Reviews for By Horror Haunted
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
Good story, though it could have hurt/comfort added to its genre. Nice work.
ForestGuardian311 chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Lovely piece!

Raven's birth is not a matter I have not had the pleasure of reading fanfiction on, so I'm very glad yours was the first I stumbled upon.

The details and thoughts of the characters were amazing, and I especially love the tie-in with Poe's famous poem. :)

And that ending? Brilliant.

Great job!
Emilybug2018 chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
That was amazing! You should continue this.
mollipwarriorchic chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
This is perfect. Your vocabulary was perfect and you had a lot of description! And I could feel Arella's pain when Azar told her that her child was evil. So sad she sees it as her fault, but her reasons are justified. A wonderful story. Keep writing!
Cylor chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
This is extremely original and probably the single best explanation of Raven's name that I've ever read. While the subject of Raven's origins is one that comes up very frequently in fanfiction, I don't believe I've ever seen the actual EVENT of her birth explored before, and you've chosen a particularly fascinating perspective from which to depict it. Very, very well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
That was an extremely good story! Your vocabulary is spot on and I could really get a sense of the character's feelings and reactions. I like how Azar believes that the newborn child is not evil like everyone else. I mean, Raven's destiny is a sorrowful one, but she isn't coherently evil, it's the presence of Trigon inside of her and the prophecy that's got everyone on edge. I hope Arella becomes more of a mother to her and their relationship develops, because right now Azar seems more like the motherly figure. That's probably because Arella is barely a teenager right now and is still feeling conflicted. You know, I always wondered why Raven called her mother Arella at first in the tv series. I also wondered where Azar was when Raven returns to Azarath to seek out Arella.

I know this is a one shot, but I really hope you add more to it! Like maybe how it was like for Azar the train Raven and how everyone perceived her and outcasted her because of the prophecy. You write really well considering you didn't have any guidelines to go off of the characters and Azarath in general.

I hope to read more in the future! Oh, and also it says I'm a guest reviewer, but that's because I'm reviewing from my iPod and it won't allow me to sign in. My username is TheBeatles141 :)

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the make." "End" by The Beatles

Marista chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
I thought your story was absolutely brilliant! It's not only well written, but the story line is spot on. I never thought about Raven's birth, but this is exactly how it should have happened. I especially like the idea of a newborn that reveals extra eyes every time she gets upset. I know you're working on other things, but when you have time you should consider extending this story.
Caprichoso chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
I found this story on my phone, hoping to flip through for some quick entertainment that wasn't horrible. Read, close the window, go on with my day. I wasn't planning on reviewing, but then again, I wasn't planning on this being so good.

In years of reading on this site, I've seen many incarnations of Azar, but few that have been as compelling as yours. Many people forget how young Angela Roth was at Raven's conception, and you've portrayed that masterfully in all its uncertainty and self-blame. The interplay between Azar and Arella is excellent, and your imagery is rife with little details that bring the story to life.

Moreover, this is a great origin for the girl we see in the series. You've tied Raven's name, the Poe reference that later forms the landscape of her mind, and the idea of shaping an already fixed destiny together in a brilliant manner.

This goes straight to a not-very-long list of my favorites. I'll be looking into the rest of your work soon.
Speisla Cartoon Cartoon chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
My favorite subjects together. Azar, Arella, Baby Rae
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
Heh, your awesome for making a refrence to both the Raven poem and the episode "Nevermore".

Invader Johnny Signing Off.