Reviews for Black Pearl
Marvin is my Muse chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
I loved this story. You really captured the toll one event took on the whole family (and Steve) without minimizing any one character's struggles.
Kudos!

-Jess
puppylover27 chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
It was really good! This was an an interesting story, I haven't read many fanfics like this. When I saw this story I wanted to try reading to see if I liked if, and I did! You did a really good job on writing this. I look forward to reading any other stories you write!
Arsosah chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
I really love this story! It's so sad seeing Darry be so... uncaring. But it's not a bad thing. We are so used to the brothers/gang being so close, but everything must have changed when Soda and Steve were drafted. And I think we (I) sometimes forget that he also lost so many people in his life. I always think of Pony's losses, but even Darry lost his parents, Johnny and Dally. Everyone has a breaking point.
It doesn't make it right, what he did to Pony. But I think... when someone feel really bad, they can't always help that they hurt people. I think Pony understands that. Soda too.
Now I just hope for Steve to get better as well. Maybe a sequel to this?
SodapopGirl17 chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
It was such a nice story, have you thought about writing one for Steve? What his going through? I reckon that could be real interesting!
jnd chapter 4 . 10/15/2013
Hey, awesome job! Just saw a spn storie of yours and decided to check some of your other stuff out as well...nice. :)
Anon chapter 4 . 10/13/2013
To be honest, I don't think this is out of character at all. In fact, I think it is a very realistic possibility of Darry to do something like this. Darry had a lot put on his shoulders at one time, so when Soda left I can very much see where this is coming from. Not that I'm condoning his behavior... Pony's right, cuz he should have been there.
Can I just say how wonderfully beautiful and profound this is? I've been meaning to review, but I guess I just kind of forgot about doing that. This story just really reaches out to me. You have quite a way with words too. Are you a linguist?
The bit with Soda talking about feeling like he'll never die really hit it home. I think we can all relate to that. The way Soda blames the war seems realistic to me-I think a lot of people probably did. And in this situation, it ruined a lot of things for them.
Reading more into it, I am starting to sympathize more with Pony than be angry at him, like I was in the beginning. I couldn't think of any reason this was acceptable. But reading on...from struggling to help a drug-addicted Steve and Darry's absence and Soda's being away, he kind of had a lot on his plate. I didn't realize that in the first chapter, so I'm ssssuuuuuuppppppeeeerrrr glad you decided to expand on this, because it really explains things thoroughly. I'm just sad right now cuz I'm picturing Pony just coming home from Steve's house and seeing truly how fucked up he is and then wanting comfort from Darry but all he gets is the empty house and overdue bills. Now i'm just making myself sad here...
And then I can picture Pony going to Steve's house all the time, and Steve just talks about his war times and the people he killed and saw get killed, while injecting heroine in himself and then Pony gets upset about that and just this whole situation and then everytime he comes over Steve always offers some to him and tells him it will make him feel better and then Pony always said no but then one day he had a bad day and just really wanted to escape and so he just took it.
Glory, I'm sorry. I have all these scenarios in my head.
But this is one of the most perfect, amazing, wonderful fanfictions I have ever read. I'd pay to have your talent. This story doesn't get have the recognition it deserves.
I'm just begging you to update soon.
Goldenponygirl chapter 4 . 10/12/2013
at the end of this i started clapping when ponyboy yelled at darry hmm pony yelling at darry? that is a contraction from the usual
SunnyDay23 chapter 4 . 10/12/2013
Thruth is revealed, then! I guess Darry can't say anything, now...
FireGoddess101 chapter 4 . 10/12/2013
Wasn't expecting that!
Arsosah chapter 4 . 10/12/2013
Aw, sad to hear that it's only one chapter left! You are doing a wonderful job and I think you keep everyone in character. The thing with Darry was a surprise, but not a bad one. Well, bad of course but you know what I mean I hope :) Can't wait to find out more about it!
dreamergirl0731 chapter 3 . 9/29/2013
Please update soon! I really like this even though I would never see Pony doing drugs. You make it work though. It takes talent to do that. Good job!
Guest chapter 3 . 9/24/2013
Woah. I thought you were like twenty or something lol hahahah good story doe
iinvisible chapter 3 . 9/24/2013
"And that's my job, ain't it? To take care of my pain in the ass little brother?" Do I spot a Supernatural quote? ;) I love the story, by the way.
Arsosah chapter 3 . 9/24/2013
I really hope they can manage to save Steve, even if I am a bit mad at him, for doing this to himself (and Pony.)
I wonder what Darry will say when they tell him... Update soon :)
NittanyLizard chapter 3 . 9/23/2013
Excellent! The only thing I was a little unsure of was whether the third section of italicized text (after the bathroom scene) happened before, or after that scene. Otherwise, really nice job. Still loving the characterization.