Reviews for Mass Effect: The Defiant Ones
Hoplite39 chapter 3 . 11/26/2013
Another really good chapter. The interaction between West and Fusco was well done, both establishing character and further building the scene and explaining the situation. West and his teal find themselves in a dilemma, in fact in several.

It looks like the Yahg are very devious. But then, considering a Yahg 'pet' managed to usurp the Shadow Broker 400 years before, it's not that surprising.

It will be interesting to see what plan West comes up with and whether it will be executed successfully.

Looking forward to the next chapter :)
Hoplite39 chapter 2 . 11/21/2013
Great chapter! Really well written and thought out IMO.

Good interaction between West and Yogerov. Good build up to of the scene. You set the scene well, explaining why they could only be (relatively) lightly armed for this mission. Which I prefer as it gives everything a more conventional feel.

I liked in the first paragraph how you mentioned that troopers still had to walk everywhere. Regardless of technology, it seems some things never change.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Very well written. Good start. You outlined the situation very clearly and all makes sense and is consistent with the ME world. I like your use of the Yahg. We don't know many per-flight species from ME. But after meeting the pre-Liara Shadow Broker, I can just imagine them being an aggressive race.

I am curious to know how the Reaper war ended. Was it one of the options, or are you just assuming an AU conventional victory. I am curious to know.

Anyway, good start. I am interested to see how you proceed.