Reviews for Land Before Time: Great Valley Adventure Retold
Why is the tv show villen is in this ch
AllegroGiocoso chapter 19 . 12/23/2016
Now this was an unexpected end! When I first saw this chapter name , I thought for sure it was referred to as Strongfang and Rena, and Sniper referring to Ozzy and Strut being sniped at. Nice job with descriptive chapter names that don’t spoil too much! And the reputation and honor thing makes total sense, especially considering how persistent the sharpteeth are after the gang especially considering they’re five/seven little kids. Very different ending from what I was expecting, and eager to start Vol. 3!
AllegroGiocoso chapter 18 . 12/22/2016
This is a nice, unexpected twist to the story: I love bonus scenes! The sharptooth rivalry is fascinating and makes for a lot of action … wow, really explains Redclaw’s status in the TV series and why he’s after Chomper. The cliffhanger seems to be indicate a great finale is coming!
AllegroGiocoso chapter 17 . 12/21/2016
Yeah, wow, miscommunications sure do leads to problems! Nice reunion scene with plenty of good touches. Somehow, the egg stealer capture scene is quite a bit more intense here too. Aww, really sweet Sharptooth romance scene… and really in character with how they act in Movie 5 and presumably afterwards. Like Aylene calling in Strongang and Rena. Now this is something I didn’t espect – Aylene actually going to help Chomper get back? This is going to be very interesting.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 16 . 12/20/2016
Gee, this conversation is really tense! I wonder why the stone is reacting the way it is … If I think what’s going on is correct, fascinating miscommunication. It took me a couple times through for me to fully get it, or at least I think. Glad the GOF was there to help convince the adults Aylene’s trustworthy. Wonder how much of the Strongfang-Rena-Chomper-Aylene situation will resolve, and wonder what will still be left for Book 5.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 15 . 12/19/2016
Love the additional dialogue where Cera encourages them to help. Notice the use of ‘it’ pronouns during the Sharptooth scenes, which is really fitting for this point of the series. Really, really tense scene with Littlefoot! Now interesting to see that her words really do come out in the Sharptooth language… wonder what will happen next?
AllegroGiocoso chapter 14 . 12/18/2016
Wonder why the time stone is glowing? Interesting touch to include the Sharpteeth language in the narrative with the rest of the story. Neat perspective too to think that the sharpteeth came in for revenge. Wonder what they want out of Aylene… Interesting to see that apparently Sharptooth knew Elaine and Doc. Nice flashback and makes me curious on what happened in the past.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 13 . 12/17/2016
Thoughtful perspective with Aylene here… Nice emotional segue with the GOF, and like the flashback here. Nice description of the volcano and like her riding Cera across – nice twist! So can Aylene understand sharptooth language? Will be interesting to see Strongfang and Rena's perspective here.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 12 . 12/16/2016
Perfect timing for Aylene’s arrow to come in! Love how Aylene is taunting the eggstealers. Really good job of describing Chomper’s cuteness in these scenes. Really, really tense after Aylene’s bandage came off! Like how you connected this scene to events in the previous volume. And interesting explanation with his parents actually knowing Chomper was in the Great Valley.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 11 . 12/15/2016
Really nice cute Chomper scenes here! Nice twist that Chomper actually bit Aylene first and good job with describing the sensations of that bite. Good thing Aylene has a bandage! I wonder if the others would recognize that something’s wrong with it. Tense leadup to the eggstealer scene too.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 10 . 12/14/2016
Interesting how Aylene notices Chomper’s inconsistencies with the conventional tyrannosaurus look, and love how she noticed the innocence in Chomper’s eyes/ Really nice how you’re slowly and in great detail describing Littlefoot’ realizing that not all sharpteeth are like Sharptooth. Really cute scenes with Littlefoot, Chomper and Aylene here!
AllegroGiocoso chapter 9 . 12/13/2016
Funny scene with Aylene and Topps… Truly did not expect this coming now, especially since Topps’ role is only a few lines in the second movie. A good place to put this scene. Aylene’s making some good points, but the way she’s delivering them, I can potentially see her irritating the others, especially Cera. Now that you write this scene, I realize it sure did take a while for them to figure out that there was something funny with the egg.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 8 . 12/12/2016
Amusing how the egg stealers got scared like that! Nice narrative behind this enjoyable part of the movie. The scene with Rena and Strongfang is really moving. Interesting how Aylene noticed there’s something funny about the egg.
AllegroGiocoso chapter 7 . 12/11/2016
Seriously, now that I’m reading this, I wish these sharptooth POV scenes were in the movie. Apart from making it quite a lot longer, they’re really tense and exciting scenes and show a lot of good character relationships. Love how the sharpteeth are so well personified considering all we get in the movies (apart from Chomper) is clicks and growls and a few subtitles. Really tense about Chomper’s egg… I wonder where it could’ve gone? And always, the narrative of the movie scenes is good too. Like the extra dialogue in these scenes too. The final egg scene does a good job of connecting that part with the movie. Interesting that Strut apparently heard of the events in Movie 1… Great idea to bring up Movie 1’s events to raise the morale of the gang. Neat that the Time Stone acts as a flash light!
AllegroGiocoso chapter 6 . 12/10/2016
Really interesting twist on this scene with bringing the worry about losing them into it. Nice with bringing the archery into this scene too. Tense way to end the chapter, in the middle of the chase!