Reviews for A Brief Respite
Blue Wolf2 chapter 1 . 2/23
Part of me always wanted to see Bones taking care of Jim in the movie. He got a pretty good beating and somehow goes on about his business like normal. Loved your view on how this situation would go between the two of them.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
I really enjoy your writing style and certainly hope that you will post more trek stories!
MamzelleHermy chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Lovely oned shot! Brillant in fact!
Len chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
I think it might really happen like that. McCoy is my favourite character in this timeline and in my opinion you draw him like he is. Especially the end of this story is great...well, it is all great. The thing with the metaphors is my favourite, it fits perfectly to the characters, to the whole story...and maybe, if this scene would have been in the film, I'd liked STID better. I miss those conversations a little bit. That's probably why I like your story so much I write you a review :)
Hawaiichick chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Loved how the friendship between Kirk and McCoy is shown and how you explored the effects of Pike's death affecting Jim.
witchy78 chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Loved it ! I loved how Mc Coy is as stuborn as Jim when it comes to his health. I like how you slowy built the caring procedure. Exactly what I was waiting for.
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
good story!
kitcat2522 chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
I love your last line-"But the door had already closed." After the sentence about the mask sliding down, it has a wonderful sense of multiple meanings and ambivalence as to whether you mean a literal or figurative door.
xheartkreuzx chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
fantastic story! your writing is flawless.
Dark Angel's Blue Fire chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Great story thanks for sharing x x
Bebedora chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
I can't believe I didn't see this sooner! *hides* This was absolutely fantastic. I love stories that fill in the "missing scenes" and this is by far one of the best I have ever read. You perfectly captured Kirk's raw emotions in the moment, and I applaud you. Kirk can be a tough guy to "get right" in certain situations, and you nailed it. And I really enjoyed your take with Bones. He showed the perfect balance between concerned friend and determined doctor.

Just perfect. I hope you continue to write in this fandom, you are gifted with words!

deern2000 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Best story so far, and I habe been reading a lot lately. More of that would be great. Thank you!
Teri1 chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Excellent well written.

This is a very good fic, short but very structurated, good development on the characters.

Great work.
Please continue. I love your writting.
DLB48 chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Very nicely done. Jim Kirk sure has to go through a lot of growth in this movie, doesn't he?
Dragonflysoul chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
D'aw. I really enjoyed this. Thank you.