Reviews for The Ninth Circle
lulu2613 chapter 15 . 12/23/2017
Now that's just idiotic and selfish
lulu2613 chapter 14 . 12/23/2017
Reporters always say the people have a right to know but what the real reason they publish articles is to win an award.
lulu2613 chapter 13 . 12/23/2017
Mr. Freeze's "Face fate" reminds me so much of Green Arrow's "You have failed this city".
lulu2613 chapter 3 . 12/22/2017
Mason wasn't lying though.
lulu2613 chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Ahhh he does know how to make it entrance. You writing in amazing detail.
seanbester1 chapter 25 . 12/6/2017
Alright, finished! I really like a lot of the ways you've chosen to warp the Batman mythology to make it your own. The main route of the tale really ties together well, but unfortunately, a lot of subplots seemed to go nowhere (ex. I still don't understand why Julie was of any importance to this story at all or why she was included, or why we read so much about the bad cops when their deaths were so easy to predict). I do hope the sequels will be a bit more focused, which I definitely do plan to continue reading after a short break.

7/10
seanbester1 chapter 22 . 12/1/2017
Good to see some real action going on. I find Batman's lack of planning a little discomforting, but that seems to be kind of the norm in most of his origin stories. Hoping for a solid finish!
seanbester1 chapter 20 . 11/22/2017
Things are definitely building to a close.
seanbester1 chapter 16 . 11/17/2017
Lots of good stuff going on here. I feel as though any Batman story's potential is dependent upon the mix of enemies being used. His rogue gallery is simply the best there is. I really like the ones being utilized in this story. Falcone and Maroni have become *musts* for any Batman origins tale, so I'm glad they were used for this one as well. Firefly was also a great addition as kind of a warm up, and I really liked the way he was portrayed here. I know eventually this series goes a different direction to include super powers with the Justice League, but I'm really digging the grounded, realistic portrayals for this one. Mr. Freeze is an interesting choice for the main villain, and it was a good idea to hold off on his intro for the first arc of the story. I'm curious to see where things go with Clayface and whether he shows up in this one or the sequel. On the downside of these chapters, I always hate when Batman reveals his identity to a bunch of people, and doing so to Lois definitely seems like a dumb move on his part.
seanbester1 chapter 12 . 11/14/2017
The meeting between Batman and Gordon was pretty well done, and by far one of the more convincing dialogues yet. Interesting that Gordon is already divorced, so that ticks one of the boxes off for more background on these versions of the characters. I am also liking your interpretation and dialogue for Bullock and his scenes. Weighing positives with the negatives, the biggest detracting element I'm seeing right now is the women and how they're portrayed. Julie pining over an obvious self-centered a$$, Lois and Vicky being catty for cattiness' sake. I suppose Veronica was always a one-dimensional character written from a very sexist POV, but they're *all* fitting the stereotypical mold here. I know, women are difficult to write if you aren't one, but it all comes down to understanding the stereotypes and doing your best to stray from them.
seanbester1 chapter 8 . 11/14/2017
Some decent progression here. I am liking more and more the focus on other characters rather than having it all coming from Batman's perspective. It's definitely making him out to be more menacing in the eyes of his enemies and eventual allies. Some things I am looking forward to seeing in future chapters would be: (1) A focus on Batman's arsenal of weapons and equipment, leading to (2) some more hints as to *when* this story takes place (90's? 00's? present day?). (3) More backstory for the rest of the cast. It's cool that so many well known and even some lesser known characters have been introduced, but it'd be nice to gain more insight into how this universe has molded the better known ones (especially Gordon).
seanbester1 chapter 4 . 11/10/2017
I've been looking for a long series of Batman stories for a while, and it looks like I've found one.

Some interesting ideas so far, and it's clear you know the universe well. I can't help but wonder how much it would be improved if you gave it the old *four years later revisit/edit*, as there are some spelling errors and grammatically awkward lines here and there. It hasn't been bad enough to detract from the overall story, however.

On that end, one thing I really find interesting is that so far is that you've chosen to focus the narratives from the points of view of Julie in the Bruce scenes. Whether that was to build the mystery around him or if there's a particular reason it's building towards, I'm not yet sure, but it definitely had me thinking ahead. I look forward to continuing.
moneygreen932 chapter 25 . 4/6/2016
A Great start to this series of Batman stories.. it was well written in both the grammatical sense and in plot too. Things progressed at a very even pace and everything was very believable.. The plot development and the dialogue was very refreshing too.. Surprised that the Favs and follows are so low for this is a great story but I hope that they will pick up.. I for certain am looking forward to reading the rest of this series and can't wait to get started on the next one..

(sorry had to repost as it signed me out as I was posting this and I didn't want to post as a guest)
Guest chapter 25 . 4/6/2016
Voltage2016 chapter 25 . 2/17/2016
This is a truly perfect way of retelling a story known to so many already. It adds the gripping reality to a piece of lore that has previously seemed larger-than-life, putting the reader right in the heart of every character involved. This is a fantastic piece of work, and I cannot wait to see more.