 5 . 7/8
Yikes.
readicted chapter 4 . 7/8
Girrrl. I so hope this doesn't destroy her. I'm skerd, lol.
readicted chapter 3 . 7/8
"I don't want him to know I love that he came here solely for me."

"We stand here, stuck in this awkward limbo of not wanting to be the one who makes the first move. Not wanting to give the other all the power."

My younger self wants to yell "Run away girl, run, he's after your soul, while simultaneously (and stupidly) swooning at his (manipulative) gesture.
readicted chapter 2 . 7/8
OMG, this relationship merry-go-round, this cycle, it's so soul sucking. I experienced one of those in my younger days. It's intense and consuming, even during the 'breaks,' which are really just pauses, because you're still somehow emotionally attached, not moving forward (even if you try to fool yourself that you are.) Relationships like that wreak havoc on your self esteem and feelings of self worth. In to finally, finally you quit playing your part. Because it takes two.
2,255 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »