Reviews for Lifetime of Memories Lifetime of Lies
Angie Tribeca chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
this story was cool! good job.
sweetkiwi604 chapter 3 . 11/2/2013
Very different from what I've read before but still good!
AislingIsobel chapter 3 . 9/28/2013
I really enjoyed the different take and to break three strong personalities such and Noah, Connor and Murphy MacManus when guns and death aren't involved (at least directly) is a task. You did phenomenally well. I'm just in awe and a bit emotional about all of it (this one tugs personal strings).

The way Connor reacts finding out he's not the one adopted is like an arrow in his chest and you feel it. Then Murphy's reaction and Noah's...it was just a stellar piece of writing. The "Family was family" ending is exactly how it should be. I truly love it!
DeDe324 chapter 3 . 9/19/2013
This is such a gorgeous ending to this tale. I love how you had the twist that Connor was not the one who was adopted, it was Murphy. And not only did that kill Murphy, part of me think that hurt Connor even more than if he had been the one, simply because he tries so hard to keep Murphy safe and out of harm's way. This is just me delving into the guy's brain, but I can't help but think he'd feel a little like he failed even though the whole situation was completely out of his control.

I really like the history of Murphy's biological mother. It really helps to shape the whole idea that so much contributed to what the boys ended up becoming. And having her be Russian was excellent. But the whole thing with her hearing Noah's voice and that she was intending to be a nun... it just fits so well with the whole BDS mythology.

Murphy throwing in his little snide remarks is so perfect. I can just see him doing that and sort of lashing out. The whole scene with the three of them was wonderful. It made me think of the scene in BDS2 when Noah is explaining his own history to the brothers. It's great how you were able to take this AU story and have it make perfect sense and work with the actual story we know and love.

***But Murph's mudder knew she had to find his protector. And his protector was you***
This is such a perfect, perfect line. It sums up the brothers relationship so, so well and paints the appropriate picture.

Lastly, I think your ending was beautiful. It was appropriate that it ended up being just Connor and Murphy. These two are soulmates, regardless of the histories that are created. They are two halves of the same whole.

***Connor nodded. "Aye. Did it meself last night. Alone." He kissed the forehead in front of him. "But yer not alone, Murph. Not den, not now."***
THIS KILLS! AHHHHHH!

Anyway, beautiful story my friend and I can't wait to see where you go next. :)
Valerie E. Mackin chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
Family is family, and I think that's the strongest part of this story. It's sad but ultimately fitting that the other woman was already passed. Murphy has his family here, and it wouldn't have done a nun much good to have someone show up saying he was her long lost son.
Valerie E. Mackin chapter 2 . 9/15/2013
Aside from really enjoying the backstories, I think it's really interesting that Connor was upset with himself. Instead of turning his anger and confusion on his mother, like most writers tend to have their characters do in a situation like this, he is angry at himself, and that is very in character for Connor,I think.
Valerie E. Mackin chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
So, I know I posted this once, but we'll see if it sticks this time. I like the difference of this fic. You don't see something like this done very often, and it's a refreshing difference. Plus, the added drama of Ma not being able to tell him anything. That's really a gut punch to the feels.
reedus fan chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
That realization when Connor finally understands & he looks at Murph...My heart stopped beating, I swear. You about killed me with that.

Brilliant angst you wrote, such heartache, Connor knowing what it all meant but Murphy standing there not knowing...just kill me now. Connor tortured with this information and the anticipation of watching his 'brother' find out was just amazing to read. You did an outstanding job with this story.

Really cool how his mother was Russian, nice link to the movie. And she heard Noah's voice, another clever link.

The ending was beautiful & sad at the same time. I loved how you had Murphy cry, anyone would be torn up with finding out they were adopted, made sense that he'd cry on Connor's shoulder. The very best part of this story was the line: "They had been together 34 years; this wasn't going to change anything."

Really great story, very impressive. You really need to write more Boondock stories like this one. I loved it.
reedus fan chapter 2 . 9/15/2013
Wow, great chapter, so angsty & beautiful all at the same time.

I especially loved Connor's walk down memory lane as he thought about their childhood. Very detailed memories you crafted & I really, really loved that entire part.

"And Murphy liked it, a lot." I laughed out loud when I read that line...hysterical.
reedus fan chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Oh no...Adoption papers? What? NO!

Brilliant idea, cannot wait to see how this plays out.

Oh, and the picture you chose for your story could not be more perfect.
Hunter's Grrrll chapter 3 . 9/14/2013
A great original story. Love how you closed with "family is family". Very true in this day and age.
Hunter's Grrrll chapter 2 . 9/5/2013
Damn grrlll! Yours is the first K story I've read and I loved it. You've got Conner nailed and I'm very Interested in where you have him headed. More please!
DeDe324 chapter 2 . 9/3/2013
God, this chapter is just... perfect...

I can only imagine how terrible this would make Connor (or anyone for that matter) feel... to find out that everything you thought you knew was wrong. It would just paint every memory with different colors than what you knew before. Bah.

I think you have a perfect handle on the idea and the character of Connor. Christ, I can just picture everything you describe to a T, whether it's the "present time" of Connor looking through the papers and photographs or his little "flashbacks".

Speaking of the flashbacks, they were brilliant. I love each and every one you chose and they fit those two perfectly. Paints a wonderful picture of who they are and the relationship they have, not only with each other, but with their Ma as well.

I loved chapter 1 and this was a perfect follow up to it. It tugged at my heart strings and tears stung at my eyes and all I want to do is crawl into this story and hold Connor (for once it's for fairly innocent reasons too!). I look forward to where you go from here.
AislingIsobel chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
Oh...no...poor Connor! I know how he feels, that first time you hear it the air just gets pushed out of your lungs and it's one of the most unbelievable things a kid or adult could ever hear.

I love the flashbacks and trips down memory lane, priceless! All the trouble those two got into, such a handfuls. Internal struggle is something I love reading, it's such a complex emotion and intriguing thing to argue with oneself. No one can really win. The question at the end "Or could it?" You leave it hanging (not fair), but open so it has to sink in with us and we have to put ourselves in his shoes.

I was yelling at my phone that it wouldn't change anything, but I don't think he heard me...

Awesome chapter hun! It's a great concept and I can't wait for more!
AislingIsobel chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
This is fantastic and heart wrenching...more to continue on the chapter review...

I love the nostalgic feel to this, it's different. I really, really like it and not just cuz it's Connor centric either (love), but there is such a disparate perspective from what we normally see with the Saints. This is slower, more deliberate, taking it's time and moving through a story centered on Annabelle and Noah.

I'm really excited and have a whole box of tissues just for this story for when you update ;-)