Reviews for Forgotten
Obscured Angel chapter 1 . 5/12
This, this was absolutely brilliant, one of the best short stories I've read in a while.
Thank you so much for writing and posting, it's truly appreciated.
Type your review here...
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 1/28
Nicely done. This reminds me of a particular Stargate SG-1 fic where everything falls to pieces, Earth gone and everyone left gradually dying away. It isn't quite as introspective as this but certainly had a similar weight. Thank you for posting!
NeckerchiefsAreCool chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Oh my goodness, that was brilliant.

Completely terrifying, but brilliant.

This really played on the basis of true fear - fear of abandonment, fear of isolation, fear of living a forgotten, purposeless life - it was all there, tying together the truth and reality of Merlin's deepest fears. Which, by the way, is horrifying. Kudos to you for not only picking up on them but also completely immersing him in his darkest nightmares.

(Forgive me if I'm a bit scared of you right now.)

I have to also mention how wonderfully you captured the essence of the characters. I squealed when Arthur told Merlin that his word was enough, ah they're adorable! *squeals* Also, Gwen's acceptance of Merlin's magic felt realistic and very similar to the way it was done in the show, but not quite.

I am so glad that it was all a dream! When Arthur disappeared and there was the cloud and everything I thought it would be the end, and then he woke up and I could breathe again. Whew! I do have to wonder, though, how the others saw this whole scenario. Was he with Arthur and just collapsed? Or did he slip away in the morning, before having even women up? Just a case of curiosity.

Anyway, bloody terrifying piece, but I enjoyed it all the more for it. It was beautiful, well-written, and quite needed for Merlin. In the later seasons it become clear that his destiny was overtaking his life and friends, and this was a wake-up call to remember that there was more to leave for than just the word of a prophesy. Thank you for sharing this brilliant piece, and I look forward to reading more of your work.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Very nice! It's probably been a decade since I saw the original, but I like this one better. Stargate SG-1 has a similar story too.
wolfnymph1 chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
I am sooo freaking glad that was a dream!
fariedragon chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
What a nightmare! Poor Merlin.
Hogwarts is in Camelot chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Brilliant story, I loved it all the way through! XD
Sahba chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Ohhhh my god ohmygod ohmygod!It was really like bad bad bad nightmare poor merlin! I love every thing you write ;))))
OneSideOfACoin chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
This is amazing. The whole plot, the twist, the lesson learned - - all superb writing, and a real thought-provoker. This definitely stands out. :)
Fare thee well,
OneSideOfACoin
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Wow. That was a very powerful story. I felt like I was reading a horror story, with people disappearing one by one, no one even remembering they are gone. That is a nightmare scenario. I think the quote you chose fits the situation perfectly.
ImaginationInk chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
I loved it(:
(This makes me want to watch Star Trek)
Madkatt chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Wow. I thought this was really good, and really well written. :)
MamzelleHermy chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Wooooooow I so not expected that when reading the summary ! But it was great :D
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing. :-)