Reviews for Delayed for a Little While
mlvrose21 chapter 4 . 9/30
I know it has been 2 years since you last updated this story, but please please please come back! The development of Sherlock and Molly's relationship was so organic and realistic. Possibly one of the best developments I have ever read. This story is so good, please return, don't leave us with Sherlock bleeding out! Continue the story, pretty please! :) 3
midnightsnapdragon chapter 4 . 8/29
This is SO GOOD. My goodness. And Mary Morstan making an appearance as her assassin self!
How can Sherlock possibly come back from this? Is he in league with Mary? Please, please, please write another chapter!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 3 . 8/29
In the previous chapter, when you described the first kidnapper, I thought immediately of the cabbie. Then I told myself, "No, he's a minor character and unlikely to feature. You're imagining things." But noooope! The moment he said 'doesn't mean you don't need one', I KNEW. And the whole 'good bottle/bad bottle thing' is actually quite similar to the battle of wits over poison from The Princess Bride, isn't it? Must have been too good of a parallel to pass up. I love this little nod to canon.
John and Sherlock are now a Team! *brings out pom-poms* FRIENDSHIP! FRIENDSHIP!
And that last line! It was obvious who the mystery man was, but even so, I practically screamed.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 1 . 8/28
All of their interactions in the beginning are well written; I especially like the details you weave in every now and then, like what Molly is thinking at a particular moment. Two moments in the leg-cutting-off scene made me smile like an idiot: Holmes brushing back her hair (you wrote that moment well, as a not-quite-gentle, casual, and efficient movement, and the 'oh, for God's sake') and staring at her as she asked him if he'd had any luck, and saying 'in a manner of speaking'. Did he mean it to be /about her/ somehow?!

The riverbank scene - aah! Holmes speaking to her (as you said) as a peer and not as a higher intellect; the twinkle in his eye; Molly speculating on her fascination with him ... and instructing herself to grow up. Ahahhahahaaa! It was only in this scene that I realised that Holmes' refrain of "if I must" is parallel to Wesley's "as you wish", which was really an "I love you" in disguise - and when this occurred to me, I actually squealed.

And then I went back and counted: Holmes said "If I must" to her six times. (Oh, yes, I DID.)

And ugh, ugh, ugh, THE SCENE WHERE LESTRADE COMES TO TAKE HIM AWAY AND HE TELL HER "I LOVE YOU"? How was that moment so perfect? AND THE KISS! GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHhhh!
In those few scenes you fused Sherlock and The Princess Bride together in the most wonderful way and I love this story for it. And those two end sentences, OH MY LORD - the dramatic flair, the ominous thunderclap! The next perfect tie-ins with the Princess Bride!

Hello, multi-chapter fic. It's very nice to meet you. Now excuse me while I go fetch my trusty smelling salts.

P.S. How about, "My name is Sherlock Holmes. You hurt my landlady. Prepare to die." ?
standasawitness chapter 4 . 5/20
Please, please, please tell me that you aren't going to abandon this story! It is too fantastic, too beautiful for you to stop now! I understand if you're busy, but PLEASE finish it! I loved every single line, every single word. The parallels between the two, the integration of Sherlockian characters into the story, the backstories - everything was perfect. I was so blown away by your writing style and details. Thank you so, so much! (Please update soon! ;) ) :D
scubagurl22 chapter 4 . 2/8
Wait. What?! Is that the end? What did the head tilt mean? Is he "dead" again?
Lona Beth Undorina chapter 4 . 7/21/2015
Holy peanuts, batman! This is amazing. Any chance we'll be seeing an update?
danannb chapter 4 . 5/15/2015
Oh my gosh... you have to finish this story! You can't leave it like this! I'm waiting (hopefully not in vain) for the next chapter.
Tenzin chapter 4 . 11/13/2014
This is epic!thank u so much for this story.. I can't wait to read the next chapter..
SimplySpectating chapter 4 . 10/27/2014
I know this was posted a while ago but I've been so busy with school and family that I'm just reading this now. I love it so much I can't stand it. Its diversions from the original are what I really love. Their personalities and molly being upset over the wolf was perfect.
reader chapter 4 . 10/24/2014
Brilliant! I would never have thought of using the cabby as Visini. And Watson and Mary are perfect also. Now we just need to get Sherlock undead again...
sherlolly-shipper221B chapter 4 . 10/19/2014
HOLY MOLY! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS TO UPDATE FOR SO LONG AND I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE IT UPDATED! THANK YOU THANK YOU! This was a truly incredible chapter but cliffhanger! Noooo! I can't wait to see what happens next.
AtypicalTeenager22 chapter 4 . 10/19/2014
I was wondering if Mart would make an appearance. Love the twist on the princess bride and incorporating sherlock episodes. It's so good and addicting. I can't wait for the what's next!
Limaro chapter 4 . 10/19/2014
Such joy to see this continued! I went back to reread from the beginning. I enjoyed so much about this reunion that I don't know where to start raving first. The passionate kiss of course. Molly's inappropriate sense of humor making itself known after the wolf attack was great. All of the little connections to both the Sherlock and the Princess Bride universes. It all turned out okay when Mary Morstan shot Sherlock. Even though it was painful to read, I'm confident James' Morstan stabbing him will end well too! I look forward to seeing what clever turn you have in store to make it all okay. I'd sure love to see Miracle Max make an appearance. And it would be awesome to see how you Sherlock-ize that "to the pain" speech.
Thanks for writing!
JesusFreak77 chapter 4 . 10/18/2014
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Why would you do this to me. My heart hurts, man.
But it's so good! Update soon, if you can. You have no idea how excited I was when I saw you had updated.