Reviews for Nothing To Lose
Gnomewithoutahat chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
This was really good! Poor Sage!
AprilLittle chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
She lost her marbles! Ha!

Yeah, that wasn't so funny, eh? This was a really sad story about Sage trying to cope with the cruelties in her life, and finally just losing hope. She sees a quick fix and she goes for it. Her situation seemed somewhat manageable until she was reaped, but after that. . .yeah, I can see why she did what she did in the arena. *nods*

What was this Victor dude doing to her? Using her as a sparring dummy? A few more details in regard to that area of the story would have been handy!

And I don't think the A/N at the end is at all necessary. . .pretty clear train of thought throughout the story, so it wasn't a problem at all to figure out what happened. XD
Ruetheday chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Crap. I was going to write a one-shot for the challenge, but then I saw this and now I know I can't beat it!
This is beautiful and truly haunting! I love every bit, especially the rain that symbolized death.
Great job with this!
Good luck :)
-Sophie
Gamemaker John chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
Great story!

I thought the fic skimped on some things. It glossed over from scene to scene and gave it a rapid pace. i personally prefer a slower tempo, with more detail and character development.

But your story was very powerful, The last lines were haunting. Well done.
RueThisDay chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
Woah.
That's really powerful.
I can't think of anything else to say about it.
Um... Good luck for the challenge!
That was so powerful...
Woah...
Estoma chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
I always like stories that explain some of the things we only get a glimpse of in canon. I'm glad you picked to write about this. It's an interesting point of view. /

However, to improve this, I would suggest going a bit more in depth, because I feel that this really just skimmed the surface. For example, what was the victor's name, what did he make her do? /

Also, the prompt was very clear, so well done for that, but perhaps you tried to make it just a little too obvious? Perhaps consider pulling back there a bit. /

All up, it was a good piece of writing and it's a believable explanation and story for the tribute that Katniss only mentions in passing. Nice work! /

Good luck for the one shot challenge.
Thargelion chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
OH MY FREAKING FLIPPING FLYING FREEZING FUCKING GOODNESS.
this was great! :( poor Sage and Amber. now i'm very attatched to them. how dare you.
[And Sage Hemp became a pillar of fire, igniting into the sky, blown into thousands of pieces.]
I really like this line best. it was very well written and YOU MADE ME SADDDDD