Reviews for You're Not My Real Dad!
fullmetalwords chapter 31 . 7/2
O K AY I REALLY LIKED THIS FAN FICTION IM YELLIN
I REALLY LOVE PARENTAL!ROYED WHEN ITS DONE RIGHT
Your over the top humor reminds me of Hiromu Arakawa and it makes me really happy I'm ngl
You did a great job with the characters, of course with fan fics like this Ed and Roy will always be a bit OOC, but you did a good job at keeping their personalities as close to the original ones as possible
Fun story: I was reading this at dinner with some friends and one of them always teases me for reading fan fiction and he's always like "so who's doing it this time in your fan fiction you weirdo" and I reply with "BOI I DONT READ SMUT" but anyways he looked over and was like "oh look your boyfriend Edward is in this" and he started reading it out loud aND IT WAS SO FUNNY BECAUSE IT SOUNDED REALLY BAD OUT OF CONTEXT WITH THE REST OF THE STORY, IT WAS ONE OF YHE SCENES WHERE THEY WERE JUST LAYING AROUND THEIR ROOM AND IT SOUNDED LIKE THE MORNING AFTER SEX AND HE READ ONE LINE AND IT JUST SOUNDED SO BAD THAT WE BOTH STARTED YELLING (THEN MY MOM YELLED AT ME TO SHUT UP IT WAS NICE) AND HE WAS LIKE "God look at us making a perfectly normal fan fiction seem so wrong" AND I WAS CRYING ACTUAL TEARS IM JUST-
I thought I would share this with you
Brb while I go read the sequal ;)
fullmetalwords chapter 30 . 7/2
HAHAHAHA DID PEOPLE SERIOUSLY GET BUTTHURT NO LIKE I SHIP ROYED AND I STILL HOWLED WITH LAUGHTER IT WAS REALLY FUNNY
Lady Serai chapter 9 . 6/25
The reference is Naruto!
LBH-don't give up chapter 32 . 4/28
It was really good story. You have put lot of accent on their reletionship, but also on their pasts and the plot. It is quite good storywith so many emotions, great plot and some slice of life. Comedy you have put in it made this all the bettereasier for reading, but also closer to the character of anime itself. You have pulled it off pretty amasing. I really liked your story. And only thing that i kind of don't like is that you practicly reapet some scenes. That is about it. Oh, and more thing!What are the secrets of the Elric familly?(you have mentioned something like it when Ed's last nightmare was over) By the way, thank you for sharing this with us. Keep writing, i wanna see more of your even more awesome stories.
Spainish
TransformingTurtle chapter 30 . 4/10
So. This story was kind of awesome. And by "kind of" I mean definitely. I recently found this gem (or maybe saved it a while ago and just now got around to reading it) but I figured one long review at the end would be easier. I actually listened to most of this during my commute to work, because it's long and boring. I don't have a lot of time sit down and read fanfics much anymore, and if I do, it's usually to work on my own (which are no where near as good as this.).

First things first, I'm not typically a huge fan of father/son missions between Roy and Ed. Most stores I've found just haven't caught my attention like this one. When I first read the summary, I wasn't super interested, but boy am I glad I kept reading. It wasn't necessarily the physical, angsty torture that I usually like to read, but your perfection in describing their mental torture was off the charts. It was so intricately detailed, which shows just how much time you put into this.

I really am so glad I found this. The characters were perfectly written. Roy and Ed’s relationship was beautiful and I loved watching it evolve throughout the story. Even the OC’s were great. One of my favorite lines in the whole story was where Al cut Ed off in the middle of the sentence and you said something along the lines of, “censoring curse words since 1990.” That and the funeral for Ed’s antenna were the two parts I laughed so hard at. I enjoyed how silly it could be while still being serious. Overall a great balance, and I can’t wait to check out the sequel. And more so, I’m hoping you haven’t given up on it, because if it’s half as good as this, it deserves to be read.

Thank you and please don’t stop now.
Jayla Fire Gal chapter 32 . 4/10
This is wonderful. XD I love this. Parental!RoyEd is literally my life... As long as it is well written like this anyway. :D
mugiwara-cristal chapter 28 . 2/8
Sequel ?
Ta fic est super !
Imitation Vanilla Flavor x2 chapter 1 . 11/20/2016
NULLMETAL ALCHEMIST AAAAAAAA
Shouta Izukai chapter 31 . 8/22/2016
I take back what I said in that long-ass review. Your RoyEd jibes are downright side-splitting. xD That was hilariously priceless. It kinda reminds me of a similar moment in Bleach when Ichigo did that to Renji, though it was about taking off his gigai rather than his shirt (still ended up misinterpreted)... I don't even ship those two. Still. It never gets old. xD
I look forward to getting on that sequel. :3 And as someone who has had a near-panic attack before, I can assure you that it was pretty close to accurate for someone who's never dealt with them.
Shouta Izukai chapter 30 . 8/22/2016
First off, this was a beautiful story. Just sayin'. :) I'm sorry to hear you got a flame over that omake, but people are stupid and so goes the world. It's cool to see the way you're handling it though; :) I didn't handle it the first time round nearly as well. (Of course, I'm a bit temperamental, especially back then...)
And relationships are confusing. I agree with you wholly on that matter. I've only got it somewhat figured out more recently, and that's only scratching the surface. :P
As a RoyEd fan (though with this particular pairing I get picky on how it's portrayed, and parental!RoyEd works just as well for me), I can personally say I found your little omake hilarious and probably somewhat true. :3
Also props for using FMA quotes in your response. :3
On the other hand, story. Like I said, amazing. xD I personally prefer your take on the relationship, as you stated several chapters earlier, about them leaning on each other rather than it just being Roy comforting Ed. A guilty Ed is fun to read about, but people often take it too far and he just kinda turns into someone a little too OOC to accurately be Ed. So in that regard, I think you did very well keeping Ed in character, since that seems to be one of the hardest parts. :P Tyrell is an original character right? Pretty sure. Still, I kinda wish he'd been canon. xD He's a sweetheart and I want to hug him. Also bleached hair.
I have to wonder how Hohenheim would take to Ed calling Mustang 'dad'. xD Poor guy...
This turned out a little longer than I expected, but once again, thank you for writing (and finishing!) this story! It was a joy to read, even if it took me a week (in between work and other fanfics...). Keep writing! :)
~SI
Shouta Izukai chapter 25 . 8/22/2016
Rest in Peace, Antenna Mark 1...
grungekitty chapter 5 . 8/10/2016
Great story over all and I'm enjoying it a lot, but two notes.
The word "reckon" is so out of place it's shattering my image every time it's used. Nobody in Fullmetal has ever used the word, least of all Ed, so it's crazy weird to see it so much.
Also, I can see that you're very fond of Kambei. I get why. It's yours. You made it. It's understandable to love your own child.
That said, the TLC in describing the place was overdone. I started skipping paragraphs because "I get it! Japanese inspired country that's crazy rich for some reason even though it's never been mentioned before."
The lavishness of the city was a bit over done. I could understand doing that for the palace, but having the entire place be such a show of wealth is really monotonous and unrealistic. Especially if there's a palace. Is their economy supernatural? What is funding all of this?
OakwoodOuroboros chapter 12 . 7/26/2016
I like Toph Hitsugaya as wellShe's nice and writes well.
Gwntan12 chapter 17 . 6/26/2016