Reviews for Firebird's Song: Book II of the Firebird Trilogy
Mr.Destructo chapter 36 . 10/20
man i am such a masochist for reading this story i usually stay away from ones labeled as drama
Mr.Destructo chapter 26 . 10/20
really a magical dildo?
Mr.Destructo chapter 25 . 10/20
some people need to just die and draco and most the rest of the people around him are some of them
Mr.Destructo chapter 22 . 10/20
sorry but lunas a power tripping bitch in this chapter
MadMax93 chapter 19 . 10/11
i dont know if im right or not, and you may not read this review as it is for a completed story, but i feel like you assimilated quite a bit of terry goodkind in this series and i revel in it, intentional or not. this is the first of your work that ive read and i am blown away
Ppsh chapter 8 . 10/4
Putting aside how messed up and disturbing this lab crap is, it does raise a question for me. Why are muggles still alive? I mean consider that magicals are immune to almost every serious ailment. Which is a change I really like as it makes wizards feel a lot more...magical. Then you have to wonder why it is no Dark Lord has gone about and released some horrible anti-muggle epidemic; they could easily figure something like that out, one that doesn't have any chance of hurting magical people, and they could spread it to every country in a matter of hours. If it's a virus or disease of some kind that's enhanced by magic, then it could easily wipe out millions of people within days I reckon. It's just the kind of thing they'd want to do as well, and it seems like they're perfectly capable of doing it. Even if the ICW or covens tried to stop it (and they don't seem to regard muggles as more than cattle anyhow) you can't fight an enemy that infects random people and disappears. Frankly, this is something Voldemort could have done in canon as well, but in your story with the much more in-depth enhancements to magicals it just seems more overtly practical.
Ppsh chapter 6 . 10/4
Good so far, but isn't it kind of a gaping plot hole for them to be able to hold a witch hostage in the cellar under their house, when Harry and Luna are there? Both of them could easily see the house-elves moving through the concrete and magically saturated floors of Hogwarts when they were sorted. Given that this is a muggle house, you'd think any magical person nearby would be lit up like a beacon in the dark. And it can't just be too far away either.

As an aside, it occurs to me now the main thing I don't like about this story is something I didn't like about another of yours, The Bonds of Blood; in both of them, but perhaps this one even more so, you overuse prophecy and 'seeing the future' to lay out everything coming. It's a kind of annoying literary device because it kills anticipation and makes your characters feel like slaves to the scripted plot rather than participants in it.

Think about Harry here; did he even choose Luna as his partner? Not really. Same for Hermione and Justine. He's just going to bond with all of them because his visions told him he would, and the visions of others (Luna, Lily, Sybil). It's like none of your characters really even need to make decisions, because they're all decided for them before the time comes to actually have to make one. And so they just meander along with it.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 36 . 8/29
The loss was very sad, but handled very well. Excellent Part II.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 18 . 8/29
The jewelry store scene read awkwardly, because there were times where it jumped back and forth between all 3 girls and only Justine being there. See the second to last sentence of the chapter for a perfect example in the same sentence. At the being of the sentence the “girls” decide they don’t need earrings and at the end of the sentence Harry and Justine leave the store to collect Luna and Hermione. Confusing and awkward. Otherwise a nice little scene with the old witch giving Harry some friendly advice.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 3 . 8/28
They sent in the heavy artillery for his birthday.
Freddie Rindklip chapter 1 . 8/17
I am just now getting around to writing a review. A little late as I am into the second book. Anyway thank yuou for writing.
StonerMcWeedPot chapter 9 . 5/8
I’m ngl I don’t really like Luna in this story. I wish you’d made somebody else an Aether
Acidflame chapter 36 . 4/9
F*cking shit, my heart, I'm sobbing right now.
Caver Floyd chapter 36 . 3/19
Pretty good story. Some decisions were a little odd, but over all it was enjoyable to read.
Kurojistou chapter 26 . 3/9
I hate that all of my favorite characters are so realistic and harshly imperfect. Well done
2,147 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »