Reviews for Enslaved
The Cat chapter 23 . 10/5
Chief, will you be updating soon? Looking forward to a new chapter (or two, if such a miracle is possible) soon.
Overlord chapter 19 . 9/29
Why does Albrecht want Louise and Saito engaged when he knows that their proximity will make Saito subservient to her because of the runes on his hand?
Komodo23 chapter 23 . 9/22
I'll be honest, at the beginning I was a bit skeptical about this story. I thought it to be the overly-angsty jumble of words so common in most fandoms.
Sweet papaya am I glad you proved me wrong.

The characters are quite likable, and despite you took out the more superficial, comedic viewpoint that engulfed the whole original story, most of them still look and sound very well in character, and I said "most" because the few ones that do not had most of their screen time devoted to contribute to the laughs.

Or because their original behaviours were taken from japanese characterial archetypes (read Louise:Tsundere), but in that case, personally, I can't thank you enough for not taking those sames archetypes here.

It also shows quite a bit of serious thought in worldbuilding, that makes easy to accept the sheer OverPower-ity that Saito showed.

Definitively following this.
lmc9389 chapter 23 . 9/21
Fantastic story
Kuma Dzurui chapter 23 . 8/26
You are awesome. The fic is awesome and i eagerly await the coming chapters.
Cilo chapter 23 . 8/23
This is the single best ZnT story I've ever read, and quite possibly one of the better fanfictions overall. You managed to remove the comedy from Zero and create a far more realistic setting that is both believable and original enough to not be a wannabe Game of Thrones knockoff. There are so many things happening that I honestly cannot predict anything about the plot, which is a very good thing. I am writing a story. I told myself I will update the story every two weeks. Stories like yours are the reason why I am an awful liar.
A Heretical Bacchant chapter 3 . 8/17
I don't think Louise is that bad. She's a person, and clearly a product of circumstance. I hope he doesn't kill her, although I doubt he actually will.
A Glaring Flaw chapter 1 . 8/14
In response spiritblade.

But here's the thing: the author specifically said he was giving literally every single character a brain. Colbert was holding the idiot ball by not even confirming that Saito WAS a commoner before branding him. For all he knew Saito was Nobility, or even a prince! He could have sparked a war. Being a pacifist, that might be something he would like to perhaps avoid.

Also, Saito going on a damn escapde to Germania, not even tyring to use Louise's connections to the crown to help him even how slightly Is more realistic? Also Saito was able to fool people that he was nobility in Germania, so again why did Colbert not even suspect that?

Colbert has seen he horrors of war, it mad him more empathatic. Hell he saved Agnes, who im pretty sure is a commoner herself, (unless he didn't in this one then I'll admit to being wrong here), so don't go saying that 'Colbert saw him less that human' cause that's not AU. That's characer derailment.

Im sorry mate, but no one is immune to criticism: Colbert held the idiot ball.
Spiritblade chapter 23 . 8/11
(not signed in)

A Glaring Flaw

Permit me, on behalf of the author, to answer your question. ShadeNight is writing an AU story, one that is less kind than the ZnT story we know. One that is more real, grittier, darker, harder. I like it. I support it. And I want to be able to do the same. Good authors set the standards; aspiring authors do their best to top them (and give kudos where it is deserved).

Colbert, in this story, is nothing like the one you and I know. Heck, the ZnT world we know is nothing like the one the author sees in his mind. It's harder, crueller, realistic. So what if Saito is human? He (Saito) is a familiar, and familiars are sub-human. The same can be said for commoners and non-magic wielders.

And ShadeNight? Do your best. Throw everything - including the kitchen sink - at us. You do good work, and we like what you do. Oh, and a favour? I know I said it many times before, but Kirche in Saito's harem would make your story the first to have her in it. Peace, man.
A Glaring Flaw chapter 1 . 8/7
Sorry mate, but your deconstruction is flawed.

For all your gloating that 'everyone has brains!' there is a glaring plothole.

Why in the FUCK did Colbert allow the ritual to be completed in the first place!?

I thought everyone was avoiding bullshit reasons to do stuff in this, but nope! it's sacred! Nevermind the fact Colbert should know full well what it would d to Saito, considering he is supposed to be a teacher and all. And then, later Derf tells Saito it doesn't even matter if he is near Louise, she still summoned something! So by that logic, the branding was just plain pointless all around!

This just plain reeks of giving Saito his godlike powers without being near Louise.

Sorry mate, but im not sticking around.
Typhado chapter 23 . 8/7
Liking this so far. Feather seems like a fun character wondering what letter Louise will send.
Yikari chapter 23 . 8/5
'Again'? Whoo-boy...

Thank you for the update!
Zarbapha chapter 23 . 8/1
Been a while since I even looked at a non Xover FoZ fanfics , and I regret it, I would've found this much faster.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 23 . 8/3
The Cat chapter 23 . 7/31
Sorry, forgot to add in my previous review a suggestion. Albrecht intends to find a bride for Saito. Will his nobles do the same? Will the Church find their own candidate, if only to control him? I can sense Saito becoming a - I quote Game of Thrones - new King of the North.