Reviews for 75 Games: After the Mockingjay
Klicker'andKash chapter 58 . 8/7/2014
Great job for a new writer! :)
Klicker'andKash chapter 57 . 8/7/2014
This was interesting! BUt I spotted a mistake in the summary-it said Amber was allive!
Oxenstierna D. Yuki-Rin chapter 58 . 8/7/2014
A great first-time chapter for NewbornCrown15. A true welcome to the story.
Jemmie chapter 58 . 8/7/2014
Its nice to see another Career that wasn't actually a Career. I am sure that many other victors could relate to Lawrence's feelings. Great chapter!
coolcattime chapter 58 . 8/7/2014
I think Lawrence is interesting and I feel a bit bad for hit when he says that his brother say he would volunteer and didn't. The arena is nice, it definitely was interesting, the waste around the cornucopia was an interesting idea.
Jemmie chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
Aw, I was too late. Hoped to be Review 350.

Its definitely cool to see a game where appearance didn't matter as much, since everyone was cover-material.
PrincessLyoka chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
"The death of all things beautiful." Nice touch :)
mangesboy01 chapter 55 . 8/6/2014
Kelis is definitely a realistic enough character. Her thoughts were interesting. Specifically, I enjoyed her thoughts on how every kill is a broken promise. Truly, that's a power line there when you think back to all the tributes who promise their parents that they'll be returning. Though, all but one only break that promise by dying in the arena. It's actually quite sad, and it really got me thinking. Excellent job there.

It's also sad to what happened to Remus. Dying at the hands of a Career. Although, I will say that I didn't expect Kelis to be the one to seek justice, killing her herself. The anger Kelis felt because her district partner died was clear, too, as she admitted to having stabbed the poor girl several times. I think it's almost ironic as to how Kelis went from victim to fighter. In a way, her stabbing the Career repeatedly reminds me of a Career. Really, Glimmer in the movie as she hacked away on some poor kid during the bloodbath scene.

Sometimes, I couldn't understand what you were trying to get across thought wise, and I had to go back a reread the sentence. To me, there was a few lines that seemed a little awkward, and well, confusing, too. For example, "I sit myself in the snow and draw my legs in, wrapping my arms around them." I think this line could run smoother if reworded differently. :) Say, "I sit in the snow, bringing my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them." Only a suggestion though. :)

Also, I really liked the arena and where you took it. The small details about the thicker clothing being in the back of the Cornucopia past the weapons was a nice touch. It's nice to see a taiga thrown into the mix, as it's been awhile since we've had one of those, I think.

Happy writing coolcattime! Excellent first chapter! I loved how deep Kelis' thoughts were.
Klicker'andKash chapter 56 . 8/6/2014
Oh gosh, Is NImini, idk, does she have mental disorder? I don't know, but this chapter kind scared me. Well written, though.
xAnchored chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
Cool story. I like the person and her cousin.
mangesboy01 chapter 54 . 8/6/2014
Alright, so I enjoyed this chapter immensely.

For starters, I agree that Jaden is the perfect Career. He's indeed emotionless, however, his thoughts and backstory create the credibility as to why he's that. It isn't that he's just some psycho who enjoys killing and has no remorse about it. Because Jaden does in fact feel remorse and guilt. There's several times he hints to in throughout the chapter, which I enjoyed.

The backstory with the trail was a great touch, too. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm rather keen on the idea of twenty three guys and twenty three girls dying each year. If you total it, that's sixty six kids killed every year, plus any that die while in the actual Hunger Games. I guess I'm not necessarily against the idea, as I love how you weaved it into the story, giving Jaden much more character depth because of the way the trials affected him. Though, it just seems like that's a lot of kids who die each year. I get that District 2 is a rather large district, but surely all those death would add up.

The fight with Castor and Faith was pretty intense. For some reason, I kind of expected them to double team the main threat, as it only makes sense to. Anyway, I like that Faith was slung over the edge, as it was a great way to incorporate the arena (It reminds me of something out of Mortal Engines) , too. Oh, and the smirk. Hmm. I like that Jaden smirked when he realized he was to be victor. Though, I don't think it's a smirk because he enjoys killing, but a smirk because this chapter of his life is finally over.

Hands down, I love this line.
"I don't have to live like a murderer anymore."
I think the emotion was conveyed greatly through just this one line. We really get a sense of Jaden's true character. He hinted before that he was only in the Games to gain the spoils so to speak, so this only concretes that thought all the more.

All in all, great chapter, dude. Awesome job with establishing a memorable arena and voice. :)

Haha, am I the only one who wants to hear more from these Victors? Like, I'd love to see how they cope once they get back home and visit their families. Say an epilogue or a one shot of their lives after the arena or something. Food for thought, I suppose.
nevergone4ever chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
Aaay :)

OKAY FIRST OFF YES JUST YES. this song. Yeeeees. I love the rest, too- "Fashion is the art! Designers are the gods! Models play the part of angels in the dark!" The music video is amazing, too, and... Okay, ugh, yes, I love whoever chose this song, okay.

Anyways. I like Marina a lot, especially the fact that she was a bit of a sadist! Those are always interesting to see :)
Oxenstierna D. Yuki-Rin chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
That was a short chapter. Short, but the "death of all things beautiful" concept was very interesting.
coolcattime chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
I think this was a interesting chapter, I think the arena style has been used a lot in this story but I really don't mind because some of the most interesting mutts are usually in tropical environment. I think that this games would be very interesting for the tributes as a lot of them would get a lot of sponsor gifts.
Clato Kentwell chapter 56 . 8/5/2014
I think the arena was very creative. :)
506 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »