Reviews for Teardrop for Another Day
AuronLu chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
It's angst, and I think Lu's slightly stronger than that, but it still works, dangit. It's not shit. I'm glad this story is around, and I'm adding it to my directory of Auron/Lulu fanfic. (Google Auron/Lulu to find it)
PrometheusUntied chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
Simply fantastic and breathtaking. I love the style of this piece most of all, in that it jumps around a lot, with partial sentences scattered about amidst longer, streaming sentences. It really manages to capture Lulu's flow of thoughts, as well as the pain and confusion she is struggling with internally. And watching a seemingly strong woman like Lulu beginning to unravel from the inside out is simply fascinating, and quite credible in the manner with which you handled it.

"I wanted to wane, like the moon" was a wonderful line that instantly grabbed me, as was the dialogue at the end between Wakka and Lulu, most especially when Wakka caps off Lulu's confession for how she can only love him as everything other than "Sir Auron".

There is so much going on here that it is very hard to tie down one specific thing to comment on and/or praise. I think that's what makes this piece so wonderful, in that you manage to capture Lulu's entire life in thoughts and emotions amazingly well with so few words. A minimalist approach with maximum impact. That's simply astounding and a very rare talent that you should be very proud of.
Onyx Eyes chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
Oh, wow! This was a beautiful fanfic! The first I've read that had Lulu choosing between Auron and Wakka. Great job!
The Jack of Spades chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
Aw, how sad! Very good work though. Sometimes the flow got a little awkward (some of the sentences were short and felt a bit...clipped, for lack of a better term), but nothing too serious there. We need more Auron/Lulu fics up here, as excellent as this one is.
RocketGurl chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
Aw, I knew it would be sad, but I read it anyway. *sniff* I really really enjoyed reading it, though. *adds to fav stories lists* Bravo on an excellent story!
chanachan chapter 1 . 4/1/2003

*Is in awe*

But I'll give it a shot.

This FANTASTIC! It's elegance alone was able to take my breath away. Your grammar, oh your grammar! It's so...

*Is speechless again*

For now,

starlight chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
ki chapter 1 . 10/28/2002
i think you captured the essence of lulu that i've been looking for on this site! a litte shaky in the first few paragraphs but over all amazing!
Qw chapter 1 . 9/30/2002
Ooh, intriguing. I never really thought about it during the game but Lulu does share the whole Yevon upbringing with Wakka, she's just never as in-your-face about it. "Guardians, believers, protectors"... nice. Interesting speculation on her past. And "I wanted to wane, like the moon" - I really like that.

Nitpicking: With ten years since Braska & co.'s pilgrimage, I wouldn't call Auron's release exactly "soon". "Yet pain lied beneath her smile" - "lay" instead, I think. "...Yet he did not tell me who he was going to make pay" sounds kinda awkward to me, though that's totally subjective.

The doll at the end is an excellent touch... it's hard for me to think of Lulu as anything but tough, stern, collected - but when I realize she carries a stuffed animal with her wherever she goes... :P The whole last paragraph, really... "What remains is my weapon" - finding purpose in protection even past pilgrimage's end. I can see Lulu doing that, definitely. You've got her pinned.

(And thanks for the review. :D)
xaphanea chapter 1 . 9/30/2002
Whew. That was one of the deepest and most angst filled Lulu stories I have ever read. I really enjoyed this, the depressing aura of it all. Beautifully written, beautifully thought out, it is definitely going on my favourites list. Keep it up.
Lulu chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
Why there aren't more Lulu/Auron stories like this, I'll never know...LOVE your writing. I wish their was some more Auron/Lulu interaction (sex anyone? P)...but PLEASE write more Auron/Lulu...PLEASE! D Thanks! :)
stephie chapter 1 . 9/14/2002
:D i love yooooou, sanni, x . tee hee. i'm going to abuse you now, and make you write me more fanfics! aha, no. BUT THANK YOU SO DAMN MUCH. it was perfect, i love it. i love your writing. gaaah, thank you agaaaain! i think i may've cried were i more awake. :P