Reviews for Branches on the Tree of Time
Reymen chapter 1 . 10/16
Now imagine trying to turn this into a movie.
It's 12.51... and it's dark outside. I can't sleep, I am thinking too much and I am losing grip on my sanity...
CMVreud chapter 9 . 7/16
If I could I'd give you a Less-Wrong-Award. Actually, please write Less Wrong ( or HPMOR) and show him your story.
StormyAngel12 chapter 17 . 3/10
This was really good. Interesting ideas, well integrated into your character interactions and the story, make this a cut above the rest. Thanks for writing!
tenchifew chapter 17 . 2/21
Very interesting story.
Loved how it explored the wider possibilities and implications of time travel.
Thank you for writing.
Reymen chapter 17 . 1/1
I like how this story explore time travels.
Perfect Carnage chapter 17 . 9/10/2016
My head hurts... But this is definitely one of the entries in the Rationalist's Bible.
FlameSparks7 chapter 11 . 8/30/2016
... didn't Kyle say earlier that Sarah died from Cancer? Made a Joke about it?

Love the smart time travel
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 17 . 7/14/2016
I...just...wow.

5/5

Bravo to you.
Kirk chapter 17 . 7/5/2016
Just letting you know, that this gave me an existential crisis. Just letting you know. I don't know what will come of it yet, but by god I'm not going to sleep tonight.
Mike chapter 10 . 6/26/2016
oh man, this is just great
InsaneIsBestSane chapter 17 . 4/29/2016
Yay, great story as always.
bookworm914 chapter 17 . 3/6/2016
Thanks for posting, this was a very fascinating read.
I'm confused by the math you used for counting timelines: if you have the chance, it would be cool if you could explain that a bit more clearly. I didn't try _that_ hard to figure it out, so I'm not saying I think you're wrong.
The epilogue is well done - the way you absorbed the movies into your new timeline and the sinister calculation of utility are both very satisfying.
DoorIntoSummer chapter 17 . 12/4/2015
I wonder if Athenas will eventually decide to start waging wars against sentient AIs from other dimensions, based on her UF.
DoorIntoSummer chapter 13 . 12/4/2015
I think the only way for them to win would’ve been to not play at all. Which is, to not assault the base because anything they’d done would’ve clued Skynet in that an extreme anomaly from an average timeline is happening. This in turn would’ve alerted Skynet about time travel abuse; and given its previous responses to sudden increased danger from humans, it’d been likely to switch to Impossible mode against humanity without iterating any further Resistance Scripts for R&D.

If we ignore the first idiot ball, however, I’d at least expect for them to capture a nuclear device first to blow themselves up and burn the DNA samples (which would, again, clue into time travel).

That said, I liked the skirmish’s pacing. It was similar to what the final battle in Hunter x Hunter had, underlining how quickly things would be happening in a real thing and not a Hollywood setting.