Reviews for Trials of the Sea
UtilitarianShank chapter 9 . 8/5
Ah! The mentor is Rhea, isn't it?
April chapter 16 . 7/17
Your OCs are truly amazing and I really like the way you built up their characters and the way they became who they are now. I'm not sure why but next to Ariadne, my favorite would have to be Deianira. She's just a really interesting character.

I actually like the way you portrayed Zoe because I find it more realistic than the other versions of her when she just suddenly developed feelings for Percy. I haven't really been big fans of those stories related to Artemis and the hunt because I find the changes from hating Percy to loving him too bizzare. The way that Percy just follows their orders and seemingly have no mind or feelings of his own irks me, which is why I appreciate the fact that you added those quarrels between him and Zoe especially that moment in the previous chapter where his anger just exploded.

I also like the fact that Percy is confused and quite innocent when it came to his feelings of love and such. It makes him closer to the canon Percy that we all love and it also adds to support the fact that he is barely a teenager being just thirteen (if I got the age right).

The only thing I have to say (that I'm pretty sure the majority of your fans would agree with) is that I'm really looking forward to his "destiny" and won't mind if you speed it up a little bit :P

Keep up the good work!
LOL MAKE PERCY AND RHEA HUSBAN AND WIFE HALARIOUS
Yo Malcolm, how will your tactics win calture the flag if you can't even say a sentence correctly?! It isn't me and my siblings, it's my siblings and I!
I just wanted to mention that in the percy jackson universe Rhea has green eyes, not brown. I know it is a minor thing but it just bugged me a little bit.
Im gonna take a guess and say the mentor is Rhea, mother of the gods, because of the Lions. After all they are her sacred animal.
Collin Oshea chapter 25 . 1/11
Fantastic story, I enjoyed this story very much. Thanks for writing it.
Story.Lover.Jynger chapter 26 . 1/11
Now for my official review lol!But I feel as though I said most of what I wanted to say in the last review I left, like 2 hours ago hahaha! But your review count definitely deserves a boost. So I'm just typing this one in.
SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO CHECK REVIEWS BEFORE READING(like me!)
The ending to this story is perfect! Seriously! Prideful Athena takes the glory for herself and her children. Percy not returning to camp is also great, not only is he more or less officially an outcast, but so is his patron. All because of a paranoid Zues, who scared of thing that only might happen.
I know it probably feels as though I'm just repeating the story back to you, but this is my way of processing. I have to keep up with these crazy twists and turns somehow!

Can't wait to sink my teeth into the next book!
Story.Lover.Jynger chapter 17 . 1/10
Okaaay so this story is sooo awesome! ;) While reading your author's notes I am almost sad that Percy will not be going on his adventures, because of my love the original books, but then I totally am more excited that he gets new ones! Very well written new ones, I might add. Not because the story is just interesting, but because you have detail. When you withhold parts of the adventures or leave a loose end there is almost always a reason(just like many amazing books I have read). I really love that Grover didn't become a part of Percy's life, he was too much like R.R.'s Percy, this gives your Percy a huge chance at new friends. Also ironically less of a connection with Annabeth(thank you for no Percabeth). I really respect this story! If that makes sense, you've taken some canon main characters, pushed them to the sidelines and pulled some minors in for the spotlight. That's not even mentioning the OCs(I count a lot of the gods & titans as OCs, because even thought they technically aren't, we never really get to or just don't meet them in the orignal, so you get to create their personalities). Kinda sad I wasn't here with this story for the Clarisse pole, I love her character and would've loved to see her travel.

I've noticed you like having reviews so I'm going to make an effort to do one at least every couple of chapters as I steam ahead in this story. On to chapter 18!
iheartpickles chapter 13 . 12/23/2015
huh so Rhea is scheming with Tethys?
DarkSpyder25 chapter 24 . 11/10/2015
Who gives a care about word count? I appreciated the background on characters and their myths. You need to stop listening to negative reviewers and just tell them to shove off!
DarkSpyder25 chapter 23 . 11/10/2015
Well you have certainly dropped enough hints on who the legacy is. Also I hope Percy does not disregard Calypso and her feelings entirely, although I will get your reasoning if he does.

Again the plot has me riveted.
DarkSpyder25 chapter 19 . 11/10/2015
You know why the Percabeth fans dislike you and your story? Because they are envious that writer who is writing one hell of a story with an amazing plot is not one of them. They wish you wrote Percabeth because mostly all they have is fluff pieces, especially when compared to this great tale.

Sure I may slightly disagree with your viewpoints on some gods and heroes, but every myth can be interpreted a thousand ways. Heck I could argue that Calypso is a virgin if I wanted to. Homer stories in Ancient Greece weren't written down but told orally by Homer or whoever as they went town from town. Details were always altered and things exaggerated to captivate the audience. Myths and gods can be interpreted to fit the needs of the story, so go right on ahead.

Also I hope we see the the Athena kids get called out for the theft. Especially since the boat was a gift from Hephestaus, so they essentially stole from him.

Also I meant to say this back with Calypso, but I feel Calypso is the stronger of the two daughters of Atlas. Yes, Calypso seeks to love the men who was up on her island only to have her heart broken, but yet she still holds out hope to find love.

Zoe got her heartbroken once, and hid herself away with Artemis and those of like mind. Who is the stronger person, the once who tries once and quits, or the one who continually tries again no matter the hurt. So that is my 2 cents on that.

Don't get me wrong, Zoe is a fascinating character, but Calypso is is just as intriguing.
OriksGaming chapter 15 . 9/13/2015
I know that the Zoe in this story is more closely resembling canon than most fanfictions, but it's still annoying. At this point, even though I enjoy reading Percy and Zoe pairings, I find myself hoping that this isn't one of them. I don't want Percy ending up with this particular Zoe at all.
ASSASSINEZIO chapter 11 . 8/9/2015