Reviews for Revolution In The Ranks
Ada1229 chapter 2 . 4/13
So I got curious and decided to look up what happens when a malnourished person eats too much in an effort to figure out how a Nutritional Potion works. It seems to be the same basic princaple as what HIV (or is it AIDS?) does to the body. There is a sever lack of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) in the body of a malnourished person. This is a complex organic chemical that gives us energy to do anything, even actions as simple as sitting, standing, blinking etc, it's all feuled by ATP. It is also used internally to help process food and such (or at least that's what I get from this article I'm reading) so perhaps a Nutritional Potion is used to force a person's magic to produce more ATP inside the body and designates said ATP to only process food properly or perhaps it simply has ATP in it rather then force the person's magic to make it. Either way it's interesting
Quillpen1701 chapter 21 . 4/11
I am enjoying this story. Please update. If not, could you at least write a small summary of how this story would have ended up?
I differently enjoy this story a lot more than the other fourth year based story
Natsuki D chapter 21 . 3/26
Can't wait for more /
The story given to the Amelia is different to the one given to the wizmagnot
Sakihinata chapter 13 . 2/10
The Goblins have a great sense of humour ;)
bluesnowflakes21 chapter 21 . 1/29
This was really brilliant so far.. Though i do wonder if tom under potions as well to make him the way he is right now. Maybe the true Dark Lord would be Dumbeldore...? That would make it really interesting. Hope you update soon..Thank you for your Hard work on it.
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 11/9/2017
Oh, dear! I see there have been no updates for more than two years. Bummer! I do hope you still plan to finish the story. It's very good, and the timing of your investigation into Dumbledore's manipulations and lawbreaking is agonizingly slow (as it would be in real life, when building such a case). Very realistic!

As one who does NOT worship at the altar of Dumbledore, I obviously find his machinations despicable. I'm wildly curious to learn how Severus came to be Marked, since he doesn't remember the event. You obviously have something original and extremely nefarious in mind for that. I'm also wondering how Poppy is going to survive the storm that will undoubtedly erupt when news of her failures becomes public.

I can't wait to see if Minerva is able to throw off her bondage to Dumbledore. What is he holding on her? It seems as though blackmail is a large part of his MO, and I'm curious about what such a seemingly straight-arrow as she is could have done.

I especially like Harry's new circle of friends, and I hope Harry keeps them. It's especially fun to see Lee Jordan (another grossly underused but very funny character) and Neville - a very unusual friend pairing - work together. I'm very eager to see how the Snakes play into things. We all know an entire house can't be evil ... especially as they are just kids. (Ron will surely blow his stack when he realizes Draco is part of the new cadre of friends. I don't even want to think of what he will do if George/Draco become a reality.)

I think Hermione may be starting to realize just what she has thrown away in Harry, though I fear it's a bit late in the day to ever be reinstated to BF status. Given the antagonistic relationship they've always had, I don't understand her buying into Ron's jealous nonsense. It doesn't make sense. Is SHE being fed some kind of potion to follow and emulate Ron's idiocy? Since most of the Gryffindors - not to mention other houses in their year - haven't seemed to like her too much, she is pretty much left with Ron and Ginny for friends. Not exactly a good exchange for someone who risked his life to save her from the Troll and also slew the Basilisk who petrified her. I can't see either of those Weasleys truly sacrificing their lives for her.

I dearly hope to see an update soon. **fingers crossed**
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 11/8/2017
"I shall look into the Tofty House and Vaults, as I believe that the family fell out of existance some decades ago." Professor Tofty was the OWL examiner who asked Harry to cast his Patronus for an extra point, and he was definitely NOT a Squib. Surely that name isn't so common (like Smith) that there would be unrelated families named Tofty. Maybe he's a grandfather or uncle to Harry.

I think Snape, Harry, and Nagnok are about to make Amelia Bones's day ... and cause Fudge to have a hissy fit ... and make Dumbledore feel as though he's been hit with a bowel-loosening hex. If Ron was jealous before, I suspect he might develop a terminal case of envy once Harry's new status becomes known.

One good thing about having a Potions Master as a guardian is that slipping Harry a love potion will be a lot more difficult ... just in case your rather creepy version of Ginny was considering it.

I hope the removal of the Horcrux will stop the nightmares. Those are kind of a two-edged sword, aren't they? They do provide a convenient way of eavesdropping on Voldy's nasty plans, but sweet Harry can't handle the violence and evil they contain.
flower pot girl chapter 21 . 8/20/2017
A great story.
Erimenthe chapter 21 . 8/17/2017
Please, PLEASE say this hasn't been abandoned! I love how different this story is and I would love to read more. There are still two other tasks and finding out about Lily's familial background as well as so many other things still hanging. Are we sure that Gellert was the Dark Lord back in the day or did Dumbledore somehow manage to convince/compel him to do things so he could be a hero? Did he somehow do something to Tom as he grew once coming to Hogwarts since it had been years after Gellert and his fame was waning? Is Dumbledore the hidden Dark Lord or is he just that self centered and used the others darkness to further his fame? So many ways this story could go with everything he's done so far with the compulsions and such on so many since the first war, at the very least. I do hope you update this one soon.
QueenofRedGinger chapter 17 . 6/10/2017
This is really interesting and cool! Loving it!
Seekerfinderdigger chapter 19 . 6/9/2017
Just letting you know, you have another broken html tag in this chapter, it looks like you forgot to end the html at the end of the newspaper article.
Seekerfinderdigger chapter 5 . 6/9/2017
Yo, you REALLY need to edit this chapter's coding! You failed to first close the italics tag, and then the bold- it's even affecting FFN's appearance at the bottom of the screen!

So far I am intrigued by the story, but the messed up coding is weakening your proverbial fish hook, as this chapter is difficult to read, literally. That large stretch of bold and italics at the end had me skipping whole paragraphs.

That being said, cliches, yes, you have a few, buuuuuut... you so far have not gone to quite the extreme that would make me quit the story. The big one (to my eyes, at least) you at least twist and make intriguing (Lilly's origin), and of the rest, most make some amount of sense, given what we know from canon. The other big cliche, heck, you've created a decent story so far, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and keep reading.

I may have to stop for awhile and wait for you to fix coding if you've messed it up again, but you have me as a reader for now.
bookworm737 chapter 21 . 6/4/2017
I like this story so far! I was happy to read on your profile that the story isn't abandoned.