Reviews for Thresholds
David305 chapter 10 . 5/13
A lovely story; thank you!
An oops: "class of 1997" - If their first year started in 1991 and ended in 1992, then their seventh year would have started in 1997 and ended in 1998. So they're the class of '98, not '97.
Fine writing. Keep it up!
FunCube chapter 10 . 4/27
Well... that was written so well... I don't know what to say :D

Very sweet story but the way you play with the words... that's not normal for fanfiction.. I'm still flabbergasted and will have to look into how to copy that xD
dephunkt chapter 10 . 4/16
I couldn't help but feel that all that teleporting was just a prank by the Hogwarts staff with Dobby's help with the purpose of getting them together
Harry61 chapter 10 . 2/6
Shear brilliance
Harry61 chapter 7 . 2/5
Communicate the fact that they have the deepest magic...true love
Jsean12 chapter 5 . 1/31
Best chapter so far
sambayar chapter 10 . 1/19
light-hearted, beautifully written story..:)
jacenkenobi chapter 10 . 1/18
I loved this story. It is well written, lighthearted, and the perfect thing for relaxing after a rough day. This story has definitely helped me recover from rough days. Thanks for sharing it with us.
b chapter 10 . 1/8
Stanrick: I never write reviews so this is quite OOC for me. I believe fan fiction is a sanctuary for ideas, a safehouse if you will, where you can write whatever you please, therefore nobody should be offended by the way you string words together. Heck, if someone doesn't like what you write, then they should no longer read it. Period. Nobody is pointing a gun to their head, right? So, this is me still upset after reading some of the less-than-favorable-reviews to, what I believe, are simply fantastic stories (yours included). Constructive criticism? By all means, but people being rude to the author because they don't like where the story is going or who they've shipped... nope, it shouldn't even be legal.

So FYI: I LOVED reading this story, and everything you've written, but for some reason Thresholds MADE me write a review. It is a well written story, with good characterization (this is how Ron should have been depicted) and I laughed so much that my cheeks are still suffering from the after-effects of your I-have-to-read-it-again-it-was-so-funny diaglogue. This is my way of saying thank you and hoping you reap double the good times you've spread by writing this little jewel over 4 years ago. THANK YOU!
Micktrex chapter 10 . 1/7
I came across your stories when searching on google for something along the lines of 'harry hermione stories good characterisation' and was promptly sent to one of the many collections of 'Harmony' stories found on . The thing is I'm pretty fussy when it comes to H/Hr stories - with all kinds of fanfiction, really - because great, almost perfect characterisation is what truly hooks me. A lot of the time many writers fall short of my lofty standards, but that makes the gems that succeed all the more special. I also love H/Hr stories set during the later school years, preferably seventh year when their hormones are at their most volatile and they are reaching that age of maturity where their dynamic has become rock solid, built upon years of friendship. I find many stories set in the earlier years feel a little awkward when you realise how old the two characters are supposed to be. There is something far more exciting at knowing Harry and Hermione are on the cusp of adulthood and discovering feelings they can now explore; without me feeling like a criminal for reading their exploits. And when the stories are set in later years they always tend to be AFTER Hogwarts, sometimes just after, other times many years in the future. Personally, I love the setting of Hogwarts. I daresay it's downright magical. It feels right to see these two connect at the place that felt like home to them, I want to imagine them sneaking kisses between the moving staircases, being sickeningly cute enough to make even the ghosts and house elves blush, to see the staff look upon them fondly and their friends roll their eyes at every romantic display, all while still taking classes and dining in the great hall.

So you have no idea how happy I was to discover a story that ticked all three of these boxes.

I read two of your other stories before Thresholds and found them well-written and engaging but will confirm that this if my favourite of your work by far. The characterisations are beautifully crafted, not just those of Harry and Hermione but of the supporting cast, too. Everyone in this story from Hagrid to Snape is done justice, even characters less familiar are crafted in a way that's wholly satisfying. I think the crowning jewel out of all these is Ron, a character you have shaped to your own means clearly, but all for the better. Gone is the surly, jealous, self-pitying third wheel that often presents himself in 99% of H/Hr fics - replaced by a hilarious, cheeky, lovable, straight-talking scamp of a friend who compliments Harry and Hermione perfectly. It made me wish he was more like that in the books, if I'm honest. Your prose is at times awe inspiring, envy inducing and other times laugh out loud hilarious, and though you often do write curious paragraphs that go on elaborate detours to describe simple things, I have come to appreciate it as part of the charm of your writing.

I really can't gush enough about this story. I've wanted to read something like this for years! That synopsis didn't inspire much hope in me as the thought of Harry and Hermione bed hopping could be silly and overly smutty put forth in the wrong hands. Colour me surprised, ecstatically so, when I discovered an intriguing story that was treated as seriously as any situation in the books. Also, equally delighted to read a Hermione who wasn't a blushing tomato from page one, instead taking Harry's flirtations in stride and acting like herself even when events became quite embarrassing for her later on. She always kept her curious mind, her dignity, and her own desires. I commend you on portraying Hermione as a fully rounded character, not just a girl besotted by her best friend. Harry was also a joy to read; not as self-deprecating as in most stories, but still prone to a temper and his frequent moodiness, yet clearly having matured and gained an outspokenness around Hermione that I didn't even question. In some of your other stories I found Harry and Hermione strangely out of character, saying things that no 14 year old would ever say with a vocabulary that even left me checking google for the meaning of certain words. Thankfully, here your impressive repertoire of words is restrained and you let the characters be themselves while unleashing it in the narration when necessary. My only criticism, if any, might be that some of the muggle-based pop culture references stuck out like sore thumbs in a Best Hand in Show competition. I felt these were just in-jokes or your own personal opinions tossed into the mix (the star wars stuff) and though not damaging to the overall story, they did feel a tad out of place. Not to say I don't love that you explored Harry and Hermione's muggleborn connection, because I do, and sometimes it worked wonderfully, fleshing out their relationship ever more. You also sometimes comment on aspects of the Harry Potter Universe in a way that is almost fourth wall breaking, but this is a fanfiction, not the next instalment in the series, and what is fanfiction if not a chance to explore and ask, 'yeah but isn't this kind of silly?' in a non-spiteful way. Which reminds me - the amount of Dumbledore/Weasley bashing fics that exist are astounding, and it is SO refreshing to read a H/Hr story where the sole purpose of it isn't to make out everyone else as the villain and Harry a precious angel while Hermione blushes and bats her eyes at him.

So to summarise this enormous review (only fair as it encompasses all ten chapters), I loved this bloody story. I'm so glad I found it and would happily read anything else you write about this fictional duo. Your characterisations are perfect and you delivered one of the most satisfying H/Hr stories I think I've ever read. Pretty sure this is my favourite one now. Yep. It's that damn good. My only request is you point me in the direction of any H/Hr stories you loved, with great characterisations, set around seventh year at Hogwarts. I'm certain you must know a few hidden gems I have yet to discover. If you fear I have become an addict for this pairing, well, you only have yourself to blame! Hope to read more like this in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Mike
redundantiwi chapter 10 . 1/6
This was a beautiful story. I read Favorite Things before this and I've simply fallen in love with your writing style and sense of humor. Excuse me while I proceed to devour your other stories with an almost alarming amount of enthusiasm.
Runadaemon chapter 7 . 1/6
You... have a flair for writing situations both compellingly sympathetic and hilariously improbable. I’ve been desperately trying not to laugh or wince my way through this story. I love your humor. Happy writing!
tyrannicpuppy chapter 10 . 12/29/2017
What a fantastic chapter to end such a beautiful story.

I got a little bogged down in the techno jargon at some points but the scenes between Harry and Hermione always managed to get me over it pretty quickly.

I really loved the scene where they just lay in bed finally getting the talk they'd both needed so badly for days. It was so very sweet.

And the boat ride was utterly perfect. Wouldn't change a thing about it.

I'm sorry I didn't review as I went along but I found myself so caught up in the narrative I couldn't bear to leave it long enough to leave anything of real substance.

A truly fantastic piece of fiction that I am sure I will revisit from time to time when I need a pick me up.
Laurentius Williame chapter 10 . 12/18/2017
I enjoyed your story. It was refreshing and creative as angsty romances go. Oh, and referring to your opening AN, I get your sense of humor.
Noacat chapter 10 . 11/1/2017
I've been in fandoms a very long time. this story is absolutely delightful.