Reviews for Firebird's Song: Book II of the Firebird Trilogy
GynBot chapter 36 . 7/6/2019
I read until 5 am then finally slept, woke at 10 (I still can’t believe my baby let me sleep that late) and then continued to read and just finished now at 12:40. This is so incredibly well written and plotted. The death of Justine was heart wrenching.
GynBot chapter 13 . 7/5/2019
The further I get into this crazy fascinating AU you’ve created the more I marvel at just how artfully and well crafted it is. Seriously I haven’t read a fanfic this good in years. It’s 1:45 am, my 8 month old baby has been sleeping since 10 and I know I’m gonna be exhausted tomorrow but I can’t bring myself to care because I’m too wrapped up in this story. I NEVER leave reviews.
And off I go to read the next chapter.
Wanderer Chronicles chapter 36 . 6/28/2019
So many emotional body blows, I love this story so much.
Jimbocous chapter 35 . 6/9/2019
Thanks for a great read!
BlackRoseargh chapter 35 . 5/17/2019
Why!?
Mattnunescavalheiro chapter 1 . 4/22/2019
Sigh , just dont read this . It's a sad misogynists wet dream and reads just as creepy as one
Mattnunescavalheiro chapter 9 . 4/22/2019
I tried. I really tried to read this . This story had an interesting premise, but the sheer level of misogyny in this work just makes this read as a sad man's wet dream . The first book had the same misogyny but it was sparse enough that I thought the author was evolving and not going to fall into the pitfalls of the "harry Harem " trope. But sadly it doesnt . Tl;dr , skip this if you're looking believable character's who dont just bend to a "holier than thou and more righteous (this was seriously used in the story) than you " attitude. This story is overall left wanting. 3/10
Winlyn chapter 36 . 3/27/2019
Losing indeed...

I did predict the death of a bond mate pretty early... I'm strangely, or perhaps not so strangely, happy or perhaps relieved that it was Justine and not Luna or Hermione. Usually character death treats me quite harshly and this was no exception, but Justine never really connected for me for some reason...
Now Harry has the motivation to fight, and the resolve to kill...
Now is the time for war!

Thank you for this second book. See you at the end of the last one!

-Winlyn
rilkelee chapter 36 . 3/12/2019
Goddamn. This was so much more intense than the first book. It was so good and so tragic. Poor kids. I hate all the horrible old ladies.
silvernecroguy chapter 26 . 3/12/2019
i didnt think the wand would be a giant dildo, though i think they made it that big on purpose.
RisingPhoenix84 chapter 22 . 3/3/2019
I’m a little over half way through so far. Compared to book one I found this has been a bit slower pass. We went through something like 4 years one one book, now one year or less in this book.

I’ve also find the behaviors of Harry and his bonded a bit odd at times. Obviously, they are young, but for instance when Luna asks Hermonie if ignorance is her excuse, that actually seems very reasonable. In fact it seems very related to the bad things they are trying to change about this society. Customs and traditions that no one explains to muggleborns and then uses against them not too mention twice now Luna leaves Harry alone and he’s miserable which she somehow forgot and didn’t make it clear they weren’t mad him. It really didn’t make sense that Hermonie and Luna both left him alone, and it seemed like it was mostly done to advance the plot, instead of just one of them. Maybe it’s just not that story I would write or something, but I’m hoping for a bit more plot that isn’t him and his bonded being miserable and jealous and a bit more of the wider sorry of dealing with the covens and Voldemort.
dylansandy1993 chapter 29 . 2/25/2019
I'm sorry. this chapter really frustrated me. hearing how Hermione treated Harry and even tori was deplorable.

having the comment to remind Harry to not abuse his authority... Feels incredibly hypocritical when we consider the environment they are living in.

If we remember the chain of authority present not even a couple of paragraphs prior. Harry being the husband is incredibly powerless in the relationship.

I really like the story, especially how it's such a well written alternative telling of the original story. However I feel like moments like that are forcing a character's nature to match the original work rather than what is written in this AU.

I loathe when the male is to be implored and forced to be empathetic and understanding. While the female does not require to do such. This unequal treatment is actually quite common. While common I still have an aversion to reading such hypocrisy. Double standards. or simply callousness. "Harry, you've spent your entire life as a slave. Now I'm expecting you to be both well adjusted, learned, romantic, kind, gentle, mature... oh and I expect you to lead a revolution against an entire society that has been entrenched for Millenia."

Love the series so far!
Heartfire12 chapter 36 . 2/10/2019
Super histoire
Harriverse chapter 36 . 2/9/2019
Man, you are an excellent writer!
scifiromance chapter 36 . 1/15/2019
Absolutely brilliant and tragic!
2,164 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »