Reviews for Trial through Fire
Lepidolite Mica chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
So... what happened to this story? I'm quite interested in it so far, but it's been over a year and there's only one chapter. It's amazingly well-written, but unfinished, which for a LEGO enthusiast like me is exceedingly irritating. Let's get some more action!
Species Unknown chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Heheheheh. newbie to the world o Redwall eh? well, congrats! i'm a "seasoned reader" with reading the whole series AT LEAST twice under my belt. and...nice story too. i'll enjoy reading this. also, Pearls of Lutra is set after Mattimeo...in fact, a good idea would be to look up the Redwall books in chronological order, that'll help settle it out.
raven bunina chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
Lots of people disagree about the whole "woodlander good/vermin bad" ordeal, and you'll actually find many fics with good vermin in them. But thank goodness you're not making the nameless fox an instant goody-gumdrop. I was a little worried when I read, "there is one thing I don't like about it: the fact that species determines whether a creature is good or evil", but you've gone off and made the nameless vixen lack manners and think "evil" thoughts, if you will (which is a good thing, mind you).

Just one thing though: Your nameless fox cub speaks, thinks, and acts (at times) more like a juvenile or adult fox, definitely not like a little kid. You might want to work on making Grimfang's youngest daughter sound more like a fox cub and less like a juvenile vixen. I think what really threw me off of her age was the fact that you called her "pretty" in the beginning of the chapter. Nobody pictures a young fox cub when they hear the character being described as "pretty". Just by using that word you made me assume she was a young adult.

Cybug