Reviews for My Girl Sarah
DarkSpyder25 chapter 17 . 1/20
Really awesome period piece. I really enjoyed how you used mostly characters from the series, the lingo, and historical references in your story. You two are really good and creative writers, probably the best in this fandom.
warfolomei chapter 17 . 11/4/2013
Thank you for writing this.
garnetflint chapter 17 . 10/31/2013
Wow. Nice feel for the "50's" Chicago (yes I know it was 1949 but close enough) and Chuck and Sarah's relationship. The Omega machine is a nice touch, and I hope people will take time to look up the exploits of William Donovan (and Bill Stephenson more or less his Canadian/British counterpart) during WW II. Ian Flemming was reported to have created a character from Bill and others he worked with, and I don't believe it was "Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang" but a rather more well known British spy.

I hope that this isn't your only collaboration as, Fea and Max, you have created some great work here. I wish you all the best in your future writing-together or apart!
wilf21 chapter 17 . 10/26/2013
Very neat ending to a great story. I must say I wasn't keen initially on such a divergent AU, but I really did enjoy this all the way through. So thank you, until the next one!
wilf21 chapter 16 . 10/26/2013
A really exciting chapter. And so many calls back to the series. Especially lettin Joll go and who could not have enjoyed "that would be unprofessional"
wilf21 chapter 15 . 10/26/2013
This was a very enjoyable chapter
JLJMc chapter 17 . 10/25/2013
Awww! Round of applause! :) I just love creative AUs with the character traits still there! Thanks for entertaining us with this great story! You mentioned dragons - next story a Chuck fairy tale?! ;)
phnxgrl chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
great ending I loved it! Kudos on a Real Thin Man type story!
uplink2 chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
This was a really great story. I've enjoyed it quite a bit. It was well written and had your usual humor along with the drama and romance. Well done

I hope we do get to see you both around sometime soon again.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
All's well that ends well...except Carina has one half of what I've long presumed is a dieselpunk version of the Intersect's main system. Though I guess if it uses an early intergrated circuit microchip, I guess it's not very dieselpunk any more!

;P

Brilliant piece of writing, you two! Loved this story start to finish, especially the Casey vs. Chuck showdown over Casey offing Karpazzo to ensure he couldn't escape justice again. Felt right, what with Chuck being shocked and disgusted over Casey shooting a man in cold blood...but Casey was right: Chicago needs both kinds of protectors to ensure justice is done. Have to wonder if more adventures are to come...I hope so!
resaw chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
Well done! Thank you for a great story.

I appreciated the conversation between Chuck and Casey over The Bishop's death. I often think that a story with death in it, especially a spy story, or something similar, glides over the violent death of a person too easily, without considering the moral consequences, not just concerning the fact of someone's death, but also considering the impact on the people involved. This is, of course, very much like the Mauser story in the TV series, but I think that Chuck, no matter the universe he inhabits, seems to raise those moral dilemmas more than the characters who are hardened to it by years of exposure to the realm of kill or be killed. I'm probably getting too carried away with this theme, but considering all the soldiers who come back with PTSD, this is a theme that deserves exploration. Thank you for not glossing over it.

In other news... The Orange Orange! Hah! Nice.

And finally, the lamp! Twitter finally makes some sense.

I've got to mention Bryce's letter. That clears up the connection, and also once again seems to rehabilitate Larkin as actually having been a stand-up guy. And what you know... Chuck actually got paid for this job!

Sarah is nothing if not assertive, and Chuck is apparently nothing if not obtuse. Essentially Sarah proposes, and it of course, takes a few beats before Chuck catches on, but it was a heartwarming conclusion.

Frea, MXPW, thank you for a very enjoyable story. It had drama, romance, thrills, and a sly with about it that often put a smile on my face. Thanks!
bluezebra4 chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
amazing story, through and through
Chuckfanster chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
Nice ending to a good story. I would have liked your ending more if you would have had Chuck "man up" and ask Sarah to marry him, especially after he found out that he wasn't broke any more with the reward. Thank you for writing this story and I hope you keep on writing.
N7sdr93 chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
Thank you both for writing this awesome story! It was a creative take on Chuck and the gang, and was full of everything you could want in a chuck fic.
mikesul chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
Such an amazing story. You two are just such wonderful writers. Both of you have crazy talent for this story telling business. I sincerely hope to see you two around here in the future.

Mike.