Reviews for Healing Hearts
Western-Otaku chapter 1 . 5/25
This was just the thing I needed! Wish this was actually added on the end of the movie because when I first watched it I couldn't believe it ended when it did, I thought there was still more to come XD Many people wished that Takaki and Akira should have gotten together but in my mind I think Kanae should have gotten with him since I believe she's spent more time with him than Akira (Through Middle School and High School) and she's never stopped loving him, even though he's never done anything to cement this... That takes dedication... So I always thought a happy ending would let her get her chance at last... Besides Akira was able to move on from Takaki while he couldn't and let it effect his old life so much... A friend of mine IRL is also stuck in a similar state and while I can't do anything to help him get over it, I wish he'd just find something else that's better for him rather than focus on what he wants but can't have. Great ending!
parastrasz chapter 6 . 5/3/2016
I am a bit late to the party but after rewatching the movie (my all-time favourite) a few days ago, the emotions of it just swept me away and I kept looking for something to relieve my melancholic agony until I was at the point to write myself an ending I could live with.
But before, I decided to first check if there was no fanfiction who already pictures what I was seeking and I read myself through various stories until I met this one.
I made an account to write this and to thank you if you are still around here. This story gave me the closure I was longing for and even though somewhere in my heart, I was hoping for a happy-ending with Akari and Takaki ending toghether, the movie itself and Akari moving on made this somehow impossible. This ending seems to be a happy one for all three of them.

Your style of writing matches perfectly with the pace and atmosphere of Shinkais work and in many passages I found this deep wounding touch I feel everytime I am watching one of his movies. And just like them I sometimes wished for a little bit more but everything good has to come to an end I suppose.

Maybe I will still write an ending of my own to see if I can but I wanna thank you from the bottom of my heart for this hidden treasure I was lucky to found and I hope you are doing fine.
celesgiri chapter 6 . 2/26/2016
this is so good, so beautiful, I love it!
WakaWakaDub chapter 6 . 1/5/2016
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS! ;w;
Carissa chapter 3 . 12/29/2015
I just finished reading the manga today 12/29/2015 and you have NO idea how much I needed to read this. Thank you so much!
Soren Riordan chapter 6 . 4/13/2015
Wow...just...wow. Honestly I love the movie but after watching it, I had an empty feeling inside. This does everything I wanted to happen. It brought the closure I wanted and you managed to make it all cute with the amazing writing. I could feel the characters. You have earned a follower my friend
FinalFantasyVI chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
I'll say it again! AMAZING! Please right more 5cm per second fan fics! :D THANKS SOOO MUCH!
Shougo Amakusa chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Hmmm just two things to add to my review; first of all, it was kind of weird you just ignored Riyou since you set the fic in the final point of the manga and just a few days passed when the couple went to Tanegashima, but I think I would have complicated thing.

The other things that I personally didn’t like too much was the fact you made Takaki meet Akira again. I know it was for him to have his closure. But I would have preferred him moving on by his own. I always though he didn’t do it because he was afraid to face the problem. Meeting her was too convenient to him and well, that made things considerably easier for everybody. I always hated the fact that Akari was able to forget him so flawlessly (and without talking to him), it was like she never loved him in the first time. That is why I wanted him to overcome his depression by himself.

Well, that would be all.
Shougo Amakusa chapter 6 . 12/8/2013
Wow, I’m speechless. I have so many things to say but I think the best way to begin is saying “thank you”. You’ve allowed me to have a real closure on this manga/anime. I enjoyed it, but after watching the anime and reading the manga the feeling of emptiness took over my heart. It was so sad what happened (especially for Takaki) that I just didn’t wanted things ending that way. In fact, Takaki recalled of me a few years ago, fortunately I managed to move on and I could find my happy ending. That is way I’m so glad that he finally could have his (at least in this story)

The way you tell and describe things is flawless; you have that power of making the reader to live the story, to walk along the characters and to feel their feelings and that is amazing. It is a pleaser to read your lines and above all you managed to capture the essence of the original story. You made your fic a short one which keeps the style of the mangaka (3 chapters and 2 volumes) but regardless of the length, your fic has that melancholic taste, that sad aura that characterized the original work. But you surpassed Makoto since you dared to make a proper closure.

Thanks again for the story and for giving Takaki the rest he desperately needed.
Gintoki Sakata chapter 6 . 10/28/2013
Good to finally see some a longer fic for 5 centimeters per second on here, not to mention one with a damn good pairing.
MissingLink01 chapter 6 . 9/26/2013
Great Story, though i think the last part was too bit rushed...
Oh that Seiji, that gonna be a twist (or a Seq) if he is Akari's Son.
MissingLink01 chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
This story need more reader :D
Zetsueno chapter 5 . 9/13/2013
Ah. Its another great chapter. You continue to surpass my expectations again and again. Really. Its amazing how in-character Kanae and Takaki are in this fic.

So, now you've got a huge huge expectation to live upto, because after five chapters of pure awesomeness that I've read it again and again in teh span of a week, if the conclusion is anything less than epicness at its best, it'll be a let down.
Zetsueno chapter 4 . 9/4/2013
Another chapter. Great! I honestly didn't expect an update this quick. :)

Good chapter too. I'm not sure what more I should add, I've ran out of words to express how good this story is, I can't seem to find a flaw anywhere, and while there are some places here and there that could be better, those are just very minor things that are not worth mentioning. Hmm..Anyway, will you be putting the Ryo guy into the picture to create a love-triangle or anything? My opinion is that there's no need for such a scenario, Kanae and Takaki went through enough already.

Also, will/did Takaki mention his run-in with Akari to Kanae?
Zetsueno chapter 3 . 9/1/2013
So, is this the ending? You haven't marked the fic complete. But, the contents and title of the chapter leads me to think so. I hope not, in any case. I want to see more of Takaki and Kanae. If it is, please mark the story complete or atleast PM me an answer. This fic. is. so damn good that I don't know if I could even express its epicness with mere words. You have earned my respect.

Irrespective of whether to not you're going to continue, this chapter truly gave me a feeling of closure to the masterpiece that is 5cms per second. The way ambiguous manner in which Shinkai ended it may have been perfect on a realistic level. Of how life doesn't always have happy or resolved conclusions. But, this is anime and personally, I was unsatisfied with the ending, despite all the deep symbolisms it put forward. If I were to make a comparison, though ill-proportioned, I'd say this fic gave me the same feeling of resolution Takaki got at the end of this chapter.