Reviews for The Boy in the Team
Guest A chapter 13 . 2/3
I think it's rather sexist to say that Sakura has excellent chakra control just because she's female. Kabuto is male and he has excellent chakra control. If you want to give Shinku another specialty in lieu of good chakra control, that's completely fine. You need not even justify why you're doing things differently, because this is fanfic, you're allow to stray from canon. I do enjoy your fanfic, just that that point has been bothering me for a long while now so I wanted to point it out.
infinite eternity chapter 73 . 12/26/2016
THIS. WAS. SO WELL WRITTEN I DIED
OMKKKK
OHKAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
whew.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 79 . 12/22/2016
Naruko is going to die isn't she? This is her hubris and arrogance before the fall, isn't it?
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 72 . 12/22/2016
... In a sense, Yami Naruko is telling the truth about Naruko. And she kind of pointed out why I really dislike the Naruko/Shinku pairing or, rather, how it became a thing. I really hate it, personally, when one half of the pairing just goes "We're a couple now" without giving the other a chance, regardless if the one making the decision for both is male or female.

I would have preferred them to remain friends and quasi siblings, but oh whatever, the rest of the story is very interesting and it is very fascinating to see how the merging of the personalities happen at the same time.

Seriously, you and I can't be the only ones who thought that Kishimoto decided to take the very interesting Inner/Outer concept for Sakura and gave it to Naruto to resolve in his Hikari/Yami thing.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 55 . 12/22/2016
If it's not a crush, I'm pretty damned sure Hanabi kind of has a sort of looking for a loving father figure thing that is connected to her feelings towards Shinku since he's the only mentor she's ever had who expected reasonable things out of her AND was straight with her AND didn't take her choices from her just like that.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 50 . 12/21/2016
... Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Not like Kakashi was being subtle in the way he was brainwashing and arranging his future for him.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 48 . 12/21/2016
Oh Naruko... I really like her character development as she's slowly growing up in a way she couldn't while being indestructible.

And I like Sasuke's decision to be a med-nin and his new philosophy/

Even though she means well, the methods... well, she's trying?

And seeing the author's notes all I can say is... WHY HAVEN'T ANY OF THESE GUYS RETIRED YET?! Seriously, after 4-5 of S-ranks and you're set for life if you invest well.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 46 . 12/21/2016
F you Mebuki.

Considering how utterly useless Sakura was as a character and how she was the load more often than not and her existence for a long time made a good case of why little girls should out grow their crushes or else they're useless at life and that you used your miscarried child as an excuse not to be a parent, all I can say is F you.

Zero sympathy.

That being said, was Kabuto's surprise real in that Orochimaru WASN'T following the script (or had to change the script) or was it faked he's that good of a spy?

Did Minato ask Kushina to put poison or preferably bombs in the Forbidden Scroll as a nasty surprise on Orochimaru?
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 45 . 12/21/2016
Poor Chojuro.

I swear, between Kakashi and Zabuza, Shinku's gonna have no choice BUT to turn into a psycho who lives for the kill.

At this point, going on a long term mission (i.e. relocating) to Taki might just be the best thing he could do for himself, if only to get away from the two psychos who want to mold him.

Regardless if Shifu remains a happy couple or they realize they're better off as a friends, no one can deny that that's the healthiest life choice he can make right now.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 42 . 12/21/2016
sooooooo... Shank needs to find a new therapist because while Inoichi is a saint, he's not going to be THAT patient with the guy who snapped and almost gutted his daughter, albeit she all but triggered him.

Zabuza just MADE this episode acting like a proud papa
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 40 . 12/21/2016
To be fair on Naruko's grand-mother like tendencies with Shinku here, she HAS seen him go off the deep end (no thanks to Kakashi...). Aaaaaaaaaaand he's gone off it again.

But yeeeeeesh, how effed up do you have to be for even IBIKI to go JFC kid, there's no need to go that far! Here, just ASK for a pen!

It's official, Shinku's the most terrifying member of Team 7
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 36 . 12/21/2016
In which Sasuke acts like a concerned parent because SOMEONE has to. Granted, he probably screwed around with his dad's investigation, but wow.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 35 . 12/21/2016
Sasuke is the super parent extraordinaire of the group, I SWEAR.

I like how he managed Naruko and I like that she is making strides in changing her behavior even if she can't admit she's wrong.

For all that her flaws give me an "ugh" moment, the fact that she fights against those instincts make her work really well in the narrative.

I also like how Mikoto et al are all he did WHAT?! Because seriously, Kakashi turning Shinku nuts like this is just... yeah.

It's a wonder he doesn't have more sessions with Inoichi but I guess they want to start slow.

I'm halfway expecting Shinku to say I'm too old for this sh!t constantly
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 34 . 12/21/2016
... Congratulations Kakashi, you just about turned one of the meekest wallflowers into someone ZABUZA identifies with!

I mean, I know that Shinku had problems with isolation due to pretty much never seeing his parents and not really having any friends, but Kakashi with his Genjutsu just outright gave Shinku's split personality a lot of power and just normalized everything that is going on.

And ugh Naruko. I mean, I would get it if it was a civilian-born shinobi like Lee or Tenten (I'm at least 90 percent sure) who reacted like that because, well, the Academy mostly shows a glamorized view of shinobi in that "shinobi defend the village" way since it needs to keep a steady flow of propaganda to normalize the lifestyle, but you'd think someone with TWO active shinobi parents and a lot of shinobi relatives would KNOW BETTER.

It just... it all makes her seem so spoiled in a very overbearing way. I know she has her good points, I do, but her spoiled brat flaw just makes her unbearable to me when she doesn't have any leg to stand on.

I know what happened is horrible. But her parents did just as bad in their own day. Kakashi et al too. Where does she get to criticize Shinku?

There's a difference between an actual civilian who wouldn't dream of doing this and someone from a shinobi family acting like she's morally better than him when her entire family does this on the daily.

But then, this is a specific flaw/attitude that I always find annoying in any character (especially leads) so maybe that's just me.

BTW, I realyl respected Neji for stepping up and saying he could make a quick painless kill.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 32 . 12/21/2016
... Is Kakashi trying to make Shinku a sort of new White Fang? Goading him into becoming an assassination specialist while trying to make Naruko and Sasuke actually use their talents?

I gotta say, his methods are making Shinku go in the other direction, I'd say that it's making him want his nice safe life EVEN MORE than before.

Actually, Where IS GAI? If Neji and Tenten are there, why isn't Lee also there?

I mean, I can accept Gai leaving for another side mission that no one sees under the pretense that he "got sidetracked" but Lee? He's still a novice and a genin at that... unless Gai is going further into making him into his replacement with taking him on a special mission?
1,724 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »