Reviews for 75 Games: After the Mockingjay
xAnchored chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
Cool story. I like the person and her cousin.
mangesboy01 chapter 54 . 8/6/2014
Alright, so I enjoyed this chapter immensely.

For starters, I agree that Jaden is the perfect Career. He's indeed emotionless, however, his thoughts and backstory create the credibility as to why he's that. It isn't that he's just some psycho who enjoys killing and has no remorse about it. Because Jaden does in fact feel remorse and guilt. There's several times he hints to in throughout the chapter, which I enjoyed.

The backstory with the trail was a great touch, too. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm rather keen on the idea of twenty three guys and twenty three girls dying each year. If you total it, that's sixty six kids killed every year, plus any that die while in the actual Hunger Games. I guess I'm not necessarily against the idea, as I love how you weaved it into the story, giving Jaden much more character depth because of the way the trials affected him. Though, it just seems like that's a lot of kids who die each year. I get that District 2 is a rather large district, but surely all those death would add up.

The fight with Castor and Faith was pretty intense. For some reason, I kind of expected them to double team the main threat, as it only makes sense to. Anyway, I like that Faith was slung over the edge, as it was a great way to incorporate the arena (It reminds me of something out of Mortal Engines) , too. Oh, and the smirk. Hmm. I like that Jaden smirked when he realized he was to be victor. Though, I don't think it's a smirk because he enjoys killing, but a smirk because this chapter of his life is finally over.

Hands down, I love this line.
"I don't have to live like a murderer anymore."
I think the emotion was conveyed greatly through just this one line. We really get a sense of Jaden's true character. He hinted before that he was only in the Games to gain the spoils so to speak, so this only concretes that thought all the more.

All in all, great chapter, dude. Awesome job with establishing a memorable arena and voice. :)

Haha, am I the only one who wants to hear more from these Victors? Like, I'd love to see how they cope once they get back home and visit their families. Say an epilogue or a one shot of their lives after the arena or something. Food for thought, I suppose.
nevergone4ever chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
Aaay :)

OKAY FIRST OFF YES JUST YES. this song. Yeeeees. I love the rest, too- "Fashion is the art! Designers are the gods! Models play the part of angels in the dark!" The music video is amazing, too, and... Okay, ugh, yes, I love whoever chose this song, okay.

Anyways. I like Marina a lot, especially the fact that she was a bit of a sadist! Those are always interesting to see :)
Oxenstierna D. Yuki-Rin chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
That was a short chapter. Short, but the "death of all things beautiful" concept was very interesting.
coolcattime chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
I think this was a interesting chapter, I think the arena style has been used a lot in this story but I really don't mind because some of the most interesting mutts are usually in tropical environment. I think that this games would be very interesting for the tributes as a lot of them would get a lot of sponsor gifts.
Clato Kentwell chapter 56 . 8/5/2014
I think the arena was very creative. :)
PrincessLyoka chapter 55 . 8/5/2014
Sorry for not reviewing this chapter yesterday. Internet crashed when I tried typing.
Kelis makes a good point about not all the victors being monsters. Some could've only killed just to set them out of mercy, or, like Kelis, killed because it came down to the wire of defending themselves against another tribute, just wanting to go home and end the Games.
155th oneshot, 130th Game. Hmm, that is funny. I actually noticed that chapter 50 was a Quarter Quell, though if things had gone differently, chapter 50 would be the second QQ or chapter 125 in general, if you think about it.
PrincessLyoka chapter 56 . 8/5/2014
Yep, that's mostly all the words I had in italics. Darn you formatting weirdness going on at my end.
A little FYI, I based the "feelings and emotions in italics" thing off of a book called "Mockingbird" by Kathryn Erskine, one of my favorites. It was written in the POV of someone with Aspergers', in which all the words said were in italics instead of quotation marks. I just thought it would be a nice touch for someone like Nimini, in a different way.
I'm actually flipping through the book right now and found a character named Mr. Mason. All coincidental! All of it! He's such a small character that appears in one chapter, how was I supposed to remember him?
Oxenstierna D. Yuki-Rin chapter 56 . 8/5/2014
Nimini's plan to take the Cornucopia down was so awesome. I wish we got to see what happened had it succeeded.
Jemmie chapter 56 . 8/5/2014
I would actually like to know about the cornucopia. Thats a good concept to discuss -

Nimini sort of reminds me of poor, D4 Annie. I used to have a fear of the dark (childish, I know, but I was a young child anyway) and it sucks knowing that something could hurt you but you wouldn't even know it was there in the first place.
coolcattime chapter 56 . 8/5/2014
This is a really cool chapter. I've seen a tribute a little like Nimini but not really, I would definitely say that she's childlike but not in the way that she doesn't know about the Hunger Games and is unaware of things like death. I think that Nimini is one of the most interesting tributes I've seen. I'll say she a sociopath, the trouble with emotions gives that much but I really don't think she's mental in that way, I don't think she's mental at all. She is one I would love to see more of, even a tribute like her. I like the way that she's treated by the other careers other than her District partner because a person will mental disabilities of any kind in Panem would, likely, be treated like that by anyone who doesn't understand them.
Clato Kentwell chapter 55 . 8/4/2014
I liked the arena with snow, in fact I think it is little used. :)
Klicker'andKash chapter 53 . 8/4/2014
Wow. Just wow. Nigella, well, this story really shows how surroundings change people.
Klicker'andKash chapter 51 . 8/4/2014
Oh gosh...way too violent, I'm sorry but Krysta was just cruel. Very cruel.
Klicker'andKash chapter 50 . 8/4/2014
Very interesting chapter! Lots of action...the tracker jacker thing was highly creative.
497 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »