Reviews for A Five Score Prelude
BookHobbit chapter 4 . 11/26/2002
Hmmm, I thought I had reviewed this chapter; 'Who needs a memory' indeed!

This chapter was good. I liked the part where Drogo thought Frodo's name was Bingo for a moment- does that have anything to do with the fact that Frodo *was* originally going to be called Bingo? I also liked how he said "I don't think I fuss too much over her." Reminded me of stories my grandfather told about my own father... Anywho, it's sad that Frodo won't have much of a chance to actually be with his father and mother... [sniffles]

Looking forward to more!
shirebound chapter 4 . 11/22/2002
Fascinating vignette; a rare glimpse into Drogo Baggins' thoughts. It's always so great to see an update to this creative tale!
Guest chapter 3 . 11/8/2002
HAH HAH! Cute! Very clever! I can't wait to see a little bit of Frodo! I really appriciate all of the time you've put into this! I've tried to start quite a few fanfics but have yet to finish one completely! Isn't that sad? Don't do that!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
This is wonderful! It's so very polished and well-thought-out! Excellent! I must continue w/ the other chapters! Farewell and to all the LotR fans out there, happy four days left until the special edition DVD comes out day! :)
BookHobbit chapter 3 . 11/4/2002
I'm glad this story was updated. It's very good, and very believable- true to the characters and all. Hmm, seems like Hamson was right- there *was* a troll at his window- what? It was Lotho? Same thing. Good story- it's now on my favorites list.
shirebound chapter 3 . 11/4/2002
You're back! It's nice to see an update to this unique story. Bilbo's relationship with Hamfast is written just perfectly, and I'm curious to hear more about Frodo's birth... and Sam's trolls... and Chapter 4!
E.G1 chapter 2 . 9/15/2002
I cannot believe how incredible this story is! I love the father-son relationship and how Hamfast explains his "special juice" and why there is no troll outside the window. The subtle way that Sam's coming birth is alluded to is beautiful, as is the poem at the end. I think that this is my favorite story on the site! Keep up the good work!
Elayne of Broadview Farm chapter 2 . 9/15/2002
OK, well, girl, you know I don't compliment you much, except when you sing. And that is because I can sing, but... But, here, I'll criticise so I can truly grant you some compliments for your talent. Story is wonderfully developed. Definitely not Tolkien- we both know that ;) as Tolkien uses past tense. Told you I was going to be picky. That said, I swear I heard Frodo speak. Good job. Think you should stick to authoring. That way you can do it and still sing on the side. y'know?
T.H.W chapter 2 . 9/14/2002
Wow! i thought the first chapter of this was amazing, but this proves it even more so! I sincerely enjoyed this chapter! Again, your insight into the characters is perfect. The dialogue between father and son made me just kinda chuckle inwardly, mainly because I have seen stuff like this so many times and it is so true to life! You are a very good writer, that much is clear. Its quite obvious, even from this story, that you observe the things around you, and are very insightful. Those are great things to harbor, especially for a writer. I have added this to my favorites list because it has struck a chord in me and I truly, love this story. Please keep writing, because I'll be back!

T.H.
T.H.W chapter 1 . 9/14/2002
Wow! This is very, very good, and it is quite obvious that you've worked incredibly hard on this story! Your insight into the character's, inside their mind, or for example in this chapter, we see into the mind of Hamfast. It is phenomenal! You capture every thought very simply, but it catches our interest and helps us to understand. This is so very good. I am enjoying this thoroughly and am going to save my praise for the next chapter. Keep it up!

T.H.
Mish chapter 2 . 9/14/2002
Ooo, I like that poem at the end of chapter 2! :)

So, you're re-writing this, eh? _ I'm eager to see what you do with it. I was a bit confused when I saw there were only two chapters since I had been reading the last version of it, but then I read your author's note. :D *whew* I'm not going crazy! ...Well, maybe I wouldn't go that far... ;)

I wish I could give some helpful criticism, but at the time I find no problems! :) I love it so far and can't wait to read more. Thank you, brittney!
E.G1 chapter 1 . 9/14/2002
This is such a beautiful story! You have captured the emotions and personalities of the hobbits perfectly. I love the look into the mind of Hamfast and his feelings for his children; your portrayal is quite insightful. The idea for the story is also very original and creative. Such wonderful writing is rare and I look forward to reading more!
BookHobbit chapter 2 . 9/14/2002
This is...wow. This sounds extremely interesting and I'm eager to know what happens next. It's very well-written, in my opinion. Keep up the good work!
shirebound chapter 2 . 9/14/2002
My goodness, I've never been so intrigued by the beginning of a story! This looks like it's going to be a real master-work, and I'm so glad you're sharing it with us. I eagerly look forward to what is to come...