Reviews for The Last
deathangel3188 chapter 22 . 2/26/2014
I love the way you combine DC nu52, Norse Mythology and Pre-nu52 DC verse. This story ius rapidly becoming one of the best on this forum :) Thank you for writing
Guest chapter 22 . 2/26/2014
Wow, love the udpate. Love this fic! More soon please!
Sano Hibiki chapter 22 . 2/26/2014
This is war. Your are killing because there people to protect, your loved ones. Sometimes killing justified IMO. Besides, parademons aren’t really alive, Superman killed them in comics several times before without any moral problems.
Your language, your characterization, how you describe their feeling… Sir, this is beyond awesome.
lord Martiya chapter 22 . 2/26/2014
As far I know, the no killing rule for Superman is a simple matter of him not putting himself above the law: he can defend himself and apprehend crooks without killing them, and so he does. If a jury called him to execute a metahuman they can't otherwise kill, he'd just make sure he was sentenced in a fair trial and according to the law before applying the sentence. And in a war with creatures like these... In a war he'd exterminate them, even without all the bad blood he has with them.
Superman is not Batman, who IS crazy and needs the no killing and no guns rules to not become an out-of-control psycho (even if in this story he appears to have become sane enough that he could possibly do it. Even if it's improbable he'll actually do it...).
And about those silly names... I like to imagine they got them from a drunken Darkseid, and they actually hate them. Aside for Granny Goodness, her sense of humour is twisted like that.
666Peaches101 chapter 22 . 2/26/2014
Oh um... lets see. That is very clever of you mixing comic and classic mythology together. However its fine. Besides, Diana is excepting, I could see clearly it can go both ways tragically and I know you can guess what I mean by that. Its not the best time to anticipating a life when there is a war. But its up to you and its your story, you write as characters come to life. I'm just express my opinion. I just reading it and love every sentences of it. :)
mykalg88 chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
I love every word of this tale. Never stop.
Could use more captain marvel though.
Darksnider05 chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
Hey! I happen to like Big Barda it's very descriptive of her. Her mother's name is all kind's of messed up though it's like Big Breeda or something with all the double meaning.
phyrephly chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
I thought so...Interesting ... development, that last one; obviously, things will change... As to the names re Apokolips et al, it's another 'verse, ain't it? Excellent reading. ;) (gotta say tho', I do miss the old Kal/Clark, but that's nothing really to do with this epic. *sigh* Progress? ... some would argue with that ...;? ).
jwill21 chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
This is one of my favorite chapters. It was amazing. I like this colder, harder, Superman who will kill in extreme circumstances such as war to protect the innocents. The "no killing" code can get extremely annoying and out of place in certain situations. I would love for this version of him to be adapted into the canon comics. Also, are Bruce and Lois really dead? Or is it just centuries in Asgard are only a few years in our world. And I hope Luthor really gets what's coming to him and that Superwoman gets her vengeance. I could never stand him.
McCabeRz chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
Great chapter, got a bad feeling in my stomach with this new revelation but I'm sure you won't disappoint either way.

I agree with your choice on Kal's killing morals, most times killing is necessary, especially in war, in fact in this world if we have a problem the first thing that comes to mind IS killing.

So I've always been confused when people think that if Superman killed someone because of necessity rather than battle-lust, that he would just go on an all killing-rampage instead of only using killing as a last resort, seems like a blasphemous topic to bring up even though he's killed in the past, and was originally made to inspire hope and was later used against the Germans.
Lord of the Disc chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
Amazing story so far! Really enjoyed the various references toward Norse mythology. I've always been interested in Norse myths (and Vikings) and have read a version of the Prose Edda, so those references make me smile. I also like the more realistic take on the "no-kill" policy.

Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter!
lord Martiya chapter 21 . 2/25/2014
A fight between Galactus and Darkseid has been done, and Galactus won handily... Only to notice that Apokolips would not feed him and ask Darkseid WHY he tried (and failed) to defend it when he knew it and that Galactus would leave on his own.
Aside for that, I think that, in spite of the average power level being on DC's advantage, Marvel HAS some guys who could fight Darkseid on the same level: the Celestials, Thanos, Doctor Doom, or an half-royally pissed Hulk. Plus two who could CRUSH him: a royally pissed Hulk (in the incident he was at the most furious he nearly broke a continent by stomping. I don't think Darkseid can survive a punch from that), or Magneto going all-out (the Master of Magnetism thing doesn't mean just to levitate metallic things: he knows it well enough to be practically undefeatable). Why do I think that Magneto and Bruce Banner have been murdered in their sleep before Darkseid invaded?
Now, a little question about the Bat-future: with the Jokerz and Ellen Yindel showing up, will we see Terry McGinnis and Carrie Kelly around too?
The Durdens Wrath chapter 21 . 2/20/2014
I would agree about Darkseid with the exception of the Hulk, Silver Surfer, Apocalypse, or The Phoenix.
Sano Hibiki chapter 21 . 2/20/2014
I just recently find your story… and it’s incredible story.
Perfect blend of “real world” approach and most famous DC stories, adult themes and characters executed perfectly. There many books which much worse than what you wrote so far.
Fact that I support SM/WW couple doesn’t hurt either. ;)
According to Pre-52 continuity, blue sun makes Kryptonians even stronger than yellow sun.
To tell the truth, I always thought that Darkseid on Thanos level, with Galactus being even out of his league (at least in direct confrontation).
Guest chapter 21 . 2/19/2014
Yes according to Screwattack's research for the Death Battle between Superman and Goku, Kryptonians are even more powerful under a Blue Sun. And damn do you like to put your verses through hell. Very Whedon of you. ;)
403 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »