Reviews for Journey to Babel
0.0-MIDNIGHTROSE-0.0 chapter 8 . 4/5
Absolutely love your stories! The differences, yet similar plot lines keeps me on my toes. Can't wait to see how long she was dead this time and what she remembers. More importantly, I can't wait for Khan's return and what he has planned for Jim. Update soon!
Owlkin chapter 4 . 2/11
I think I read this once every other month now . . . like a favorite book. I hope you still have plans to pick it up sometime. I went to your livejournal site hoping that there might be some updates hiding there, and saw your plans for future stories. I saw the pic of baby Connor and that pretty much solidified the series place on my awesome list.
isam363 chapter 1 . 2/3
Ive been having a slight panic attack thinking that you where abandoning your stories but hearing of an update gave me the hope that you will continue the series. I don't even remember how many time Ive re-read this series but it never gets old. I just love the relationship between Spock and Kirk. The way they don't automatically get together and have a happy ending, it just makes it seem more believable. The way this series is portrayed makes it seem like a real life storyline, except of course for all the aliens and future technology lol. Im basically in love with this series and most of the other fanfics you have on your profile.
NotMyNameAnyway chapter 8 . 1/27
I love everything you write and i can not wait to find out what else you have in store for the future!
elladora lestrange chapter 8 . 1/10
I really enjoy this story. I'm so glad I have discovered it and I hope you will update soon. It's nice to see people so accepting of their relationship ( perhaps you can show a scene where people are not so accepting. Perhaps the Vulcans?).
fer chapter 8 . 12/11/2014
Cool
Updated soon
T'Preea chapter 8 . 12/3/2014
If you would please finish this amazing story I will love you forever! I can even bake you cookies!
emo steve chapter 8 . 12/1/2014
oh my god. don't leave me hanging. I MUst KNow What Happens NExT!
dragonsheart8261920 chapter 8 . 11/6/2014
You read Harry Potter don't you? "Greet Death like an old friend" I'm loving this, I'm pretty sure this is the third time that I've reread the entire series. I loved the slow build of Spirk. That poor Janice Rand is a boy that is vastly amusing, I always thought the beehive was amusing though. All the people from The Original Series. You are a very good writer. Everything is so thought out. Q amuses me what a strange being he is. I love that Sarek and T'Pau adopted us. I hope you have time and the inclination to write more, I look forward to it.
Strawberry White Tiger chapter 8 . 10/12/2014
Love this story :) hope to see a new chapter soon x
Half Of A Whole chapter 8 . 9/17/2014
Hi,

I left the same review on Livejournal under Anonymous because I'm not sure which account you check most often, so I posted it in both places.
Firstly, I do hope that you continue with this series. This is my second time reading after about a year or two (so I have had some catching up to do!). I had forgotten what a joy this is to read, I'm so glad to have rediscovered your work.
I can't help but notice that you haven't updated since February. You have put so much work into this and I think it would be a terrible shame to abandon it. However, you have mentioned depression and hospitalisation in your author's notes, and although I don't know you or your situation, I hope with all my heart that you are okay. If you have any problems please make those your first priority. If you are having trouble with motivation then I can only hope that this review will help!

Ok, so down to the actual review, let's start with the praise first!
- I absolutely love your characterisations. You have a real understanding of your characters and write them so perfectly. I've honestly never come across better written characters in a fanfiction (and, to be quite honest, you do much better than a lot of published works). My personal favourites are Jim (of course), Spock, Bones and Chapel. I don't know how you do it but each person has such a distinct personality. Your characters grow as people and even minor characters have their own little story lines. I also love that you make an effort to diversify your characters.
- Your stories make me genuinely laugh and cry, it's a little embarrassing for me sometimes because I often end up grinning like a fool! Jim is so, so funny. One of my favourite moments is when she tries to cram the strawberry pastries into her mouth before Spock can see. This is just one example of many. I just can't express how much I love reading your work.
- I don't usually like gushing over people on the internet but for you I'm willing to make an exception. Your writing is brilliant, if this is your ambition in life then I am sure you will succeed. And if not, then I'm sure you'll have a career to fall back on! Your writing is engaging and flowing, never boring or stilted. It really is a pleasure to read.
- The romance between Kirk and Spock is realistic and enthralling. I love how you didn't just speed though it, from them hating each other to them banging all over the Enterprise. You let them grow and learn to understand each other.
- I'm not sure what else to say except I absolutely love your writing style, characters and rhythm. There is absolutely no fault there. Every character is so well written and I can't wait to find out what you have in store for them all!

So now the constructive criticism.
- The only fault I can find in your work is that you sometimes have problems with apostrophes and homophones (words that sounds the same but have different meanings or spellings e.g. fowl/foul). It is really a minor fault that would be fixed by proof reading or a beta. If you ever need one, well, I'd be very happy to volunteer.
- Sometimes there is a letter or a space missing from a word, this can easily be fixed by proofreading.
- You occasionally confuse your/you're. I think that your usage has improved lately (I blitzed though all of the series in a few days so it's all blending together!) however sometimes they are used in the wrong way. Just a tip
you're you are e.g. You're a good writer. You're happy.
your possessive e.g. Your pen. Your heart. Your mother.
- The same also happens with apostrophes being used in the wrong places, not always but sometimes. Basically there are two uses which are
contractions e.g. It's (it is), You're (you are), Don't (do not).
possessive e.g. Jane's dog. Jack's hand.
Here is a handy link which explains it all in more detail (there are a few exceptions to the rules as always, because language just likes to be difficult sometimes!). .
- Lastly is the the confusion with homophones. Easily fixed! If you are unsure about which word to use then definitely consult a dictionary, if you type the word into google followed by define then it will give you a definition. Just be careful around words like there/their/they're and affect/effect. Here is a useful list .

So, to sum up - Your writing is fantastic, please continue with this series, it would be such a loss if you didn't. The only issues are minor grammatical problems which are easily fixed by some proofreading. I hope this is helpful for you and perhaps for your motivation as well! If you would like me to proofread for you then I would be more than happy to help. I hope you are well.

All the best,

Charlotte
delete-account-please 5424271 chapter 8 . 9/4/2014
Really would like to see what is going to happen so please update this splendid story.
xBBx chapter 8 . 9/4/2014
Excellent series you have going. I truly, TRULY hope it is not abandoned since it's been many months since you've last updated. Usually if that's the case, I read a few chapters to see if it is interesting enough then follow without reading more so I won't be disappointed. I really wanted to with this story but it kept me so enraptured that I couldn't - as they say - "put it down".
It is completely unique, in-depth and intellectual with good, multifaceted characterisations and a strong, believable plot. I'll be severely disappointed if there is no more to come.
I hope you manage to get over your writer's slump or any depression you seemed to be captive beneath and continue writing. This is a very worthwhile story and you have a fantastic imagination.
Cheer up Charlie :) :)
B
DusksDarkness chapter 8 . 8/26/2014
I love your writing! This is one of my favourite stories. I read it originally on AO3 and panicked when I went looking for it the other day only to see it had been deleted. I was really glad to find you on fanfiction. Thank you for the wonderful story!
delete-account-please 5237847 chapter 8 . 8/24/2014
Fantastic story really like so far can’t wait to see it update to know what is going to happen.