Reviews for Halo
TheLittle MissVixen chapter 1 . 2/24
God I wasn't expecting that! This made me sad...and nostalgic, don't know why. It is very beautiful, Carol you really need to start writing some multi-chapter! You are amazing.
God I really like the plot on this, just wow. Love it
The direction was pretty good, somewhat a little hard to follow I wasn't sure who the names of these people were I had to go back and re read again trying to figure it out. The story line was great. Grammar, for the most part was good, there was a few things in there that could be fixed like "His heart still beats inside of me" instead of "His heart beats still inside of me." Also "I'll promise I"ll stay with him"...should maybe be "I promise I'll stay with him" "I hug him to me once last time" maybe should be one last time instead. Great job Carol! loved it.
LoveDE chapter 1 . 1/11
Carol I just read this again to refresh and this is so good! The twist at the end caught me off guard the first time. AWESOME!
vanagonne chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
I love how this was constructed. As I was reading I assumed the husband was one person but I love the ending. Are you continuing?! Heartbreaking and I love the imagery of the palm to chest at the end. A perfect nod to some very beautiful/powerful scenes in the show.
madelene.bengtsdotter chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
I really liked the unexpected twist.
newsgirl83 chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Ahhh! I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this! Your twist at the end was beautiful and unexpected, and this premise leaves you tons of room to explore if you so choose to continue. Excellent job! I look forward to anything you post in the future.
amygerrard chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Wow. Carol, this was amazing and I did not see that twist coming at all! This was really great to read and I felt the emotional connection to the characters straight away. If you decide to continue this, I would love to read it but, if not, it is still perfect like this. Welcome to the world of writing! Amy xo
jairem chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Heartbreaking yet uplifting at the end. I can only imagine what could happen after. thank you
LoveEpicLove chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Carol, what a lovely one-shot. I do hope you'll continue. So many places you could take this. Loved the emotion in it. So good!
0123Hope chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
OH MY GOD. I thought Damon died and then there you go... this deserves to be more than a one-shot but I understand if you leave it this way. You did this beautifully, Carol. I did not see that coming at all.
sauriemilia chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Oh Carol, you had me tearing up from the very begining. I loved how you kept the suspence by withholding the identity of her husband, and then the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when we see who the recepient was! Ive been waiing for so long to read something by you and Im honored to now be part of it
morvamp chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Carol, you have always been so wonderfully supportive of me and my stories so when I saw talk of a piece you'd written yourself, I had to return the favor... even if I no longer read DE. And I am so glad that I did. This was lovely, a pure joy, after the heartache, of course. But a marvelous representation of your skill, which should be shown more often. The ending caught me completely by surprise and I couldn't have loved the twist any more.

Thank you for being a great friend and for writing such a touching piece.
Lani chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
It's been forever since I've read a DE fic, but when I saw on twitter that you had posted a story, I knew I had to read it. You've always been a great supporter of all my stories and I'm happy to return the favour.

This was beautifully written, Carol. Loved the twist at the end. It showed how something good can come out of a tragedy.
chellethebelle chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Oh my word, I love this concept! Such a beautiful piece with so much love in it despite the dire situation.

Wow, wonderful job, Carol! You should be proud!
Florencia7 chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
That was absolutely wonderful!

The tension was so tangible. I was on the edge of my seat while reading this. I loved the way in which you wrote this fic, the suspense was there for the entire time. Bit by bit, the scene, all the circumstances were gradually becoming clearer and it was all so beautifully, craftfully done.

I love the story idea - so interesting and touching. That moment at the end - it was so wonderfully bittersweet.

Fantastic one-shot. I hope you'll write more stories in the future! Your writing is AMAZING. I loved reading this story!