Reviews for My Girl Sarah
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 17 . 8/12
Hah! Cute ending. Nice extrapolations of all the characters into this era and genre, especially Sarah. The plot even managed to hold together reasonably well, MacGuffin and all. I really liked how Sarah took charge at the end and Chuck happily followed. Such a nice change to see the woman as the initiator, with so much of the agency! This was a fun read. Thanks for sharing it!
Zettel chapter 17 . 7/3
Great fun, clever use of the genre!
Spawn Hades chapter 17 . 2/9
Wow that was really goo. But Sarah's explanation for leaving was pretty stupid, why not just tell chuck she was his "Angel"? Or simply say that she loves him? Ehhhh... I don't know but it doesn't really matter cos it was an amazing story overall.
baldcoder chapter 17 . 9/24/2016
Great story. I don't know how I missed this before now. I really enjoyed it.
ne71 chapter 17 . 3/5/2016
Fantastic. Can't believe it took me this long to find this story, but saving it until now was like finding a Cadbury Egg in January.

Great integration of so many different moving pieces from the show into a terrific story. The characters are all very familiar, but with little teaks here and there to fit the time and setting. Carina putting Colt's hat on was a perfect example.

Great angle on the love story. All of your versions of Sarah are always so good, and this one is no exception. I like how matter-of-fact she is about getting married. It suits her well here.

As always, thanks for writing.

Nick
ne71 chapter 14 . 3/5/2016
So, I've been plowing (heh) right through this story, enjoying it too much to even stop and review. "I'll review next chapter- can't take the time right now when the next chapter is waiting to be read. Oh, man, that was another good one. I'll review the next one, promise."

And then I got to this one.

This one... THIS one was too damn good to pass up reviewing. I really loved the description of what it was like for Sarah to come out of the OSS and have to live not just a regular life, but the life of a woman in the mid-1940's. It was completely believable that she'd seek out ways to recapture the importance she felt during the war.

And then, of course, there's this:

"Sarah, are you saying you have feelings for me?"
"No," Sarah said. She scowled and folded her arms over her chest, giving me a stern look. "I have feelings for some other handsome detective I've been saving repeatedly from getting his face punched in by Chicago's most notorious low-lifes."
"Now, hold on—" I drew back. Amazingly, only one thought flitted to the surface. My hand went unconsciously to my tie, tidying up the knot. "You really think I'm handsome?"
Sarah spread her hands wide to give me the most exasperated look I'd ever received from a woman.

I'd been feeling echoes of "Fates" Sarah throughout the whole story, with her comments about Chuck's obliviousness, but that mental image of her spreading her arms out with that exasperated look felt like coming home to an old friend. You took an interesting approach to Sarah in this story, showing her sparingly while making her a real presence, and here is where it really pays off. And the kiss was a great moment, especially when Chuck describes it as the high point of his existence.

Small detail, but Sarah having a cat that Chuck knew nothing about seems completely perfect here.

Chuck being frightened, then intrigued by Sarah's predatory advance on the Bishops's man, then feeling like there was something wrong with him, was also perfect. 1949 Adorable Psycho. Yes please and thank you very much.

I don't know if I'll review again before the end, because I'm already craving the next chapter, so please know that I'm enjoying this immensely. Thank you for writing it.

Nick
Lonny J chapter 17 . 11/21/2015
Marvelous. Worthy of JD McDonald, Dash Hammett, or even my very favorite, Raymond Chandler. And I totally binged this on a Saturday afternoon/evening. And I have sadly reached the end of Frea's Chuck fandom. I can only hope she will one day return to "Spies and Nerds" and "Curtain Call". She knows how I feel about "Fates". OK Frea you can rant at me, I am old enough to have been dressed down by people far angrier and more vicious than you. I don't think, much as I love her, that I will venture into her other fandoms. Next is the "Anonymous" pair and quistie's SOM behemoth. Thak you both for the hours of entertainment joy and for helping me get back to my first love, reading.
Lonny J chapter 13 . 11/21/2015
OK, did not see that one coming. Should have, but didn't.
Lonny J chapter 12 . 11/21/2015
Well I WAS right, though I didn't voice my opinion. Its the only twist that was though. Great stuff.
Lonny J chapter 8 . 11/21/2015
Sorry, he really doesn't know? He is dense.
Lonny J chapter 6 . 11/21/2015
Sigh. Chuck is always so dense and Sarah so unforgiving. Ladies, those of us even slightly of the nerd persuasion find women to be unfathomable. A mystery wrapped in an enigma. We require all your patience and understanding and then some.
Lonny J chapter 2 . 11/21/2015
Sultrying, really? God help me and Webster forgive me, I love it!
Lonny J chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
Off to a solid start. I am a big noir fan, I'm looking forward to more.
Maverick41 chapter 17 . 2/6/2015
Wow I sincerely apologize for, A) taking so damn long to read this story, and B) not reviewing every chapter. You guys did a wonderful job and this story really drew me in to the point where i just read the whole thing as fast as I could just 'cause I wanted more! You both are wonderful writers, and I loved what you did with the characters. I have to say, as odd as it sounds, Jill might have been one of my favorite characters in this fic. I feel really bad for her, but I'm glad Chuck let her go.

Hope both of you continue writing Chuck fics...And Arrow for good measure 'cause I love that show as well!
GalacticaCAG chapter 17 . 1/29/2015
A really killer (I know...) story: I was enthralled start to finish. I know if took the two of you a lot of time and collaboration to write, but the results are very much worth it. Thanks for the fun read!
-The CAG