Reviews for Brothers in Arms
Ukchana chapter 6 . 10/6/2013
Aw, I know it's hard. Um, not like that.

I really enjoyed this but like I said, there are so many more ways you can keep going with this!

I myself wrote a "Deathfic" that wasn't a one-shot, and it got dismal reviews. I updated recently and got *no* reviews at all. But I got some hits. It's difficult with a controversial subject. My deathfic was similar in that I was forcing the reader to read about a real character death *after* the fact, and how the other characters dealt with it.

It was hard, and cold, and really you don't need to know the series to read it. But it is not easy to read. Things like your fanfic are unusual. You won't find a lot of supporters because it's *different*. But that's not *bad.*

I'm sorry you're frustrated by the lack of response. Maybe try to still write. I want to read a sequel. And I hope it's more than "they get together, happily ever after, the end."

Don't give up, and don't stop writing! Please, don't stop. And NEVER delete or throw away ANYTHING you've written OR drawn, or recorded. It's all beautiful and all wonderful and should be kept no matter what.
skie89 chapter 6 . 10/6/2013
Umm maybe its me but your link doesn't work...
Still a good story though I agree with their 'hesitance' it does feel like they are moving along a bit too fast.
Ukchana chapter 5 . 9/27/2013
I like what you're doing! let's see - both are acting to me the way a guy would. Steve's fear is very realistic. The transition from Clint's POV to Steve's is a bit jarring without any breaks, so maybe format a bit differently.

One thing you might want to mention is the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" being reprieved recently. Though SHIELD is not an American organization but world-wide, it would fall more under perhaps NATO standards? But still the issue remains and is an interesting way to give a bit of friction in all the wrong ways (ie not fun ways, lol)

Now it's shown that Steve was in love with a girl back in the 40's so we know then he's bi. And some people actually presume they are either gay or straight and then find ONE person of the other gender extremely attractive. I've known people like that (A good friend is a straight guy but for a few months dated a gay guy just because he was very attracted to him.)

These are all just some fun things to think about. Also maybe check out pervocracy -dot-com - there are very interesting articles on the any varieties of sexuality (including aesexual people) that exist in the human race.

Okay, onto writing! I am curious if Steve will be very chaste about a relationship (especially with Clint being so recently traumatized). This opens up a lot of possibilities, too. Does he have nightmares about killing Natasha? Does he see her as a sister/friend/twin? If Loki knew he was gay, did Loki do anything ELSE to him that would count as sexual abuse?

Why is Natasha unable to help? Is this just a romance story, or are we going to see the entire spectrum? Because even if Natasha is just his friend, she should be more supportive unless she's having issues. I'd love to see her take on things. And maybe Steve might ask for some relationship advice from Pepper (who is dating somebody who literally - from Iron Man 3 - is having PTSD dreams and all kinds of terrible stuff.)

I am really excited to see where you go with this! I also would like to see some "bromance" buddy-stuff with Natasha at some point. I mean, just because he's gay doesn't mean his female friends suddenly don't exist. :-D

Please feel free to use any of my ideas, I was inspired by your well-crafted portraits of the characters! You're doing great and I appreciate reading it. Thanks for writing for us! _
ELOSHAZZY chapter 4 . 9/21/2013
Ok...this is getting interesting , I love that Steve really likes Clint in that way, he could use some comfort and affection considering everyone he has lost in his life. Clint need someone to love and care for him. Hawkeye has suffered physically and mentally and deserves to be happy. I hope they both realize that they are good for each and get together soon! ;-)
Ukchana chapter 4 . 9/21/2013
Okay, I like so far the idea that Clint was either gay or bi before (and that explains his devotion to Tasha as his BFF.)

I also like the making Stark bi, because he comes across as totally comfortable with that - though he is really chauvinistic (which of course could be a cover for being a bit uncomfortable with the *public* knowing he is bi.)

So is this going to be a Clint/Steve thing? Or is it nebulous? Cause I LOVE nebulous. Really I do. It's far more realistic. :-D

I think you are attempting to undertake something that most authors would either never even think of or would write off as too inflammatory: a realistic slash fic - NOT a yaoi (lit: no meaning, no substance)

For that I salute you! Though I ship Clintasha, I also ship well-crafted bi/homosexual couples. And of course, by well-crafted I mean what I said before: realistic. :-)

Thus I have a request: Please don't make one of them "the girl" or the "uke" or the "bottom." - it's not realistic. Clint got the short shaft (no snickers!) in the movie to be the rescued "heroine" but I like to think that he is just as strong as the others if not moreso - afterall, he CAUGHT the Black Widow.

Thanks for a story that shows not everything is cut and dry/ black and white. Shades of gray are far more fascinating.
ELOSHAZZY chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
I really enjoyed reading this story in is exactly how I would have written it if I had your talent to express myself. I love hurt comfort story's and this pulled at my heart strings knowing that Clint has true friends. They care for him and want to help him realize his is an important part of their team. Tony and Steve will always be there to encourage and support Hawkeye and help him through his doubts, fears and painful memories. ;-)

This story should have more follows and reviews!
Ukchana chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
I really like this so far!

It is certainly true that Clint would be really emotionally ripped apart after everything. Having Natasha help him would only do so much - after all, ironically she probably had to deal with many years of mistrust after joining Shield, so he could only wait for what he saw her go through to happen to him.

I hope that this continues to be gen, or at least not become slash except in a logical, very slow progression, because I don't see Clint nor Tony having such feelings when they are (sort of) in relationships with Natasha and Pepper respectively.

Please write more! Hawkeye's character wasn't given much and I enjoy seeing people's different ideas of the character.
ELOSHAZZY chapter 2 . 9/6/2013
This is interesting so far. I take it that Tony is going to get Clint drink and this will allow Clint to release all the anger, fears and sorrow that he has bottled up inside of him. Please Continue with the story I am interested in your take on it. ;-)