Reviews for Firebird's Song: Book II of the Firebird Trilogy
IMDSTiNe47 chapter 36 . 6/10/2015
Wow. This second book in the series was a truly difficult read. I would not hesitate to say that this universe and the events that occur within are, together, one of the most horrifying things I have ever comprehended, be it reality or fiction.

That said, turning away from something just because it is horrifying to comprehend is exactly what allows the status quo to become/continue being corrupt. It is only when you have brave, desperate people willing to do what they must, such as those in this story's OotP, that there can be any hope. I can understand why many people wouldn't be able to stomach reading this (and there is very good reason to feel that way), but since I am able, I see it as worth reading.

The quality of this second book was in no way lessened from the first; all the aspects of the first book that I positively commented on we're still present. The only complaint that comes to mind is more skeptic than critical: How is it possible for Harry, Luna, Hermione, Tory, Justine, or any of the others to persevere through such immense suffering? True, there were moments where they were overwhelmed, moments of personal weakness, and moments were they were outplayed by their enemies. Yet, there were no moments where they gave up, even if only momentarily, and I believe there should have been.

Well, this was no pleasure to read, and so, unlike what I said in my previous review, will not be among my favorite series. Nevertheless, I value the effort and time you and your betas put into this. Thank you.
- DOMUnspeakable
Lady Leaena chapter 36 . 6/7/2015
This story is unbelievable. I have to say, I'm quite obsessed. I actually stayed up into the late morning hours trying to finish this portion of the story and I love it. I love every single bit of it. Your characters are so human. They all have their own individual faults and where some stories get weighed down by those details, this story seems to get even better with it. The very idea of this story is unique and intriguing that it makes the reader NOT want to put it down. I'm fairly sure many would agree with me that this isn't just a run-of-the-mill Harry Potter fanfiction, no it's so much more than that. And I can't wait to finish it! I assure that when I finish you will likely get a very detailed review on everything that I loved about this story. But until then, Happy Writings!
LoBass chapter 22 . 6/2/2015
I guess one gets emotionally caught up in the story, but what Luna did cannot be right in Harry's eyes. Raised as a muggle, in a muggle home, his belief in right and wrong would be like Hermione's, rather than Luna's. And Harry ALWAYS tries to do the right thing. By his stanards, what Luna did to Hemione would not be right, and fuelled by his mandate to change the wizarding world and Luna's apparent rejection of him, I believe he would seek to override Luna's punishment, and failing that due to Amelia's guardianship, would flee the house. In any event, Harry would find great difficulty in trusting Luna again, as she has proved herself to be too immature for the leadership role she has assumed and which she has claimed as hers so frequently in the past.
CharmedArtist chapter 36 . 5/14/2015
Crying again. You're so amazing.
MAHDI chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
Best fanfiction I've ever
old-crow chapter 36 . 3/25/2015
Hi,

The highs were high, while the lows were sad, but you told them both very well.

Old-Crow
FunnyGinger08 chapter 12 . 2/1/2015
Interesting.
I wonder if Hermione or Justine will ever acknowledge the fact that it was "their kind" that started the whole hunting thing this time around. That Justine's dad had a legitimate reason to fear magicals. It wasn't just an incident of fear of the power they wielded, but a reaction to what they were using that power for. Does that make sense?
His actions were evil and despicable, but they weren't born out of unconfirmed fears like before. Magicals were actively using their powers against non-magicals, not just using them in general.
FunnyGinger08 chapter 11 . 2/1/2015
Not gonna lie. I hate Hermione more than I'm disliking Sir Justin at the moment. She seems to have the same them vs. us attitude as Finch-Fletchley, yet she's acting like it is all moral. Does she care that Sir Justin is doing this because of what the Covens are doing? Has she forgotten who started the whole mess?
Don't get me wrong. Sir Justin is an asshole and a prick, but he is at least owning up to his position. Hermione is hiding the fact she doesn't care about Muggles behind a guise of morality. Or at least that is what it seems like.
FunnyGinger08 chapter 7 . 2/1/2015
Again, there is such a disconnect and it's really weird. Harry and Luna have no concern at all for Nicky, or the Muggles. Granted, they didn't know anyone there besides their guide, but still. They just watched an airport terminal get destroyed and yet all Luna cares about is food? You think there would be some concern for human life.
If the best of the magicals act like this, then maybe Fletchley isn't too far in the wrong. He is still a right bastard, but it's obvious magicals (at least non-Muggle raised) would do the same as him if they had a reason.
FunnyGinger08 chapter 6 . 2/1/2015
Interesting to see such a large disconnect between magicals and non-magicals.
Why did you let "Nicky" take shit from Luna and Harry? I had the feeling that she wouldn't tolerate Luna at all, especially when she called her a Muggle. And Harry's reaction, ugh. "Stop being mean to her. She's not trying to be mean to you." Not gonna lie, I hope someone kicks the shit out of him for one of his comments.
FunnyGinger08 chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
Wot?
That was a very large jump between ending of the first book.
I hope you explained it in the next chapter.
Mystery Melmoth chapter 8 . 1/31/2015
I hope Marcus will burn for that shit. Fucking kidnapping the ones that just want to hide and then going all nazi doctor on them. Fuck him.
Aisucold chapter 36 . 1/11/2015
i actually cried :(
Aisucold chapter 35 . 1/11/2015
ugh no, justine :((

I enjoyed seeing james and lily and even dumbledore in harry's dream/vision. You're definitely knocking lily off a pedestal, and humanizing her. She wasn't so righteous after all, but her cause she was fighting for was overall good
Aisucold chapter 34 . 1/11/2015
Soon as harry sent luna and tori to the tower i knew. damn.
2,164 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »