Reviews for Jealousy over Jessie
GaliCat chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
That's actually a very good question. Is it that James is starting to feel romantic inclinations towards Jessie, or is it simply that James has only recently become aware of sexuality itself?

I have a bit of a theory that James may not have even hit puberty yet; it's not quite so Farfetch'd because my own brother didn't hit puberty until he was twenty-one, and James' canon age is in dispute, ranging from fifteen, seventeen, and "prowling his twenties" from different sources... and there's the "fact" (that my brother told me and I have seen no actual confirmation of) that apparently James' Japanese voice has been continually growing more high-pitched over the years...

Interestingly enough, James' attitude towards sexuality, though rarely outright alluded to, is a lot more complicated than Rocketshipping or the common presumption that his previous cross-dressing and overall bishy-ness meant that he was "obviously" gay. Sure, he got up in that ridiculously over-inflated bikini top, but a few episodes later he was head over heels for a pretty girl that unfortunately turned out to be a Gastly, and that plus an unfortunate re-acquaintance with Jessiebelle probably lead heavily to James' statement in the second movie that he stays out of trouble with the opposite sex (a piece of advice Brock might be wiser to follow, come to think of it). In the third movie, James mentions having placed a personal ad in the paper and getting a lot of strange letters in reply, although that might have just been a quip, as he was comparing them to the Unown. (Although anyone willing to respond to a personals ad placed by a guy like James might well be very strange themselves.)

Much later on, in the Sinnoh region, when James disguised himself as "Jessalina" to fill in for Jessie in a Pokemon Contest, he mentioned to Meowth that it made him nervous because he hadn't cross-dressed in a while, possibly indicating that there was a very legitimate reason he'd stopped cross-dressing (and I'll bet an Arceus to a Magikarp that the reason was Brock). But strangely enough, in the Darkrai movie, when Jessie starts going ga-ga over the (male and quite handsome) baron, James gushes in about the exact same tone of voice... although it's hard to say whether or not James is simply head-over-heels with the idea of playing along with whatever Jessie's plan is in order to take advantage of the baron's life of luxury and probably make off with most of the baron's loot. (It's also interesting that, during the end credits, Jessie, James, and Meowth are seen emerging from a darkened closet, with the implication apparently being that they changed into their uniforms there... TOGETHER. With Meowth watching. In fairness, it was completely black in there, so Meowth was probably the only one who could see a thing... oooh, I just can't seem to justify that scene no matter how much I try.)

And then, of course, there's the old "MOLTRESSSSSSSSSSS!" incident, in which Jessie seems to indicate a belief that James is gay ("I'm afraid (that costume) came right out of his closet"), which is probably exactly what James wants her to believe, considering his reaction in "Sweet Baby James" when his grandparents believe that he's married to Jessie (an event which, ironically enough, actually occurs of James' own choice in The Electric Tale of Pikachu manga). I've come to the conclusion that James is completely sincere in the second movie when he states that he doesn't want any trouble with the opposite sex, but I'm hard-pressed to believe that that means he's completely suppressed any subconscious affections he might feel for Jessie...

Perhaps he thinks of her as a sister - in fact, when I was a Pokemon newb, I thought that Jessie and James were obvious siblings, partially because of the alliterative names, but also because of their relationship dynamic, which unfortunately I have seen mirrored in various ways throughout my own family with my three siblings, both in positive and negative ways. I didn't realize my error until I read in a Pokemon book at Wal-Mart a few years back that in one of the early Sinnoh episodes, James visits his old manor... and then suddenly I was like, "what the heck? They AREN'T related? Then why the heck do they stick together, anyway?"

Maybe that was the point at which I became a Rocketshipper, probably to James' conscious dismay.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
*squealing over cuteness please hold*
DoliInTheSkyWithDiamonds chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
lol seems like someone is in looove! nice job, you should totally continue
Jeimii-chan2009 chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
cute, this sounds like something James would do.
delete this profile its unused chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Very cute!
ciliaclu9 chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
I like possessive James :)
MarronChestnut chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
that cute with james ;] and sick with that guy who licked his lips:[ nice story