Reviews for Lagniappe
Longing to Write chapter 14 . 7/1
Good luck in your endeavors. I do wish this story had gone on, but the time to end is the author's choice.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 6/23
I rather enjoyed this unique tale. Thank you for sharing you imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 6/23
He must sleep very hard if he had to have four alarms going off at the same time. That would've frightened the ever lovin' crap outta me. I liked that he suddenly remembered there was another person in his bed. Well, she sure wasn't in there once he remembered, just glad he did. Alice is fun. I really like her. There is only one chapter left but, I have a feeling that Itsy and her shooting may come into play. Should be interesting.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 6/23
I liked that they attempted to talk about it. They never really did get there but, it was a good effort. I really liked their I love you's. Those were really good. The way he got nervous and almost bashful, when asking her about what she'd said earlier. Very sweet. I also liked that she addressed the Dink/Edward thing. He hates being called Dink. She hates being called Bella and prefers Itsy. I wonder if she'll address that? I wonder if they'll have new nicknames by the time their four months at sea comes to a close.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 6/23
It is just awful that she was left so much in the dark. I can see Spud's reasoning behind him keeping the secret from them both but, is that enough to make him undermine her/them like that? I don't really know. He meant well. However, he knew how her life was before and how her maternal grandmother and her mother ran her life and never let her make her own decisions. Hiding this big of a thing from them both, could have been disastrous. It isn't, and there is no non-fraternization issue in affect. Still, it just seems so crunchy. Would it not have been better for Spud to tell her and let her freak out . . . then tell her everything he said to Dink on the phone in this chapter? I think that would have been the better way for him to handle it. At least it would've put Itsy in a better frame of mind.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 6/23
I rather like that she was angry about everyone knowing except Dink and herself. Especially learning what we did in this chapter. She was removed from a life she loved and forced to live a life she abhorred. All the time fake smiling and taking it. I find it angers me that Renee took the money and ran, not even leaving enough for the remainder of Bella's education. What a bitch. I really, really like that Dink can see right through what Itsy was up to and called her on it. When we first met Mac, I wondered if she knew of Jasper. I'm glad they do and that they seem smitten with one another.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 6/22
That was very sad. The way he said he was alone but, not lonely, hurt my heart. I can completely understand his reasons for running off for long bouts of time. After the life he's been dealt. Falling hard and fast for Renee and her eventually leaving. Taking his heart, in the form of Bella, with her. That had to be the roughest thing he had to go through. His lurking, yet not spending time with her, only hurts them both. I really liked that he was pleased with her falling in love with a man he knows is good and comes from a good family. Spud's story was quite interesting. I don't recall, did his sister die later on? Or, just never came back after their mom passed away?
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 6/22
Well, it seems that Mac is not happy about this. She's closed herself off to both of Itsy's questions. Dink sure seemed very happy about the turn of events. It's seemed happy and worried at the same time. Interesting.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 6/22
Aaaaaaaack! Everyone knew and never told her any of it. You could tell by that goodbye from everyone. Seems Edward was just as much out of the loop too. I hope is doesn't get pissed of for their worlds colliding. Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 6/22
It so happy, yet so sad at the same time. To know what they don't, keeps more happiness in there but, that's if they are heading to the same place. That's just a guess right now. It certainly feels as if they are headed that way. I was glad to read Laurent came out and relieved Tanya. That was refreshing. Normally, in other fics, they just keep hitting on Edward or Bella and no manager comes out. Worse yet, when it is really unwanted, they never write B or E calling a manager out to let them know how inappropriate the employee is being. I digress. I loved their first time, it was wonderful. Again, sad at the same time. Very well done.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 6/22
Awwww, he found her at the store. I like that she ran home and got cleaned up and pretty for him. Very cute. His, 'No past . . . no future . . . just now.", very well may bite him in the butt. Especially if there is any worry about this mysterious 'she' that is going to be there. If he is married, that will really suck. However, I don't think that Rose or Spud would encourage things, if he was. The mysterious 'she' may be an ex and that could get really crunchy on a boat for four months together.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 6/22
Well, it seems that Dink and Itsy may be headed to the very same place in a couple weeks time. However, his thought of a 'she' was not good. He's meeting up with a woman he clearly does not want to . . . and he seems to think there is a pimply faced kid coming along. Should be interesting. I liked that he hightailed it to his parents house, in hopes of seeing Itsy. What does Spud know that he is not telling Itsy? I'm thinking it is exactly what I just figured out. Well, it was laid out for me by you, in this chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 6/22
Oh interesting, he's got to leave around the same time she does. Sound like the three weeks will be intense. With a definitive end, maybe they won't get consumed? Doubtful, with the chemistry flying between them. And, all they've done it barely speak and had some intense kisses. That chemistry will explode once they hit the sheets. Or, in their case because of the intensity, they may only make it to the nearest wall.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 6/22
I liked what you wrote in this chapter about Rose still swooning when Emmett comes home. I have to say, it can really happen in real life. Twenty-seven plus years with my husband and that man still makes me swoon when he comes home from his day too. I like that they both have a mutual attraction to one another. Also, I can see where her being gone for four months will bring the 'hurt' to this lovely fic.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 6/22
Quite interesting. Definitely different. I like it so far. Intrigued.