Reviews for The Love You Take
Sigrid Frost chapter 28 . 8/9/2016
Great storyloved it. It started out as a fanfic based on a naughty idea, which was good, and moved on towards a great love story, which was even better
Sigrid Frost chapter 2 . 8/6/2016
Great plot. Looking forward to seeing how this story unfolds.
kona5pt0 chapter 28 . 6/30/2016
Would love loveva sequel!
hatebelow chapter 28 . 6/18/2016
I'm so happy I read this fic. Some how you turned a pwp smutty story into an interesting well written fic with fantastic characters who were all different while remaining true to cannon.
excessivelyperky chapter 28 . 6/11/2016
Yay! I am glad that Snape left Hogwarts so Hermione could finish her schoolwork; it wouldn't be fair to either one to deal with the rumors. After wartime, people would have much more time to gossip and come to (largely correct) conclusions. And Snape desperately needed all those people sucking up to him for once. It's a pity that so few Slytherins are at his side, though; so many Snape/Hermione stories are all Gryffindor except for him.

A lovely ending to a lovely story, though, and I expect Dumbles had a quiet little coronary seeing that his attempt to keep Snape and Hermione away from each other didn't work.
excessivelyperky chapter 27 . 6/2/2016
Ah. Good for Hermione! Dumbledore, having failed to get Snape killed off or sent to Azkaban, still wants to ruin his life even after Voldemort's defeat.

But...Hermione is also quite right-Bella died several days before Voldemort did.

Here's hoping Snape isn't an idiot-although if Dumbledore still is, one can only hope they move out of Hogwarts rather quickly.
Lady Reese Kightkens chapter 28 . 5/30/2016
*snaps metaphorical book closed with a deep sigh of contentment*

This was the longest read I have picked up in a while, but I am so glad I did. Being the twisted person I am, I love a good pairing with a forced relationship. Although I did find your characters a little OOC at times, it seemed to work with this particular work. I hate fanfics that move a story too quickly and make them fall in love by chapter 5, so it was nice to see so much struggle for acceptance from both characters. I feel that this aspect balanced out the OOC and made it more realistic to their situation. BTW, I nearly fell out of my chair when it was revealed about Bellatrix involvement from the beginning, so thank you for that plot twist.

Overall, this was a very long drawn out fiction, but I still enjoyed the writing style. It is nice to have a writer with a decent vocabulary, but I felt that there was a little too much at times (maybe due to the overuse of erstwhile?). However, that is just a minor thing in comparison to having a wonderful plot and magnificent characters, so don't read too much into it.

Definitely enjoyed this, so thank you so much for that!
Marriage1988 chapter 28 . 5/26/2016
I have read this gem of a work a couple of times and fall in love with it all over again each time.

Amazing. Truly amazing.
excessivelyperky chapter 26 . 5/19/2016
I see that Dumbledore let Snape be interrogated just long enough to remind him what would happen without his patronage, and that the collar around his neck is still there. Charming man, that Headmaster.

And notice that nobody came to check on Snape to find out if he was dead or alive. Now, I realize that Gryffindors have short attention spans, but you'd think that Creevy would have tried to make sure of Snape before moving on after Voldie was dead. Obviously, Harry had much more important things to do than to make sure the ally that helped defeat Voldemort wasn't killed by his own side.

At least Hermione still thinks about Snape, even if nobody else does.
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 5/19/2016
Very good battle scene; and let's hope that Snape doesn't pay for being on the right side, the way he did in canon.

I wonder if Morgen took the curse from Hermione as her dying act, believing that Hermione doesn't love Snape for his own self by now?
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 5/5/2016
I think Tatiana would approve of the note, once she read it all the way through. Too bad the house-elf couldn't take her all the way to Hogwarts, though-surely someone should have remembered that Hermione is ill and would need help to make it all the way to the gates. Sigh.

I do love the way Madam Prince has arranged her household though, and I thoroughly approve of her way of dealing with household vermin.
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 5/3/2016
Yes-Snape knows his time is limited and that between his two masters, he will have no life after the war (neither one wants him to have a life now anyway) and that Hermione will need special care. I am glad Tatiana Prince is there-at least she and Scampy are entirely on his side, the only people who are. Plus, she can provide perfect chaperonage and still let Snape tend to Hermione's needs.

I bet he was writing a will.
Meuba chapter 28 . 5/3/2016
This was a great story! Thanks so much for sharing!
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 4/26/2016
He's not even pretending to himself that he doesn't care for Hermione so deeply, and soon he won't pretend to anyone else, either. Nasty interaction of the Cruciatus with her compulsion, obviously, and here's hoping someone will know how to save her.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 4/14/2016
Well, she lived through it, though in not good shape; maybe this would be a good time for Hermione to learn some wandless spells? I bet Snape knows a few by now.

Exciting conflict between the women of the Black family-and boy, is Morgen in big trouble *now*. Wonder if Voldemort will want her to take the missing Bella's place?

But Snape kept to his word and brought Hermione back again.
700 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »