Reviews for The Ultimate Guide to Writing Smut Fic
Artemis Fortune chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
This is a great guide! I have so much trouble writing smut but now I actually have a base to use as a reference. To use dick, cock, or just plain old penis in a sex scene is still a struggle for me, though.
Forte
red0mash chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
This is quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever read. I mean I laughed out loud (Especially after the bit about the 'spunk trumpet'). And I tell you now- almost NEVER review. But this was just... perfect. All the Do's and Dont's I was like, YES THANK YOU! Truly, loved it, and thanks!
ButterscotchCandybatch chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Thanks for posting this! I totally agree with the "epithets" section. I see this a lot and it drives me crazy! "The older man" is not sexy talk, IMHO. Thanks for the anatomical vocab list too! I really struggle to think of anything creative after a while and there are quite a few terms I don't feel comfortable using, so I think this will be useful.

Candle wax? You are effing kidding me?! And I'm *so* there with you on the humiliation thing. That's not really my kink anyway, but I totally can't understand why it crops up in other relationships which are otherwise faithful and perfectly nice. Also related is the "this is sinful" thing - is this an American problem? That everything sexy has to somehow be dirty and/or shameful? Or that it needs to be mentioned when writing m/m or f/f sex scenes? IMHO "sinful" is not a synonym for sexy. (eg sinful kisses) Sorry for the rant, but this really bothers me. (And I don't mean to imply that you do it - I think it is something that you might like to add to this article, if you have the time.)

I'd also be interested in your opinion on the "safe sex" issue - condoms, blood tests and STI testing. I *never* write this stuff - I just don't think it is sexy, and this is fantasy after all, but I've seen it crop up a few times in fanfic and I'm starting to wonder if A) my characters all look irresponsible for not worrying about this stuff B) *I* am irresponsible for not mentioning it?

Thanks for the recs, off to read "Crescendo" now...
DemonSinofWrath chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Quinn that was brilliant. Thank you for the tips. I can say I need to make some large changes to my writing, though its not as bad as I would have thought. Most of it is the don'ts in common fan fiction writing. I can say I have a problem with "blonde headed male" and such. I'll certainly be coming back to this. As someone who wants to become a published author I'm going to use these. :)

Pure*
Guest chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it
Danara chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
This is fantastic. Could you do a general fic article too? I know you're specifically writing about smut here, but some of these tips are good in general (using betas, for example) and I am sure you would do a great job of it. This one was very informative yet also highly amusing.
shadowquill17 chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Wow that was so precise and well-documented... and you know what's funny? Some of it can actually apply to not only smut but writing in general, and that's what makes it so great... besides, even if I write in french, I'm absolutely sure this will be very helpful when I decide to take my romantic fics to a next and smuttier level ... and since I was totally afraid of that, I really can't thank you enough! You're amazing!
consulting smartass chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
OMG, I did not know how much I needed this until I read it. THANK YOU!
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18