Reviews for Everyone Loves a Victor
pansmione chapter 26 . 8/6
Oh Glimmer, the irony! I'm glad you didn't die from tracker jacker stings too girl.
This story was really wonderful to read, and I love the way it mirrors and differs from the original books. I'm hyped to read the next chapter in this epic tale. One advantage of finding a fic late is not having to wait at all between chapters and sequels! Thank you for writing this, and I'm hoping for more Katniss/Glimmer in the future.
pansmione chapter 25 . 8/6
Yes! I love Finnick's last ditch save Enobaria plan!
I hope Johanna's okay.
pansmione chapter 24 . 8/6
I actually really like Enobaria in this story. She was legit insane in the books so it's kind of nice to see her humanized a bit.
Side note, I still love Johanna, and I wonder when Glimmer is going to figure out the reason she's not so into her flirting is because she's so clearly into Katniss. I wonder when Katniss is going to realize the same thing about Glimmer, for that matter...
pansmione chapter 23 . 8/6
I'm starting to think that Flash has been brainwashed somehow. He's really creeping me out.
Also, ugh Gale couldn't be more toxically male if he tried. Chill out dude! Katniss isn't yours just because you like her. She's her own person.
pansmione chapter 22 . 8/6
Oh shit! I really don't want conflict between them right now! I really hope Katniss doesn't say anything that pisses Gale off. He's pretty hardheaded when it comes to her. Glimmer shouldn't have said anything
pansmione chapter 19 . 8/5
I'm so STRESSED! Where's Cinna? Is the plan going to work? There's so much tension!
pansmione chapter 18 . 8/5
I love Johanna! I don't know why she doesn't have more fans.
pansmione chapter 15 . 8/4
AHHH! They kissed! I'm freaking out a little bit. Or a lot.
pansmione chapter 14 . 8/4
I'm going to call Katniss the oblivious bisexual from now on. She's so into Glimmer and so clueless about it. Good for Prim calling her out! I still think Gale is annoying as hell.

Aww Glimmer and Prim bonding is what I live for! They're so cute.
pansmione chapter 13 . 8/4
God Gale is such an ass. I can't stand him. I love Madge! I think it's hilarious how she's just there, as a mostly accepted part of the group but nobody is quite sure what she's dong there. I definitely ship Katniss and Glimmer. They are so different from one another, but have a connection that is special and unique. She it weird that I'm kind of shipping Gale and Madge? Because I can see it...
pansmione chapter 8 . 8/4
Ugh I can't figure out these two! I love it though.
pansmione chapter 3 . 8/4
Hmm I'm really dissapointed that Glimmer said all the flirting was just to get a rise out of Katniss. I hope this story doesn't get too Katniss/Gale heavy...
melliemoo chapter 26 . 4/1
I really, really loved this. So many people here rehash the same Quell, and I love the twists you gave it and the different arena. I loved the conflict Katniss has between Gale and Glimmer, love strong Madge and Prim, and the training. I can't wait to go read the next part!
Rhagar chapter 26 . 12/28/2014
Another great work, overall. It was a little disconcerting to see that the actual Games were less than 8 chapters but it actually made sense (the explanations you gave, too) and most of the pre-Games stuff is character interaction. In this case, I particularly like the first person POV style you use, as it allows us to understand the characters in a much deeper level through their thoughts. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the scoring scenes, seems like Glimmer's gymnastics finally paid off in a most unexpected way!

Also, I think you handle the romance part of the story pretty well, better than many I've seen in any case. Considering the fandom and the main character (Katniss has to be slapped with the others' feelings to notice romance at all), the awkwardness which I think here would be pretty realistic in this setting is spot on.

Still on the matter of romance, I have to say I still hope for a final pairing of Glimmer x Katniss. Glimmer is, arguably, as important as Katniss in this AU Panem and considering this is practically a niche story (as you yourself said), I would be really dissappointed to see it go towards the Katniss x Gale path, if anything because I'm sure there are already thousands of fics in the fandom with the pairing. I was pleasantly surprised with that Glimmer's pov when she reflects that flirting with Johanna is almost a chore. Perhaps a hint of actual romantic feelings for Katniss, even if she herself doesn't see it?

That said, kudos to you, because you at least acknowledge that Gale and Katniss have been friends since young and there will be always something there and you don't simply write it off or something

On a side note, what happened to Cinna in the end? Does he and Portia still die like in the second book?
Streetlight Eyes chapter 26 . 7/6/2014
This fic is actually better than the Hunger Games. I LOVE IT. it engrossed me every second of the way. The alteration and the use of an auxillary character so well. It was just amazing!