Reviews for Change in Tides
ShadowRogue9799 chapter 3 . 9/8/2013
Lol
I hope you do more of this be it a sequal or this, great work
brown phantom chapter 3 . 9/7/2013
Strange grammar and not always the right punctuation used, but like you said at least you finished it. Thank you. As for what you did write, I liked it, and you raised a great point about Soun. When it comes to Akane cheating on Ranma like that, I don't really see her doing that unless she hated Ranma. And I mean really hate, not merely dislike. If she was happy she wouldn't ever cheat, but if she felt no love for him then why would she remain faithful, especially considering she probably would still be accusing him of cheating first therefore making it okay for her.
ShadowRogue9799 chapter 2 . 9/7/2013
Can't wait for next chap
brown phantom chapter 2 . 9/5/2013
Nice to see the real chapter two now, and damn Genma to Hell! Good way to defeat the Tendo's, though you just know they're not going to take this and accept it. Not Soun, who expects his kids to have the same dreams as him. Not Genma, the man who'd rob his family grave along with everyone elses family. And definitely not Akane, the girl who doesn't want Ranma around her but refuses to see him around anyone else. Wonder how this will be resolved.
dominwright chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
same as chapter 1 repost.
znta chapter 2 . 9/3/2013
strange Akane was kidnapped six time and in that six time ranma was never forced to save her and she never hit him only if there is another Ranma show i didn't see were Akane is the devil and the other fiancees are saints maybe i don't know
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
i am from algeria and i will review your story like an algerien who don't like somthing : go fuck your mother and you can put that shit you call story in your ass you fucker .

sorry if there is a some mastek
paladin3030 chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
Why did you post chapter one twice?
brown phantom chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
You've got my interest so far. Wondering how this OC will affect the status quo in Nerima. As for the relationship, personally I'd say keep in Ranma&Shampoo mainly because there are so few of them on this site. And few of the ones available are completed or written enough to really be worth the read. I'm not against a harem, but RanSham has more appeal to me. But ultimately you should write it how it makes you happy, the kind of story you would read if someone else wrote it.
NullFactor chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Pretty short, but I guess we can consider it a prologue or something.

Introducing a new character to slap some sense into Ranma is always nice, particularly if they're going to get him to dump Akane, a character I particularly despise. That looks like what you're planning here, so that's all to the good. Please don't overpower your new character, though, as so many writers do. I prefer when Ranma is the center of the story and part of that is his martial arts prowess. I really hate it when some person comes out of nowhere and is the all-knowing, all-powerful guide. It reduces Ranma to just a hanger on.

On the technical side of things, you've got a few spelling and grammar problems. Particularly at the beginning you skipped out on the quotation marks, which made it difficult to tell when people were talking. Also, I thik you had Ranma saying, "No way he's coming." which gives the impression that the person is defintiely not coming. If you'd written, "No way! He's coming!" on the other hand, it would've shown Ranma's surprise that the person's coming, which is what I think you meant to do.

And why is Ranma suddenly 'emotionally drained'? Just because Akane is yelling at him? From the way you had him relating to her at the start, he doesn't seem to be all that dedicated to her, so her whining shouldn't affect him so much.

I don't mean to be harsh in putting up these comments. I think your story has potentail, but these are fixable mistakes that I believe will make it better. I hope you can go over your chapter(s) and make them smoother and more enjoyable.

Thanks for your contribution and I look forward to the next installment.

Null Factor
Weird Beard chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
This may be a bit unfair, but my mind said "Fixer Sue" just from reading the description.

The cast of Ranma 1/2 is HUGE. 9 times out of 10 you could use any one of them to help Ranma sort out his problems (whether or not he's too much of a wuss to start the ball rolling on his own), and the 10th time is usually a crossover fic with the author's favorite character.
Hiryo chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Please let it be pre-read by someone so that at least most errors are changed.
Sephirotho chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
You committed one of the deadly sins of fanfiction: run-on sentences. Commas and other sentence structures don't bite and they're not out to get you, you know?

Spelling and grammar is also a huge issue, especially towards the end of the story, where the spelling fell completely apart, probably 'cause you wanted the chapter finished so badly that you forgot to spellcheck. Work on that, it destroys the fluent flow of the story.

Also, you're rushing through the story in order to get to "the good parts". The story lacks descriptions of characters' feelings, the environment, clothing, everything. Just take the time to paint a good picture instead of just drawing a few crude pencil lines and telling us what's supposed to be what.

Also, there are some things that don't make sense. For example, if Masamune really is such a great martial artist, why didn't he simply jump over the dojo wall instead of picking the lock? Since I am on that matter, why do Soun and the others take his what is basically breaking and entering in such stride? If someone basically broke into my apartment just to visit a friend, I'd be pretty damn PO'd.

Lastly, be careful. There's a fine line between humorous bashing and trolling overexaggeration, where your hate for the characters becomes obvious.
28 | « Prev Page 1 2