Reviews for Bonfires at Midnight
James018 chapter 7 . 11/30/2014
Great story so far. It's very refreshing to read a story without the long list of clich├ęs you give on your profile... I hope you continue at some point.
Le Fay chapter 7 . 11/12/2014
Great chapter.
Harry Morgan Le Fay chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
Good start.
Kairan1979 chapter 7 . 11/3/2014
Interesting story so far.
Will there be last minute points for the attempt to save the 'Stone', like in canon?
I'm curious how Sirius is going to think about Ravenclaw, respecting Old Ways, non-prankster Harry Potter.
CMVreud chapter 7 . 10/26/2014
Different, but not unpleasant to read.
Hope you finish the story.
G Fawkes chapter 7 . 10/4/2014
Ok, so... as per profile update 2/25/14 (didn't check back until 10/4/14, today)

... alright, officially NOT waiting for any more "Root of All Evil"... and will argue that it WAS pretty cool ( and the re-write was going fine, too, but didn't get too far).
(come on... admit it, how many fics are brazen enough to have Harry go back and become the shag-object of Rowena Ravenclaw. Probably just got you 100 new readers, in one plug... for an abandoned fic!)
Laughing at the list of stuff no one should write... that's pretty much ALL of the (current count 8038) HP fanfics. I've read a couple over 500 fics (less than SOME people's FAVS list, I know), and I can't think of even one that doesn't include something on your list. I GUARANTEE that if I ever do post something here, it will have MORE than one or two items on your 'do not do this' list. Still, not a bad 'guide' to follow ("guidelines", kinda' like 'the Pirate Code').
I am a huge fan of the Daphne Greengrass character, but I like her as a brunette instead, and yes, this carries a pretty large amount of 'wish fulfillment', as mentioned. Hey, guess what, I prefer tall, hot, brunettes in REAL life... who-da' thunk it?! Why would I write about blonde girls getting all steamy with Harry, just for canon's sake?!
Just like - Ginny makes me want to BARF! I have no use for ANY fic that pairs Harry with Ginny. I don't care if it's the greatest fanfic EVER written, and the Pulitzer committee is trying to break it's own rules, and give their award to it, I AINT READIN' IT!
I do like the idea of physical exercise strengthening the magical core, and being able to 'work out' your core by 'exhausting' your magic and letting it build up. I also like the topic of 'back in the days before people had wands', like pre-Merlin ancient stuff, and if you train your 'accidental' outbursts, eventually you ARE doing 'wandless' magic, and you can expand that ability. I always thought that "the Greatest Wizard/Witch in the World" would NOT need a wand. I don't think that's ever going to devolve into twitching one's nose, like Sam on "Bewitched", but it can be 'mastered'. (when canon talks of 'the witch burnings of old' being a joke, because you can 'just' do a flame freezing charm, (and apparently apparate away?) Well... not if your hands are tied and your wand's in your pocket... duh!
so... not to go on and on and on... I hope I can maybe, some day, break a few of your rules, do them justice after all, and maybe NOT have you review 'my' stuff, to tell me how cliche' it is.
ThomasNealy chapter 6 . 9/5/2014
neither Holly nor Cherry have nuts. Both are fruit baring plants, the Holly having drupes and the Cherry having cherries fruit. A Cherry has a stone seed and a Holly drupes (a kind of berry) has small seeds in it up to ten.
ThomasNealy chapter 5 . 9/5/2014
Why has no one told Harry that Sirius is his godfather?
ThomasNealy chapter 3 . 9/5/2014
I can see the no killing vow becoming a problem later. and what does betraying his brothers and sisters mean. because fighting the death-eaters could be considered betraying them.