Reviews for The Last
Lord of the Disc chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
Amazing story so far! Really enjoyed the various references toward Norse mythology. I've always been interested in Norse myths (and Vikings) and have read a version of the Prose Edda, so those references make me smile. I also like the more realistic take on the "no-kill" policy.

Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter!
lord Martiya chapter 21 . 2/25/2014
A fight between Galactus and Darkseid has been done, and Galactus won handily... Only to notice that Apokolips would not feed him and ask Darkseid WHY he tried (and failed) to defend it when he knew it and that Galactus would leave on his own.
Aside for that, I think that, in spite of the average power level being on DC's advantage, Marvel HAS some guys who could fight Darkseid on the same level: the Celestials, Thanos, Doctor Doom, or an half-royally pissed Hulk. Plus two who could CRUSH him: a royally pissed Hulk (in the incident he was at the most furious he nearly broke a continent by stomping. I don't think Darkseid can survive a punch from that), or Magneto going all-out (the Master of Magnetism thing doesn't mean just to levitate metallic things: he knows it well enough to be practically undefeatable). Why do I think that Magneto and Bruce Banner have been murdered in their sleep before Darkseid invaded?
Now, a little question about the Bat-future: with the Jokerz and Ellen Yindel showing up, will we see Terry McGinnis and Carrie Kelly around too?
The Durdens Wrath chapter 21 . 2/20/2014
I would agree about Darkseid with the exception of the Hulk, Silver Surfer, Apocalypse, or The Phoenix.
Sano Hibiki chapter 21 . 2/20/2014
I just recently find your story… and it’s incredible story.
Perfect blend of “real world” approach and most famous DC stories, adult themes and characters executed perfectly. There many books which much worse than what you wrote so far.
Fact that I support SM/WW couple doesn’t hurt either. ;)
According to Pre-52 continuity, blue sun makes Kryptonians even stronger than yellow sun.
To tell the truth, I always thought that Darkseid on Thanos level, with Galactus being even out of his league (at least in direct confrontation).
Guest chapter 21 . 2/19/2014
Yes according to Screwattack's research for the Death Battle between Superman and Goku, Kryptonians are even more powerful under a Blue Sun. And damn do you like to put your verses through hell. Very Whedon of you. ;)
Guest chapter 21 . 2/19/2014
Awesome update...just wow!
phyrephly chapter 21 . 2/19/2014
A nightmare,...but an interesting one. An over-reaching theme to this is the hoary old "time waits for no [hero] man..." No mention of Kal or Diana in their present circumstance/s gives pause. :0 . Not much to lolol at, on this one, but riveting reading, as always...U/S. PS you're the driver here, you can do what you like to the Amazons with impunity. lololol (ya gotta know I'd sneak one in ;} )
jwill21 chapter 21 . 2/19/2014
Wouldn't a blue sun make Kryptonians even STRONGER?
RollingUpHigh chapter 21 . 2/19/2014
Well this is interesting. Loved Thor and Sif from the last chapter, but frankly I'm more concerned about the Amazons and magic users. Why made Constantine so different from Zatanna and Fate?
Kuroji chapter 20 . 2/12/2014
This is a rather interesting story, and I'm finding it quite enjoyable. And as far as the last chapter here, well... Diana can pick up Mjolnir, not a surprise because she's a warrior and not just a hero. Superman being able to... now that has implications. If memory serves he couldn't lift it in certain settings because he isn't willing to kill, but as I've seen in this story, he doesn't cross that line because he's not judge, jury and executioner. But frankly I'm hoping he has a shot at Darkseid and takes it. Or at least only passes it up because someone else is standing there ready to administer justice. After all, this is Asgard, and their warriors are no stranger to such either.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/11/2014
enjoyable chapter
electric2book chapter 20 . 2/11/2014
Epicness! Hope you expound on what happens during their battles.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/11/2014
Wow, awesome, can't wait for more!1
Fleightfire chapter 20 . 2/11/2014
I really enjoy what you are doing with this story, keep it up
phyrephly chapter 20 . 2/10/2014
...only 10 to go, awwwahh. I know R/L really sucks sometimes, and gets in the way of a really good yarn. Hope things start looking up for you soon. BTW, love this one, sumthin shocking. ;) Can't wait to see how you'll treat Asgard...;}
393 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »