Reviews for Partners In Crime
julianne chapter 5 . 9/20/2015
I really enjoyed this series. Great job!
LudoJudo chapter 5 . 5/2/2014
I've loved reading these chapters. Please, please write some more :) I like how they're short stories relating to different episodes or scenes or scenes that should have been.
I recently watched the episode Elementary, My Dear Murdoch (Season 1) and feel there could be a short story concerned with the seance. I love how Murdochs a man of science and maybe shouldn't believe but is also Catholic and would most likely believe in a heaven of some sort and I'd love an angsty story to do with this...having said that I adore the humour in these stories. You've got the characters voices down perfectly, especially Brakenreid and Crabtree.
One last word. MORE!
barbarama chapter 5 . 10/20/2013
Sorry for not reviewing sooner but I did really love your last 2 chapters. The working relationship as well as the friendship that develop between the 3 men who are very different is lovely to read, and you have a special take into past episodes that is very endearing, especially regarding George growth into his job :)

One question, why not include Julia in your story (I'm not talking about a romantic arc between W&J no worries because they are plenty of beautiful fanfics out there that I read already; also I know that Julia works more closely with William on cases) but during Convalescence she was working with George as well as the first episode of season 3 where she helped both Brackenreid & Crabtree when William vanished. Maybe your story is about the 3 men and that's fine but if somehow it is about how the team work together on cases and how they value each others work while sometimes disagreeing then I think including Julia in your story would not be far fetched in my opinion (I'm not pushing you to do that though, it is just a suggestion :p )

Can't wait to read your chapter #6 then :)
Demosthenes23 chapter 5 . 10/12/2013
I don't know what I said but if it produces such fine work as this, then I'll take the credit as muse. :p

As to the content, I guess I always naively assumed that if George ever was promoted to acting detective, he would simply stay at station house 4 in that position until Murdoch retired (or died) and then take over. For some reason it never seemed like an option for him to go to another station house, but you're right, if he made the grade, he would be relocated way before Murdoch ever left. Which we of course can't have on the show and now I suddenly understand why George never rose to acting detective. Brackenreid's a wise one, well sometimes anyway.
Demosthenes23 chapter 4 . 10/10/2013
Hahaha! Yeah this ep had a lot of funny moments but the one you've specifically detailed here was probably the funniest. Pretty much any time Murdoch does something funny, it's like ten times funnier than anyone else because he's always so serious.

Anyway, glad to have you back!
karenm99 chapter 4 . 10/10/2013
Yee-haw! One up to Murdoch! What a hoot - this is one of my favorite Murdoch moments - and you had me crying with laugher at the end!

Thanks for a another sharp chapter!
karenm99 chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
Aah, sweet! You've given us another delightful glimpse into their world! Could there be a better mentor than William? He did appear very relaxed about George's deception; you've given us a good explanation as to why!

There's such a lot in this episode: Julia's teasing of George, William's skepticism of alien visitations, Brackenreid's two-martian scenario joke, William appreciating Julia's walk and her loosened hair...and the concession 51 in-joke of course.

As William would say, food for thought?
barbarama chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
I remember this scene so well, it is very funny...I do love that in your chapter your made the all thing very endearing.

I really love the mentoring's relationship William has with George and I can't wait to read more about it as well as their developing friendship

Your writing is really really good and I enjoy reading this story immensely :)
Demosthenes23 chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
Murdoch really is like a big brother to George, (I won't say like a father because there is only 6 years between them) I've always gotten that impression and I think you've beautifully displayed that here. Well done!

I love those last two lines! I think Brackenreid is missing out. :p
barbarama chapter 2 . 9/10/2013
Pretty good sequel as per usual ;)

Your writing is flawless and really entertaining :) good work ;)
Demosthenes23 chapter 2 . 9/10/2013
To be honest, that scene in the show confused me at first because I didn't notice George saying barns strangely. It just sounded normal to me so I didn't get why they were making such a big deal of it. I guess that's just because I'm used to the accent. You'd kind of think that Brackenreid would be too though. Obviously it was put in for comedic effect so I'll let that slide.

It's funny how Brackenreid can be so sharp at times. It's hard to imagine he thinks anything other than "time for some whiskey!" or "I hope Margaret made something other than potatoes and beans tonight." or a string of swear words.
karenm99 chapter 2 . 9/10/2013
That's funnier than the original! However, I believe Crabtree mistook Brackenreid's accent - he's from Doncaster according to 'Snakes and Ladders.' George's accent certainly sounded very rural in this one, even to my English ears!

Well done once again on your keen insights to Stationhouse No. 4!
barbarama chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
That is a really great sequel to your first story...That scene in season 1 always cracked me up and now reading it from George's perspective it makes it even funnier.

Congratulations, you're very talented :)
Voltaire63 chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I like it. Keep on going.
Demosthenes23 chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
OMG! This was hysterical! Even funnier than the show because George's thoughts are included! The proposals of marriage made me cry because I was laughing so hard. Once again, well done! My only complaint is that I wish this was longer!