Reviews for Firebird's Song: Book II of the Firebird Trilogy
Caver Floyd chapter 36 . 3/19/2020
Pretty good story. Some decisions were a little odd, but over all it was enjoyable to read.
Kurojistou chapter 26 . 3/9/2020
I hate that all of my favorite characters are so realistic and harshly imperfect. Well done
Kurojistou chapter 18 . 3/9/2020
I love are you bringing attention to a different rarely voice problem such a rape witching the male society in such a unique way
kg6ebj chapter 36 . 2/16/2020
been an interesting ride sofar! I appreciate that you are able to convey a Sex magic society without lemons every chapter.

looking forward to the end of the road, though from here I would say, consider finishing creating the AU by extending 1 or maybe 2 books 1000 years into the future of the timeline and do the witches and wizards comeback into harmony of numbers or do they die out?
wujuninja chapter 21 . 1/13/2020
fk this started out so well
wujuninja chapter 1 . 1/13/2020
how the fk did we get here
ThR1992 chapter 35 . 1/11/2020
Lily is a daughter of a bitch, that love for her son was driven by her ego, she doesn't care about anyone else, her goal is the dream of a despised girl who proclaims a change but her methods are exactly the same and as she said she is who chose the path that triggered everything. A mother's love is selfish when it comes to protecting her offspring. Harry is too naive, he wants too much equality but he still lets himself be dominated by others.
BillyTheBruiser chapter 9 . 1/4/2020
This story is trying to portrait Harry in his pure canon form in situations where Harry wouldn't stay canon.
It's gotten boring and disappointing.
halleberry1995 chapter 36 . 12/8/2019
BRILLIANT
sondrex76 chapter 36 . 11/27/2019
Nice fanfic, I have been reading this nonstop(except when practising for exams and such), it's both a fun, interesting and sad read.
This fic shows a good reasoning for why the Wizards would/should keep hiding.
In chapter 34 they could all go into Grimmhold's place even though it was hidden by what I am assuming was a Fidelius? Did I miss something?
I think you are a good writer, the main character is overpowered, yet makes mistakes, is not perfect but is still a good person, and makes progress yet suffers failures and consequences for his actions.

I found a few potential minor misspellings and such:
"But it must needs be done." - "But it must be done."
"Worse part of that is I just can't make myself " - "Worst part of that is I just can't make myself "
" I do now I do within my rights" - " I do know I do within my rights"
"She let a small flat on the edge" - "She lent a small flat on the edge"
"motor way" - "motorway"
" At the last, he had to ask the" - " At last, he had to ask the"
" He was healthy wizard—thin" - " He was a healthy wizard—thin"
"are you doing to do with" - "are you going to do with"
"power we're looking, so " - "power we're looking for, so "
"alone with keep us busy for years to come. " - "alone will keep us busy for years to come. "
" at the last to cut off the head " - " at the last moment to cut off the head " or " at last to cut off the head "
" of a find wandmaker, if I do say so myself, " - " of a fine wandmaker, if I do say so myself, "
" the two watched snuggled together." is a bit weird
"you say any different!" - "you say anything different!" or "you say anything else!" or some other modification, the statement is weird as it is
"the1st of September," - "the 1st of September,"
" and this is husband, Harry" - " and this is husband, Harry"
" beside Justine on column-lined" - " beside Justine on the column-lined"
" victims back to homes. " - " victims back to their homes. "
"any tardies. " - "any tardiness. "
"What do you think would happen" - "What did you think would happen"
"irst time he spoken sinc" - "irst time he had spoken sinc"
"Once girl in particular was smirking—" - "One girl in particular was smirking—"
"Harry guesses" - "Harry guessed"
"ile were still in our teen years. " - "ile we're still in our teen years. "
"hair than hung in a simple " - "hair that hung in a simple "
"You're magic's still too" - "Your magic's still too"
" surrounded by revulsion hex; the " - " surrounded by a revulsion hex; the "
"attended meeting of the I" - "attended meetings of the I"
"Astoria's partner now, " - "Astoria's partnered now, "
" here to torture here. Luna " - " here to torture her. Luna "
"was a there to scare Tori back to th" - "was there to scare Tori back to th"
"otter himself it meant getting " - "otter himself if it meant getting "
"fast as bone-mending charm," - "fast as the bone-mending charm,"
"TOnks, you ready" - "Tonks, you ready"
"disillusionment charm fail." - "disillusionment charm fell."
" of their clothes they had " - " of the clothes they had "

Thanks for writing and have a great day!
loreine chapter 22 . 11/17/2019
To be honest, at this point I am disgusted by Luna's control. Being "first wife" and lording it over. Yes, you've done a great job to explain why it's generally so important to thier society to have multiple wives but this is not a representation of a normal traditional family where a "first wife" (who by they way may be utterly undeserving and have the only merit of poaching an unsuspicious wizard) is using all rights granted to her by law and tradition to rise in authority and establish a control over the family dynamics. This is supposedly a home of revolutionaries, people emphatic to the woes of their fellows wizards that are disallowed full control of their magic and fellow withces who are degraded due to their blood status.

And Lune knows full well that she is first wife not because Harry knew and appreciated her before their bonding (a way he felt towards Hermione) but only because she was meant to help him so his magic is not bound after marring a person he may actually want to. And yet, she acts so outraged that his own wife sleeps with him, alongside his prophesized new wife. Just because she did not formally said "bless you" and got to excersize her authority, she gets to stomp her little foot and get Hermione oustracized and penalized.

I honestly don't know why Harry puts up with it. Normally wizards do because they are under the mercy of their wives. This is so not the situation here - his magic is not debiliated, he has a male wand, etc. Because of ridicilous tradition? Is he not on the way of eliminating the current model of society just because it's twisted and unfair?

Not to mention there is the option to still Lune because she can't give children. Of course Harry is not such a person and that scenario is out of the question, but Luna should get a reality check - in terms of the traditions that she evidently holds so high she can be lawfully stilled as she has no way of continuing the line and thus little to no importance in such a family. And yet she accuses Hermione of line theft and demeans her.
Anon chapter 19 . 9/22/2019
Not sure I fully get or buy this explanation about wands, male/female magic, and particularly witch-born vs muggle-born characteristics. Maybe I should just accept and move on...
HermiMadLudwig chapter 22 . 8/30/2019
It was so cruel of Luna. I don't think I'll ever think of her in the same light or forgive her again. I hate her. Seriously, though. Luna was the one who suggested that Justine be his next wife, not Hermione. I can see how this could amount to cheating on your wife in other cases but in this case, it's not fair. Luna seems like a brat who lords their age (or, in this case, marraige age) over others. This is just so UNFAIR! Brat.
Mararsi chapter 36 . 7/30/2019
Sweet! Always bummed when authors still to cannon plot points but you still figured out how to make it interesting. 2 books in 2 days!
Rin chapter 32 . 7/11/2019
It was so satisfying to read Hagrid club those Hit Witches.
2,164 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »